Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winsamsoon

Charlie Stubbs you can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear. The manager wasn't the only downfall you had last year because you are clearly not going any better this year.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

billy the kid

Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on August 27, 2008, 03:18:43 PM
Quote from: billy the kid on August 27, 2008, 03:14:08 PM
Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on August 27, 2008, 03:01:47 PM

would be veruy surprised if Keady dont come through this one with something to spare as Cuchulainns are a pretty poor outfit.  They would need Coulter to score all his frees and Keady to be well below par to have any chance, and would prob need Joby to make a few of his now famous boo-boos to give them a goal or 2.

As usual its Keadys championship to lose and the only way this will happen is if they get cocky play shit as they are a good bit better than the rest.  This is not because Keady are a brilliant team (but they are decent) but  because the rest are pretty poor.

Keady are a strong team with quality players, but on what evidence do you place the above assessment, I quote''as Cuchulainns are a pretty poor outfit''

Have seen them play a few times and My own clubs reserves played their full team last year and won easily.  Nearly all of them can only hit the ball on one side and most of the striking and stickwork is very poor and slow and most have to stop to hit the ball as they cant strike it on the run. To be honest they are nowhere near Keady and their only hope is that Keady are cocky and to pull them down to a beating match as they def wont out hurl them.  In my Honest opinion they are a very poor outfit but Keady are no big shakes either they are just well ahead of the rest of Armagh.
If it moves hit it
If it doesnt hit it anyway!!

bennydorano

Did Middletown not win the Hurling championship year before last?  That would suggest Keady are not as great as being suggested.  Also, I was at the Cuchulainns v Keady league game where Cuchulianns threw it away in the last few minutes (not sure of the strength of the teams that evening though).

billy the kid

Middletown won it year before last surely when they beat keady (who were missing a couple) of the pitch with some of the most cynical and dirty play I seen in a long time. but in terms of actual hurling ability Keady are good bit better.  In last years county final Keady hammered Middletown and should have won by far more. It was played in Pearse Ogs pitch which is good an wide and allowed Keady to open them up easily.

As regards the league game between Keady and Cuchulainns, Keady had only half a team on with a heap of minors playing as they expected to win and very few county men were even at the game.  Dont get me wrong I would love to see the Cuchulainns beat Keady and go on and win the Armagh title and thats who I will be supporting If they could get a good start, score all their frees, nick a goal, and keady are cocky they could run them close but wont beat them and having seen both teams plenty of times over the past few years and knowing both panels fairly well I cant see it, happening and def not if Keady play to their potential as they are the much better team.

But good luck to Both teams anyway 
If it moves hit it

Erwin Rommel

Quote from: gaapunter on August 27, 2008, 03:22:01 PM
Quote from: illdecide on August 27, 2008, 02:17:02 PM
Well i hear Barry John is fit so we should scrape into the quarters. But thats as far as we'll go...

You would know alot about it :P- cross are there for the taking- clans for the Ulster

:D

To be fair, you're taking the piss and that is funny - well done!   :)

Clans are an average, average team, whose relative success in recent yeaars has been down to handy championship draws and the excellent contributions oftwo ex county players. Remov either of those factors and they will be badly exposed..

illdecide

Quote from: Erwin Rommel on August 27, 2008, 09:41:55 PM
Quote from: gaapunter on August 27, 2008, 03:22:01 PM
Quote from: illdecide on August 27, 2008, 02:17:02 PM
Well i hear Barry John is fit so we should scrape into the quarters. But thats as far as we'll go...

You would know alot about it :P- cross are there for the taking- clans for the Ulster

:D

To be fair, you're taking the piss and that is funny - well done!   :)

Clans are an average, average team, whose relative success in recent yeaars has been down to handy championship draws and the excellent contributions oftwo ex county players. Remov either of those factors and they will be badly exposed..

Well i'm glad you rated us average as i believed we were below average, so we must be a bit better than i gave them credit for...Dunno about you guys but i'm starting to get the old buzz that only the championship can bring and i can't wait for the matches over the next few weeks...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

umgolaarmagh

Ill Decide - are you togging out this weekend

Must be hitting close to your 20th championship campaign  ;)

billy the kid

Hi there lads was wondering if any of yous have a contact number for Cuchulainns Hurling Club (underage) as fella from our club looking it.

If anyone does could you PM me as I dont think posting someones phone number on this board would be appropriate.

Cheers
If it moves hit it

lurgan-gael

Ballymacnab v Mullaghbawn Mullabawn
Carrickcruppen v Harps - cruppen
Killeavey v Maghery - maghery
Clann Eireann v St Michael's - newtown
Granemore v Whitecross - granemore
Crossmaglen v Dromintee - cross
Pearse Og v Tir na nÓg - Pearse Og

Clans are no world beaters but asides from Ogs and Cross out of the likely winners of the first round ties they would fancy their chances..

illdecide

Quote from: umgolaarmagh on August 28, 2008, 11:50:54 AM
Ill Decide - are you togging out this weekend

Must be hitting close to your 20th championship campaign  ;)

Well saying we've no match i'll not be togging out this weekend ;) :D Jasus i'm not as old as McCaugherty ;)

illdecide

Quote from: lurgan-gael on August 28, 2008, 12:24:10 PM
Ballymacnab v Mullaghbawn Mullabawn
Carrickcruppen v Harps - cruppen
Killeavey v Maghery - maghery
Clann Eireann v St Michael's - newtown
Granemore v Whitecross - granemore
Crossmaglen v Dromintee - cross
Pearse Og v Tir na nÓg - Pearse Og

Clans are no world beaters but asides from Ogs and Cross out of the likely winners of the first round ties they would fancy their chances..

Welcome to the board Lurgan Gael, i c u lost you're virginity on the board ;) :D

lurgan-gael

:-* yip i'm only new to this craic, so go easy on me.  :o

brokencrossbar1

35 illdecide, would that be about right?  You're even more at the wrong end of it than me.  At least I had sense(or to put it correctly somone else had the sense to tell me to quit!)

Interesting to see how the games will pan out this weekend.  Dromintee might just suprise Cross this year.

billy the kid

Cant see Cross losing but for Dromintee this has to be the best time to play them - Inthe first round before they get much momentum built up and any teething problems sorted out.
If it moves hit it