Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MOJO

Thinking of taking in a few Intermediate games this weekend, any players of note, with the exception of the county players, that maybe worth looking out for in the Ballyhegan Vs St.Peter's, Wolfe Tones Vs Annaghmore & Madden Vs Clonmore game?

crossfire

To Billy the Kid

Cross dont expect to win the minor championship this year as 13 of our team are under age again next year.
The corner forward you refer to is still under 16.

Cullyhanna are the team to beat but i fancy clans to go well having seen them recently in the all county minor league

billy the kid

Quote from: crossfire on August 22, 2008, 01:28:53 PM
To Billy the Kid

Cross dont expect to win the minor championship this year as 13 of our team are under age again next year.

Cullyhanna are the team to beat but i fancy clans to go well having seen them recently in the all county minor league

That lads only 16? Very suprised at that hes a very strong lad with a great eye for a score and his movement of the ball is fantastic even now. Who is he def one to keep an eye on for the future.

Forgot about Armagh Harps seen them also this year and they are a good outfit but prob a player or two away this year and do alot of shouting at each other during games but if they are young this may explain it.

Also forgot I seen Ogs play or rather take the field, they were a very poor outfit.

Havent seen Cullyhanna but agree they should be good having won the U16 and Minor last year.
If it moves hit it
If it doesnt hit it anyway!!

corn02

I believe this Cullyhanna side gavve Mayobridge a few hidings at u16 level - same players. Mayobridge are a v good side at this level so I will be expecting St Pats to continue their fine underage form of the last few years.

IVEDECIDED

Quote from: crossfire on August 22, 2008, 01:28:53 PM
To Billy the Kid

I was at the same game I think your referring to. Clans v Cross was a very entertaining minor game with Clans coming out on top. Judging on that game and others in the same group id fancy Clans to have a say in the championship however I havent seen Granemore or Cullyhana and I wouldnt think that Cross team would be easily beat either.

charlie stubbs

Quote from: MOJO on August 22, 2008, 12:22:49 PM
Thinking of taking in a few Intermediate games this weekend, any players of note, with the exception of the county players, that maybe worth looking out for in the Ballyhegan Vs St.Peter's, Wolfe Tones Vs Annaghmore & Madden Vs Clonmore game?

for tones niall lennon art corner back very tight marker.  ryan mcquillan very good player also was on armagh u21s 2 years ago but didnt get much of a look in due to the depth of talent on the panel.playing fb last few games but wasted there as a very good ball carrier.david heaney prob been our player of the year 24 plays chb norm or fb.  in the forwards emmet haughian good ball carrier shooting lets him down on occassions though.  tones guaranteed 10 plus wides forwards horrible!!

for st.peters keith totton(tots) can be dangerous in the forwards but you will have a sore head afer game likes to complain the odd bit.peters will rely mainly on davey wilson for the bulk of their scores. 

would imagine madden a few handy players top of 3rd and in u21 final

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: charlie stubbs on August 22, 2008, 06:04:32 PM
Quote from: MOJO on August 22, 2008, 12:22:49 PM

for tones niall lennon art corner back very tight marker.  ryan mcquillan very good player also was on armagh u21s 2 years ago but didnt get much of a look in due to the depth of talent on the panel.playing fb last few games but wasted there as a very good ball carrier.david heaney prob been our player of the year 24 plays chb norm or fb.  in the forwards emmet haughian good ball carrier shooting lets him down on occassions though.  tones guaranteed 10 plus wides forwards horrible!!

for st.peters keith totton(tots) can be dangerous in the forwards but you will have a sore head afer game likes to complain the odd bit.peters will rely mainly on davey wilson for the bulk of their scores. 

would imagine madden a few handy players top of 3rd and in u21 final

paddy pundit

pintsofguinness

I'm surprised back of the net is surfing around when his club's playing a championship match.
You missing the game back of the net?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

crossfire

Cullyhanna beat Crossmaglen 3rds by a point tonight in the intermediate championship 1-13 to 2-9.
Good game
Cross missed a lot of chances especially in the first 15 mins

RICH TEA

OH MY GOD, WAS AT THE ST PATS V'S CROSS 2ND's IN THE BRIDGE, FIRST 10 MINS CROSS WAS ALL OVER THEM AND MISSED LOTS OF SCORE. THEN CULLYHANNA CAME INTO IT A BIT WHEN THE REF GIVE THEM EVERYTHING (AT LEAST 3 POINTS IN THE FIRST HALF PLUS A PENO AND ANOTHER POINT IN THE SECOND) CROSS PLAYED WELL IN THE SECOND HALF AS DID ST PATS. LAST FEW MINUTES CROSS MISSED 2 SITTERS. PATS WON BY ONE POINT.
THIS IS THE TEAM THATS FAVOURITE, THEY WILL NEED TO IMPROVE 100% B4 THEY CAN THINK ABOUT WINNING ANY MORE CHAMP MATCHES.

UNDERDOGS WERE BIT BETTER ON THE NIGHT. BUT NOT SURE HOW MUCH FURTHER THEY WOULD HAVE WENT ????

IVEDECIDED

Quote from: crossfire on August 22, 2008, 08:33:43 PM
Cullyhanna beat Crossmaglen 3rds by a point tonight in the intermediate championship 1-13 to 2-9.
Good game
Cross missed a lot of chances especially in the first 15 mins

Dont you mean their 2nds - you twit!! :o

crossfire

No i don't !!!

We have 34 players on the senior panel. :) :) :)

winsamsoon

15 +15 =30  that leaves 4?? You are confusing me too crossfire
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

IVEDECIDED

Quote from: crossfire on August 22, 2008, 10:49:00 PM
No i don't !!!

We have 34 players on the senior panel. :) :) :)

My club has over 30 on our senior panel but we dont call our second string our 3rds you pompus p***k!! ;) Its common for senior panels to have that amount on the panel.  Do you even play son? Yous have 34 on your senior panel and id say another 40 odd split between your 2NDs and B teams. Thats in the region of 75 players and I bet your not one of them! ;D Well you do your bit I suppose - every club needs its slabber! :D :D :D

pintsofguinness

Why is it that the Clans men can't speak to someone without calling names?  ::)
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?