Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pintsofguinness

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Real1995

Hats off to Killeavey - what a turnaround......would like to see there stats for the second half of the league???
they couldn have dropped many points....
Nice guys always finish second!

TacadoirArdMhacha

QuoteHats off to Killeavey - what a turnaround......would like to see there stats for the second half of the league???
they couldn have dropped many points....

Well we beat them fairly handy in the 2nd half of the League with half a team missing and I was convinced at that stage they were doomed. Some turnaround you're right as in  he two games we played against them I definetly thought they were the poorest sides in the division but they got the points when it mattered so fair play to them.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Candyman

Maybe someone can verify this for me but will these be the teams in their respective divisions for next season? (Now I do understand that some teams like Cruppen etc arent guaranteed promotion just yet)

DIV 1
Crossmaglen
Pearse Og
Culloville
St Patrick's
Killeavey
Clan na Gael
Dromintee
Mullaghbawn
Sarsfields
Carrickcruppen

DIV 2
Harps
Maghery
Tir na nÓg
Granemore
Silverbridge
St Michael's
Clann Eireann
Wolfe Tone
Ballymacnab
Whitecross
Madden
St Paul's

DIV 3
Keady
An Port Mor
Collegeland
Annaghmore
Belleek
Ballyhegan
St Peter's
Lissummon
Tullysaran
Clonmore
Shane O'Neill's
Middletown

DIV 4
Grange
Crossmaglen II
Eire Og
Derrynoose
Forkhill
Clady
O'Hanlon's
Corrinshego
Mullaghbrack
Dorsey Emmett's
Phelim Brady's

winsamsoon

Quote from: downtown on August 17, 2008, 04:33:07 PM
Win you have some balls on you coming on here slating a lad with the commitment and time he has given to gaelic football! i no charlie quite well and have played on a few teams with him and id say if he has read this he would be quite annoyied to say the least! it was the lads first yr on the team and is only 20 r so, jesus christ give him a break! anyone that puts in the commitment that he does deserves nothing but praise! Hes did a good job in his first year and id say he will be around for quite a while!
[/quo

No one is slating Vernon as an individual, i personally don't kow the lad but what i have seen of him on the football field to date hasn't been anything special. That is my view on it and if it offends you then so be it. It is nothing personal against Charlie and as i have said he isn't the only one on the county panel that this applies to. Some of you guys get confused, when someone puts up a post about a certain individual. You automatically see it as a personal attack. You couldn't be further of the mark. It is merely a football opinion to which everyone within the GAA should be entitled too.

Also i have 100% respect for anyone who puts the committment in that Vernon and the other county lads have. However my posts have nothing to do with committment it is about football ability. I am sure we know of 20 guys who have all the committment in the world at club level, they would climb everest if you ask them. This doesn't make them a good player. So try not to confuse the issue at hand lads. I have also said that i hope young Vernon proves me wrong next season because Armagh will need all the quality they can get in the coming years.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

el_cuervo_fc

Pearse Ogs v Tir Na Nog championship match has been changed to Saturday 6th September

Uladh

what's going on with dromintee? surely the county men were back yesterday? corn?

corn02

Wasn't down Uladh, had to work. Yeah big team out but still missing 5 championship starters. We were terrible seemingly. 2 up in second half and then they got two goals - once agin I believe Killeavy werew very mouthy.

There second half to the season has been excellent and has included at least wins against us x 2 andover Mullaghbawn.

illdecide

Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on August 18, 2008, 09:27:37 AM
Pearse Ogs v Tir Na Nog championship match has been changed to Saturday 6th September

Is there a reason for this EL Cuervo???
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

nashville

Heard this is because Ogs complained to County board that Andy Mallon was injured playing for Armagh and that it wasn't fair that Ogs should have to play championship without him..

bubbles

this is absolute rubbish. andy will be out for the rest of the season so unless the championship gets held back until november - december no chance.

Cuhullians hurling have their championship match that sunday and the county board in all there wisdom schedulled the matchs for the same day. total muppets. think ogs have about 5 players involved in the hurling. hurling date was fixed in march and so footy had to move

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: nashville on August 18, 2008, 11:35:08 AM

Heard this is because Ogs complained to County board that Andy Mallon was injured playing for Armagh and that it wasn't fair that Ogs should have to play championship without him..

[Mod 3]How would anybody come up with such crap??

Illdecide, as bubbles said, it's because there are 5 dual players for the ogs and cuchullians, and the county board had fixed their championship matches for the same day.

Louis the Red

The Harps would have 3 dual players too.  Hardly fair on them playing on the Sat evening and again on the Sunday!!!

BenDover

Quote from: Louis the Red on August 18, 2008, 01:14:15 PM
The Harps would have 3 dual players too.  Hardly fair on them playing on the Sat evening and again on the Sunday!!!

Who would the three be? of all the hurlers Joe Q would be the only one to start for the Harps, Decy Coulter doesn't play senior AFAIK neither does Clif

nashville

Decky Coulter does play senior football for the harps, he played the last 3 league games before he went to America, and I hear he is home and will be featuring for the Harps however far they get in the championship.