Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlie stubbs

Quote from: winsamsoon on August 25, 2008, 06:55:10 PM
Cullaville will beat the Tones by at least 5 points in the intermediate championship.

they only beat us by 4 last year in the semi and we have got rid of that clown paul mckenna so who knows!!

nashville

Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on August 27, 2008, 09:22:23 AM
Quote from: Hank Everlast on August 27, 2008, 09:17:01 AM
Quote from: nashville on August 26, 2008, 09:59:58 PM

No.2 - Brian Mallon done his hamstring after 5mins against Silverbridge on Sunday... I would take the Ogs to win by 8

Or did he????                     Sounds like a championship ploy to me!!!!

a cunning plan  ;)

Considering that they are still fighting for promotion, taking your best player off after 5mins would seem a bit strange..

In all honesty though, reports I've heard say he pulled up in agony

The GAA

Ballymacnab v Mullaghbawn (Mickey Leonard) at Silverbridge (6.00)

I reckon mullaghbawn will have too much senior championship experience and knowhow for the nab. despite all the scoring potential being on the ballymacnab side i'll go for a narrow bawn win

Carrickcruppen v Harps (Gary Smith) at Keady (6.00)

Tough one to call with teams around similar levels. the clown of a referee for this one might even sway things. i'll go for cruppen's winning habit and u21 success to scrape them a narrow win

Killeavey v Maghery (Ger Devlin) at Pearse Og Park (6.00)

another tough call. i think maghery put killeavy out last year? killeavy have the experience of a successful div one campaign under their belt and with the firepower thy theoretically have they should just beat a relegated maghery outfit.

Clann Eireann v St Michael's (Jimmy McKee) at Abbey Park (2.00)

two more evenly matched teams but i'll go for newtown's battling qualities and a bit more cuteness to prevail by 4 or 5

Granemore v Whitecross (Rory Robinson) at Cullyhanna (2.00)

Given that i think big toner is injured and that whitecross were a division one team last year, i'll guess that whitecross should have a big championship performance in them and i'll take them to win by 3 or 4

Crossmaglen v Dromintee (Jim Slevin) at Carrickcruppen (6.00)

A more interesting tie than most people think i believe. Cross are rumoured to be without big McKenna and and maybe a couple more with injury. i'll go for a dromintee win now that noone actually expectsthem to run cross close.

Pearse Og v Tir na nÓg (Oliver Hearty) at Davitt Park (6.00)

pearse og could get things very sticky here and once again the ref appointed could make a hames of things. until reaching the county final last year, og's championship pedigree has been woeful in recent years but i think they should have enough to beat the div 2 high fliers

Clans If barry john is available the lurgan aristocrats should do just enough to get themselves in the hat for quarter finals

BenDover

Ballymacnab v Mullaghbawn
Carrickcruppen v Harps
Killeavey v Maghery
Clann Eireann v St Michael's
Granemore v Whitecross
Crossmaglen v Dromintee
Pearse Og v Tir na nÓg

Thats my predictions for the weekends action

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: BenDover on August 27, 2008, 01:37:23 PM
Carrickcruppen v Harps
Killeavey v Maghery
Clann Eireann v St Michael’s
Granemore v Whitecross
Crossmaglen v Dromintee
Pearse Og v Tir na nÓg

I think I'd have to agree with those predictions Ben.

corn02

Same here except for Whitecross to defeat Granemore.

illdecide

Well i hear Barry John is fit so we should scrape into the quarters. But thats as far as we'll go...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

IVEDECIDED

Quote from: The GAA on August 27, 2008, 12:05:26 PM

Ballymacnab v Mullaghbawn (Mickey Leonard) at Silverbridge (6.00)

I reckon mullaghbawn will have too much senior championship experience and knowhow for the nab. despite all the scoring potential being on the ballymacnab side i'll go for a narrow bawn win

Carrickcruppen v Harps (Gary Smith) at Keady (6.00)

Tough one to call with teams around similar levels. the clown of a referee for this one might even sway things. i'll go for cruppen's winning habit and u21 success to scrape them a narrow win

Killeavey v Maghery (Ger Devlin) at Pearse Og Park (6.00)

another tough call. i think maghery put killeavy out last year? killeavy have the experience of a successful div one campaign under their belt and with the firepower thy theoretically have they should just beat a relegated maghery outfit.

Clann Eireann v St Michael's (Jimmy McKee) at Abbey Park (2.00)

two more evenly matched teams but i'll go for newtown's battling qualities and a bit more cuteness to prevail by 4 or 5

Granemore v Whitecross (Rory Robinson) at Cullyhanna (2.00)

Given that i think big toner is injured and that whitecross were a division one team last year, i'll guess that whitecross should have a big championship performance in them and i'll take them to win by 3 or 4

Crossmaglen v Dromintee (Jim Slevin) at Carrickcruppen (6.00)

A more interesting tie than most people think i believe. Cross are rumoured to be without big McKenna and and maybe a couple more with injury. i'll go for a dromintee win now that noone actually expectsthem to run cross close.

Pearse Og v Tir na nÓg (Oliver Hearty) at Davitt Park (6.00)

pearse og could get things very sticky here and once again the ref appointed could make a hames of things. until reaching the county final last year, og's championship pedigree has been woeful in recent years but i think they should have enough to beat the div 2 high fliers

Clans If barry john is available the lurgan aristocrats should do just enough to get themselves in the hat for quarter finals

Not sure about this actually - the way the Clans have been the past few weeks I think they might actually loose the bye!! :D :D :D

I think Cruppen could beat the Harps and Portadown could manage a darw at least if they play well. In fact I wouldnt rule out a number of draws in this round. These may include the Kileavy match, Clan Eireann and granemore matches.

billy the kid

Was looking at league tables and decided to hoke out this post making predictions for relegation and promotion and was surprised to see how many could still come to pass.

GAA Discussion / Local GAA Discussion / Re: Armagh Club football & hurling  on: June 04, 2008, 03:21:09 PM

Div 1/2 think Killeavy and Maghery will go down  With Tir na nOg and Sarsfield/Cruppen going up. at a push I would say Cruppen

Div2/3 two from Ballymacnab, An port Mor and Keady to go down, prob Nab and An Port Mor. Fancy Collegeland and Madden to make it up.

Div3/4 Tullysarran and Grange to go down as Cross II will get minors and u21s out to win games if need be later in the year. Fancy shane Oneills and Middletown to maintain it and gain promotion.

Div4/Ladies football Phelim Brady's to drop down to Ladies football after another fruitless season - and they would prob win the thing as the standard is that low.

Ladies football Matches should be played behind closed doors where nobody has to watch it.

Killeavy are def not going down but apart from that I think all other predictions have either come true, look like coming true or are going to be very close to coming true.

Sorry forgot about Bradys they got their first win so wont be dropping down and winning All-Ireland clubs at the womens attempt at football.

If it moves hit it
If it doesnt hit it anyway!!

RealSpiritof98

Carrickcruppen v Harps
Killeavey v Maghery
Granemore v Whitecross
Crossmaglen v Dromintee
Pearse Og v Tir na nÓg

Arn't you forgetting thee game of the weekend there Ben, Cuchulainns v Keady, Sunday 1.30pm @ Killeavy

Must be a Keady romp , them Ulster Champs and all that.

billy the kid

Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on August 27, 2008, 03:01:47 PM
Carrickcruppen v Harps
Killeavey v Maghery
Granemore v Whitecross
Crossmaglen v Dromintee
Pearse Og v Tir na nÓg

Arn't you forgetting thee game of the weekend there Ben, Cuchulainns v Keady, Sunday 1.30pm @ Killeavy

would be veruy surprised if Keady dont come through this one with something to spare as Cuchulainns are a pretty poor outfit.  They would need Coulter to score all his frees and Keady to be well below par to have any chance, and would prob need Joby to make a few of his now famous boo-boos to give them a goal or 2.

As usual its Keadys championship to lose and the only way this will happen is if they get cocky play shit as they are a good bit better than the rest.  This is not because Keady are a brilliant team (but they are decent) but  because the rest are pretty poor.
If it moves hit it
If it doesnt hit it anyway!!

RealSpiritof98

Quote from: billy the kid on August 27, 2008, 03:14:08 PM
Carrickcruppen v Harps
Killeavey v Maghery
Clann Eireann v St Michael’s
Granemore v Whitecross
Crossmaglen v Dromintee
Pearse Og v Tir na nÓg

would be veruy surprised if Keady dont come through this one with something to spare as Cuchulainns are a pretty poor outfit.  They would need Coulter to score all his frees and Keady to be well below par to have any chance, and would prob need Joby to make a few of his now famous boo-boos to give them a goal or 2.

As usual its Keadys championship to lose and the only way this will happen is if they get cocky play shit as they are a good bit better than the rest.  This is not because Keady are a brilliant team (but they are decent) but  because the rest are pretty poor.

Keady are a strong team with quality players, but on what evidence do you place the above assessment, I quote''as Cuchulainns are a pretty poor outfit''

gaapunter

Quote from: illdecide on August 27, 2008, 02:17:02 PM
Well i hear Barry John is fit so we should scrape into the quarters. But thats as far as we'll go...

You would know alot about it :P- cross are there for the taking- clans for the Ulster

illdecide

Quote from: gaapunter on August 27, 2008, 03:22:01 PM
Quote from: illdecide on August 27, 2008, 02:17:02 PM

You would know alot about it :P- cross are there for the taking- clans for the Ulster

the clans wouldn't beat corrinshigo at the minute saan ;) Who would fear the Clans having lost their last 5 league games. It's a good job they got a bye to the next round or they'd be having a bye bye :D :D
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

BenDover

Carrickcruppen v Harps
Killeavey v Maghery
Granemore v Whitecross
Crossmaglen v Dromintee
Pearse Og v Tir na nÓg

lol how could i forget that Real, I was just giving my predicitons on the football games