Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doire na raithe

What bookies is that? How can they justify cross at 1/5 and only have dromintee at 3/1? thats not a fair price at all.

Very surprised to see everyone tipping dromintee, I suspect its that type of situation where you have nothing to lose by tipping dromintee, if it happens you look like a genius and if they get beat then nobody notices cos it was expected anyway.

I hope we do it this time! f**k ill be sick the whole way over here in Chicago if we do!

full back

Quote from: bennydorano on August 30, 2008, 04:02:50 PM
Quote from: full back on August 29, 2008, 04:19:35 PM
2/1 Nab  7/1  Mullaghbawn 1/3

10/11 Cruppen  6/1  Harps 10/11

4/7 Killeavey  7/1  Maghery 5/4

10/11 C Eireann  6/1  Newtown 10/11

8/11 Granemore  6/1  Whitecross 1/1

1/5 Cross  13/2  Dromintee 3/1

1/3 Pearse Ogs  7/1  Tir Na N'og 2/1

Odds from Hughes I think
Bookies in Armagh have Cruppen 5/4 Harps 4/5 (& & Ogs at 3/10).

Benny, the probable reason for this is because the bookies is in Armagh & the are more likely to lay the local teams - so they will go a lower price & know the locals will still have a bet

Quote from: doire na raithe on August 30, 2008, 08:54:49 PM
What bookies is that? How can they justify cross at 1/5 and only have dromintee at 3/1? thats not a fair price at all.

Sh1te odds indeed doire, but there is no competition so the boolies can go whatever price they want :-\

Cruppe/Harps game was disappointing tonight. As someone said the atmosphere was poor & the crowd was sparce for a Senior Championship game.
Topgun, the ref was alright for both sides IMHO, he is one of the few refs I have seen that blows up for over-carrying when going into & after the tackle, maybe that is what you are complaining about.
Cruppen looked very timid & didnt put up a fight. Thought Loughran should have been closer to the goals, instead of CHF.
Kane hit a few decent frees for Cruppen in the first half.
Quigley was good up front for the Harps & Kelly hit some super frees.
Harps deserved to win & with Holmes to go into the team, will give a lot of the remaining teams (bar Cross) a run for their money

fcuksake

Was in  Keady tonight for the Harps game. as said already poor 1st half but i thought Harps were convincing winners in the end. I was suprised by the scoreline as were many Harps supporters (which were light on the ground tonight- v.poor attendance ) .

I maybe expected alot more from Cruppin. I thought McConnville in defence for Harps was excellent along with Vernon who   was very strong on the ball. Harps won their fair share in the middle. But for first time this year the full forward line worked hard with all returning a goal and a few points apiece.

One criticism I would have was the Harps lack of direct football at times were players were overturned or overcarried the ball when they had several opoortunities to relase the ball to the ff line which had made their runs into space  .

Anyway Well done lads. Hope the  draw for the next round is kind to us. Wouldnt say we will be challenging Cross but it was a good team performance tonight but maybe if a few players become available for the next round and we avoid Cross we MAY have a chance of advancing to the Semis

Na clairsigh Abu     
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.

bennydorano

Poor attendance, poor atmosphere, shit ground but a great result for us.  Cruppen hit their fair share of wides in the first half and any luck going we probably got it so I was confident at half time as we had played against whatever elements there were and had been shooting into the far goals (I would always say the town end goals are better to play into).  We were excellent in the second half with some great attacking football at times.

A great fighting performance from everyone on the field, you really couldn't fault anyone,  but Vernon, Joe Quigley & Mark McConville were outstanding.  Vernon was just awesome at times coming forward with Cruppen men bouncing of him or just plain assaulting him to stop him. 

A kind draw in the next round would be nice and then we'd have Holmes back.

Whacker

Quote from: bennydorano on August 31, 2008, 10:30:04 AM
Poor attendance, poor atmosphere, shit ground but a great result for us.  Cruppen hit their fair share of wides in the first half and any luck going we probably got it so I was confident at half time as we had played against whatever elements there were and had been shooting into the far goals (I would always say the town end goals are better to play into).  We were excellent in the second half with some great attacking football at times.

A great fighting performance from everyone on the field, you really couldn't fault anyone,  but Vernon, Joe Quigley & Mark McConville were outstanding.  Vernon was just awesome at times coming forward with Cruppen men bouncing of him or just plain assaulting him to stop him. 

A kind draw in the next round would be nice and then we'd have Holmes back.

What game were you watching?  Can count at least 4 times off the top of my head he was easily dispossessed!  Poor game, poor venue and two poor teams!

pintsofguinness

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Real1995

cross beat dromintee by 5 points-poor enuf game
Nice guys always finish second!

Uladh

Just got the dromintee result - poor enough performance by all accounts

down_head

winsamsoon

Clan Eireann beat newtown by 2 points and the ogs beat Portadown by a cricket score.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

lurgan-gael

Cross 1-11 Dromintee 0-9
Pearse Og 3-14 Tir na nOg 0-8

pintsofguinness

more evidence division 2 clubs shouldnt be in the senior championship?  ???
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

TacadoirArdMhacha

Granemore beat Whitecross by 0-12 to 0-10. Strange enough game. Granemore were well on top throughout the first half and looked in total control, kicking some nice scores in the process - no 15 for them was very impressive. They were 0-11 to 0-4 up int he second half when the Whitecross centre half forward (colm O'Hanlon I think) was sent off for an elbow. This completely transformed the match and Whitecross scored 6 unanswered points to get within a point. At that point they had a great goal chance but the forward blazed wide when it seemed easier to score. This knocked the wind out of Whitrecross' sails a bit and Granemore got another point and did enough to hang on.

The Dromintee Cross game was a bit dissappointing for a tie that promised so much. Thought the atmosphere was a bit subdued. Dromintee were the better side in the first half but Cross went in a point ahead. Miceal O'Rourke missed a great goal chance in the first half. It was a pity Dromintee didn't go into the break with the lead they deserved. Early in the second half Dromintee missed another goal chance and once Cathal Short got the goal for Ranger's the writing was on the wall. Didn't think the goal should have stodd though and it seemed to me that he fell over the line. Arguably it was a penalty but I don't think the goal should have been awarded - it reminded me a bit of the Paddy McKeever "goal" against Dublin in 2002. After the goal Cross just had enough class to keep the scoreboard ticking over and were confortable enough winners in the end.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

fcuksake

Quote from: pintsofguinness on August 31, 2008, 08:38:22 PM
more evidence division 2 clubs shouldnt be in the senior championship?  ???

So there should only be 10 teams in the SFC.  ???

Harps will be in Div 2 next year does that mean they should drop back into the IFC after convincing winners over a potential Div 1 team next year(cruppin).

Tir na nOg are another team that could will be promoted as well.

Ogs are a good side when at full strength and are capable of hammering several Div 1 sides by a big margin.

Hard to know a fair format though
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.