Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Onion Bag

Quote from: lurgan-gael on September 03, 2008, 04:33:46 PM
would they really ban a whole club, underage teams included?

what happened ballymacnab when they were in ulster, where they not involved in a bit of fisty cuffs?

The nab had a run in with the Stewartstown players in casement, the players involved got their own individual bans ranging from 4 weeks, to 6 months,

Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

billy the kid

Quote from: Onion Bag on September 03, 2008, 05:19:21 PM
Quote from: lurgan-gael on September 03, 2008, 04:33:46 PM
would they really ban a whole club, underage teams included?

what happened ballymacnab when they were in ulster, where they not involved in a bit of fisty cuffs?

The nab had a run in with the Stewartstown players in casement, the players involved got their own individual bans ranging from 4 weeks, to 6 months,

All the shorter bans (4 Weeks) didnt matter as no games were played in this period and all the longer bans were eventually overturned as they hired a lawer and appealed to every possible person they could, think they were even at the UN with Koffi Annan, and eventually got off on a technicality. Think the ref wasnt supposed to be doing that game because he was on the dole so his £10 match fee would have been against the law. Something like that anyway.
If it moves hit it
If it doesnt hit it anyway!!

illdecide

Quote from: bennydorano on September 03, 2008, 11:10:22 AM
Quote from: illdecide on September 03, 2008, 10:51:10 AM
Quote from: bennydorano on September 03, 2008, 09:10:50 AM
Apparently the Athletic Grounds pitch itself isn't ready for a game yet, so I'd say Cross v Clans will be at Cruppen (abbey park a  possibility but mightn't hold the crowd).  No doubt they'll take us back to that shithole Keady, Ogs v Granemore would be the 'Nab I'd assume and Abbey Park or Pearse Og Park will get CE v Killeavey.

Why would the pitch not be ready? it was laid about 4 years ago and it looks perfect in the photos (i wish Davitt Park looked as good as that). Correct me if I'm wrong but is the Junior championship semi's not on in the Athletic Grounds this weekend. And the county board were looking for our game with Cross for the Friday night under the lights but it didn't suit both teams so as far as I'm aware it will be there on the Sunday (not sure if it's part of a double header)
The Junior semi's are the weekend of 27th/28th September.  Could be wrong but as I say I heard the pitch isn't ready just yet, so dont be suprised if you hear it's Cruppen for the Clans game!

Good man Benny...Our game v Cross is in Carrickcruppen at 5:30 next Sunday
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

fcuksake

has the rest of the dates & venues been decided
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.

Candyman

Harps V Mullabawn   2.00pm @ Cullyhana         Sun 14th

Ogs V Granemore    6.00pm @ Ballymacnab     Sat 13th

bennydorano

Ogs V Granemore    5.30 @ Ballymacnab     Sat 13th

Clann Eireann v Killeavey @ Abbey Park 5.30pm Sat 13th

Cross v Clans @ 5.30pm in Cruppen Sun 14th

Goats Do Shave

Should have been 2 double headers!

corn02

f**k off Goats - don't be so forward thinking and correct. I honestly can't see how the advantage of staging these in four different grounds.

Take me, the unhappy Dromintee man out of the Championship. Harps match and a Cross match in a double header would have me staright out the door. Now I am not sure if I will go to either.

Whacker

Do the words Armagh County Board mean nothing to you??

I SHOT JR

In comparison to their opponents, Harps have to travel further to the game.  If this game is to be in South Armagh, surely Silverbridge would've been a better choice given the facilities at their pitch.  I was at a game there recently and the pitch was in some nick, even the goalmouths were fully covered with grass.  Maybe Cullyhanna's pitch has been redeveloped, i'm not sure?  Seems a strange choice to me.

fcuksake

Quote from: bennydorano on September 04, 2008, 11:08:32 AM

Ogs V Granemore    5.30 @ Ballymacnab     Sat 13th

Clann Eireann v Killeavey @ Abbey Park 5.30pm Sat 13th

Cross v Clans @ 5.30pm in Cruppen Sun 14th

WTF.....

dont think harps have ever played a c-ship game there, so we cant say we have been unlucky on it,  but i do know that we rarely pick up points at this ground in the league.... :(

Surely a double header in Cruppin would have been the best for both players & supporters.

venue aside, We'll just have to get on with it..All we need now is Hearty as Ref...dont be :o :o :o :o when its announced...
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.

bennydorano

Suprising location alright for the Harps game, especially as you have to drive past a better pitch in Newtown to get to it ???  I'd be more worried that I've heard the pitch has been in very poor condition in recent weeks?  Tac, Que pasa?

full back

Quote from: bennydorano on September 04, 2008, 01:55:20 PM
Suprising location alright for the Harps game, especially as you have to drive past a better pitch in Newtown to get to it ??? 

I may be wrong but I thought there had to be turnstyles at the ground where a Senior C'ship game is held
Does the Nab have turnstyles?