Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maddog

Quote from: SlimShady on January 22, 2007, 12:27:47 PM
i don't have a betfair account. what are the bookies offering? I'm very VERY confident Armagh won't win Sam.

Gimme 10/1 and i'll have a score with ye

laughinpaddy

Quote from: winsamsoon on January 22, 2007, 12:19:23 PM
Here lads does anyone know when the draws for the 2007 championship are ?
from what Ive been told the draw will take place this week either tonight or wedensday night. as will the league fixtures.
I ain't gettin on no plane!

SlimShady

what are the bookies offering? for the 2nd time.

the way i see it is, Armagh are a done team- finished, you can put Ronan Clarke in that bracket too- too much too soon and his best days are sadly behind him. As for the rest, we apart from Aaron Kernan (the best defender in Ireland apparently  :D ;D) there is nobody there for other mediocre teams to fear.

McEntees-done
Oisin-done
Francie-he's still Francie but, done
McGeeney-well done
McNulty-done
O'Rourke-done

armaghniac

QuoteI'm very VERY confident Armagh won't win Sam.

Armagh's chances of winning Sam as about the same as Antrim's chances of winning an Ulster championship game. Could be better I suppose. 
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Armamike

A few points from yesterday's match. A solid, if unspectacular Armagh performance.  Well organised and sound at the back, strong around midfield (during the first half in particular) but lightweight in the full forward line, with McDonnell the only real threat here.  As mentioned, the two Granemore lads did well, particularly McClelland. The Harps lads likewise. Paedar Toal covered a lot of ground, scoring a couple of nice points.  JP Donnelly put the recent transfer speculation behind him with a good performance from the back, roving forward quite a lot.  Swift did quite well in patches.  McKinney continues to be a very assuring presence in goals.  The forward division is going to be a big worry for us this year.  If Toal keeps putting in the effort he'll be in with a shout, but we need more in the full forward line. Kevin O'Rourke looks a lively player, but as someone else has said here, he lacks an end product at the minute. We have to plan to be without Clarke and Mallon (if either or both come back it will be a bonus) and look at the options up front.

As a footnote, Armagh seem to keep producing big lads from underage level who aren't the quickest, whereas the opposite is the case in Tyrone! Bit of a generalisation i suppose , but it struck me again yesterday. 
That's just, like your opinion man.

Orior

Quote from: SlimShady on January 22, 2007, 12:42:50 PM

the way i see it is, Armagh are a done team- finished, you can put Ronan Clarke in that bracket too- too much too soon and his best days are sadly behind him. As for the rest, we apart from Aaron Kernan (the best defender in Ireland apparently  :D ;D) there is nobody there for other mediocre teams to fear.

McEntees-done
Oisin-done
McGeeney-well done
McNulty-done
O'Rourke-done

LOL. Slim, our 7 "done"s would play your 15 undercooked of the park!
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

SlimShady

but sure we're only Antrim!

At least I can say, I've always supported them no matter how shit things were which is more than the Armaw contingent can say.

Reminds me of a soccer chant...

Where were you when you were shit?

;D

armaghniac

QuoteWhere were you when you were shit?

it being about 32 years since Armagh were as shit as Antrim, many of the Armagh posters on this board were not in a position to attend Armagh games at that stage, and some had not yet come in existence! 
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

SlimShady

''it being about 32 years since Armagh were as shit as Antrim''

:D ;D

i'll give you this, you might not be very likeable people and may have less manners and social etiquette than your average shithouse rat but you are always good for a giggle!!

maddog

Quote from: SlimShady on January 22, 2007, 12:42:50 PM

McEntees-done
Oisin-done
McGeeney-well done
McNulty-done
O'Rourke-done

15/2 with paddypower Slim. I'm sure you can stretch to 10/1 being so confident and all that.

High Catch

Slim, you have definetly got to be the most irritating **** on this board.  Always looking a fight. ::)

SlimShady

thanks High Catch, one aims to please. The truth hurts lads, it doesnt make for pretty reading and it wont be long until the Armagh Supporters club is back to having its monthly meetings in Tony Fearons Ford Cortina.

maddog

Quote from: SlimShady on January 22, 2007, 02:53:50 PM
thanks High Catch, one aims to please. The truth hurts lads, it doesnt make for pretty reading and it wont be long until the Armagh Supporters club is back to having its monthly meetings in Tony Fearons Ford Cortina.

Do i hear 10/1 slim?

SlimShady

its all about the queens head to you MD isnt it? if its not the horses its the football, maybe you have a problem... Greed is a terrible thing, is that why you moved to England? The money?

maddog

Quote from: SlimShady on January 22, 2007, 03:07:12 PM
its all about the queens head to you MD isnt it? if its not the horses its the football, maybe you have a problem... Greed is a terrible thing, is that why you moved to England? The money?

No i moved here for the weather.
Not so sure of yourself after all eh.