Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

back off the net

if you call that your 3rd team tonight i must be wrong but i could have picked out at least 5 to 6 players that are on your first team squad so on less im seeing things i must be wrong or these boys were brought down to play tonight and leave the boys that played all winter on the bench.that st pats team is the team your first team only beat with all your county men playing and cullyhanna had not got liam o hare or ciaran mc keever by 5 points so it was just a off night for them

Hank Everlast

Any word on st peters v Ballyhagan???

Hank Everlast

Ballyhagan beat St Peters by a point last nite in the intermediate championship

billy the kid

Quote from: crossfire on August 22, 2008, 08:33:43 PM
Cullyhanna beat Crossmaglen 3rds by a point tonight in the intermediate championship 1-13 to 2-9.
Good game
Cross missed a lot of chances especially in the first 15 mins

Just a question for yous Cross men on the board regarding your B team and IIs/IIIs

Which team (Bs or IIs/IIIs) would be higher in the pecking order (next down from seniors)?

In Derry all teams have a reserve team that play in their own county league and some of the bigger clubs have a IIIs team that play in the lower divisions of the Senior all county league.

The Senior team is obviously first. You have to name 18 players at start of the year as out and out senior (although teams have been known to name ex players who are in USA etc and wont even be in the country all season) this 18 cannot play reserve league and county senior players cannot play reserve league.  All other seniors are free to play reserve league if required. 

Then the reserve teams are next (Essentially IIs) and would be the same as B teams in Armagh.

Then there are the IIIs teams some of the bigger clubs have.  If a club has a IIIs team it has to name a certain number (15 I think) that will be out and out IIIs players and these players will be IIIs players all year and cannot play for the reserves or the seniors at all.

(There are a whole different set of rules around championship at the 3 levels)

In Derry the pecking order within a club would be:

Senior

Reserve (your Bs)

IIIs (Only in some bigger clubs)

If the Cross team called the IIs are behind the Bs they essentially are the IIIs and Crossfire is right.

But if they are ahead of the Bs they are correctly named the IIs and Crossfire is being arrogant.

If it moves hit it
If it doesnt hit it anyway!!

RICH TEA

everyone here is getting away from the point and getting stuck on what crossfire said about it being cross thirds, it was in fact cross seconds and everyone knows that. the senior penel boys you are talking about is 3 boys who only get a shout with the seniors when the county men are not available and there are 3 of them, o calaghan, clarke and ahearn and they didnt even start last night as they had not been with this team all year but when they came on they played very well. fair enough cullyhanna won and well done to them but credit were credits due to these bunch of lads from cross who were complete underdogs, never played together all year and they prob desereved at least a draw last night.
but crossfire a lot of clubs have a big senior panel also., cross have a large parish also. cross seconds did well but not enough.

enough said, it was a great game to watch. when it the draw for the next round??? and when is it???.
has anyone the dates for the rest of the inter championships this year??  

crossfire

corn02

I wouldn't really class Fish as a man who only gets a look in when the county men are away - unfair comment on the lad.

Uladh

Did that fish ahern lad come on for cross last night? find that very hard to believe

crossfire

Fish didn't play. He isn't eligible having played senior last year.

The only members of the senior panel who started last nights game were Ryan Carragher and Jamie Clarke.

Uladh

Bit strange to rule lads like that out of the senior championship but i suppose cross have plenty of options ahead of those lads

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: Uladh on August 23, 2008, 02:32:10 PM

Bit strange to rule lads like that out of the senior championship but i suppose cross have plenty of options ahead of those lads

are they not still elligible to play next week?  I thought it was only if u'd played in the senior championship that you couldn't play for the reserves, and not the other way about.  Did this same scenario not happen last year with Rico Kelly against the Harps?

bud

Surely cross 1st and 2nds have to be treated as two seperate teams.
If they were treated as one they could play their seniors in the intermediate championship or the third divison (bar those in the 1st 15).

For example i couldn't line out for clann eireann in division 2 one week and then for st peters in divisions 3 the next, i would need a transfer!  Why should cross be allowed this option.
Surely they should have a named squad for both teams with players not allowed to interchange unless they transfer between sides as would happen with any other teams in the county.

Uladh

You can't play in two different championships (intermediat & senior) within the same county in one year. that's my understanding GAA rules anyway.

el_cuervo_fc

It could possibly have been for the b team last year. ???

bennydorano

Something happened about Rico alright, think we were told you can step up a grade to play but not down, maybe Rico never played in the championship for Cross 2nds but was registered on their league panel?  I cant remember the exact details.