Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uladh

Ah now bc, your swinging the lead!

brokencrossbar1

I am not Uladh.  Why would I be swinging the lead, dromintee have a great chance as no expects anything from them.  Cross coasted to the league while Dromintee struggled against relegation.  I think it is there for a real surprise.

Uladh

I haven't seen either this year but i'd say that dromintee struggled with relegation and cross coasted the league without their county players is probably the biggest indicator of where they're at. that's on top of the turmoil dromintee have been in all year. that said, you never know on the day but i doubt too many cross men would be thinking like you... if indeed you are thinking that way!

corn02

Quote from: illdecide on August 29, 2008, 10:24:58 AM
I see there are a few guys that fancy Dromintee ??? why would anyone fancy Dromintee to beat Cross, seriously. Dromintee have never beaten the Cross in the Senior championship, Cross are going for 13 in a row and Dromintee have never won 1. I also get the impression Dromintee are beaten before they go out on the pitch, when they see the black & amber they crack like an egg. (i hope i'm wrong but the facts don't lie)

P.S. before Corn and the rest jump in, this also applys to the majority of the teams in Armagh not just Dromintee...

I'll not jump in, I would just say that we haven't cracked like an egg, more beaten fairly on the day.

Persoanally this is the first year that I don't think we have a great cahnce, we still have a very good chance but it is hard to know jhow it will pan out. Last year we got the closest (draw) and then  a week later we were beaten quite easily. All I know is we still have a crackiong team and the boys wil lgive it a 100% and you can't ask for more and then who knows what will happen?

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Uladh on August 29, 2008, 11:47:05 AM

I haven't seen either this year but i'd say that dromintee struggled with relegation and cross coasted the league without their county players is probably the biggest indicator of where they're at. that's on top of the turmoil dromintee have been in all year. that said, you never know on the day but i doubt too many cross men would be thinking like you... if indeed you are thinking that way!

All I know Uladh is that championship is a funny thing and if Dromintee can get over their issues with playing Cross then I think they have the capacity to beat them.

On the other hand it could go arseways for them and they could be sent home with their tails between their legs.  Who knows?  I for one think it is far from a foregone conclusion and think there will only be kick of the ball between them.

corn02

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on August 29, 2008, 01:00:05 PM
Quote from: Uladh on August 29, 2008, 11:47:05 AM

All I know Uladh is that championship is a funny thing and if Dromintee can get over their issues with playing Cross then I think they have the capacity to beat them.

On the other hand it could go arseways for them and they could be sent home with their tails between their legs.  Who knows?  I for one think it is far from a foregone conclusion and think there will only be kick of the ball between them.

Fair enough logic. It is a weird one on the surface and, realistically, Cross should get through but Dromintee can turn it on at times and we' ll have to see. When is Harps and Cruppen, I want to get to that.

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: corn02 on August 29, 2008, 01:04:03 PM

When is Harps and Cruppen, I want to get to that.

Saturday 30 August

Carrickcruppen v Harps (Gary Smith) at Keady (6.00)

corn02

Cheers El, will head out to that anyway. Pity there were no double headers.

el_cuervo_fc

Think I might head up to it myself, something to pass the saturday evening

Aghdavoyle

Jaysus, i don't know where the creeping suspicions about dromintee beating cross originate?

much as i'd love it, i see nothing to base any optimism on. even since the county men have come back dromintee have been comfortably beaten by killeavy and ogs.
injuries or not, cross will win by 4 or 5 i suspect.

bennydorano

Who are Cross likely to be missing then?

Aghdavoyle

Allegedly big McKenna and one of the defenders... McKeown?

bennydorano

Champoinship's all on the day but it's hard to see Dromintee beating Cross - especially as they are going in on the back of a poor league.

lurgan-gael

So if Cross do beat Dromintee as expected, what other clubs are well enough equipped to beat them???

Aghdavoyle

Anyone any idea what the betting looks like for all of these games?