Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: bennydorano on August 11, 2008, 11:46:50 AM
Harps v Cruppen

I also see we are down to play ogs away this weekend in the league, should be interesting, especially if Holmes as well as Vernon, Nippy & Toal are available.

nippy was playing the last day.  should be an interesting match surely, clarke will be a welcome addition to us as well. lol

full back

Senior Football Championship – 1st Round
Pearse Og v Tir na nÓg
Clann Eireann v St Michael's
Ballymacnab v Mullaghbawn 
Carrickcruppen v Harps 
Killeavey v Maghery
Granemore v Whitecross
Crossmaglen v Dromintee

Clans a bye?
I would say the games might be played at the same venues & times as per the original fixtures except 1 week later

corn02

Hard to see Dromintee defeating Cross, but who knows?

nashville

Predictions:

Pearse Og v Tir na nÓg - Hard to see Ogs getting beat, although Porty have had a good year. Ogs by 5
Clann Eireann v St Michael's  - Would fancy Newtown here, potential banana skin though, Newtown come through by 2
Ballymacnab v Mullaghbawn  - Mullaghbawn to win this one comfortably, possibly with a few goals to spare
Carrickcruppen v Harps  - Maybe wishful thinking, but with a full team i'll tip Harps to win by the minimum
Killeavey v Maghery - Killeavey have put together a reasonable run after a brutal start, with Stanfield and Stevie back, hard to see them stopped by Maghery... but have a sneaking suspicion Maghery will win by 3
Granemore v Whitecross - Two teams that I don't know much about, I'll take Granemore by 4
Crossmaglen v Dromintee - As nice as it would be for Dromintee to win, i'll take Cross by 10

For a bit of craic, Predict the Q-Final draw...

Mullaghbawn vs. Crossmaglen
Granemore vs. Harps
Maghery vs. Clan na Gael
Ogs vs. Newtown

Semi-finals...

Crossmaglen vs. Harps
Clan na Gael vs. Ogs.

Final

Crossmaglen vs. Ogs.

County Champions - Ogs..... surrrrrrrreee... Crossmaglen in the final by 6

gaapunter

Quote from: nashville on August 11, 2008, 01:28:36 PM
Predictions:

Pearse Og v Tir na nÓg - Hard to see Ogs getting beat, although Porty have had a good year. Ogs by 5
Clann Eireann v St Michael's  - Would fancy Newtown here, potential banana skin though, Newtown come through by 2
Ballymacnab v Mullaghbawn  - Mullaghbawn to win this one comfortably, possibly with a few goals to spare
Carrickcruppen v Harps  - Maybe wishful thinking, but with a full team i'll tip Harps to win by the minimum
Killeavey v Maghery - Killeavey have put together a reasonable run after a brutal start, with Stanfield and Stevie back, hard to see them stopped by Maghery... but have a sneaking suspicion Maghery will win by 3
Granemore v Whitecross - Two teams that I don't know much about, I'll take Granemore by 4
Crossmaglen v Dromintee - As nice as it would be for Dromintee to win, i'll take Cross by 10

For a bit of craic, Predict the Q-Final draw...

Mullaghbawn vs. Crossmaglen
Granemore vs. Harps
Maghery vs. Clan na Gael
Ogs vs. Newtown

Semi-finals...

Crossmaglen vs. Harps
Clan na Gael vs. Ogs.

Final

Crossmaglen vs. Ogs.

County Champions - Ogs..... surrrrrrrreee... Crossmaglen in the final by 6

You must have little too do- you must be a simple servant :- :P :P

bennydorano

Pearse Og v Tir na nÓg – Hard to see anything other than an Ogs win, if the Ogs had a good MF they would be in with a genuine shout of beating Cross, but they are poor in that sector.
Clann Eireann v St Michael's – Haven't watched either team this year but I'd expect Newtown to win by 3 or 4.
Ballymacnab v Mullaghbawn  - Mullaghbawn are very beatable, don't know how good the 'Nab are but they'll fancy their chances. 'Bawn by 2
Carrickcruppen v Harps - Harps could win easy or be beaten, hard to know what way it'll go, but I fancy us. Hopefully the Dubs will do us a favour and knock Tyrone out meaning we'd have Holmes available.
Killeavey v Maghery – Killeavey have to be one of the form teams and should beat a rudderless Maghery fairly handily.
Granemore v Whitecross – Haven't watched either team but Granemore are definitely a club going places with great youth teams this past 5 or 6 years. Granemore by 2.
Crossmaglen v Dromintee – Hard to see Dromintee having the fight after so many sickners, but we all live in hope of change (except Cross wans obviously).

Clans a bye – Hopefully the clans will get beat.

illdecide

Quote from: full back on August 11, 2008, 12:08:48 PM
Pearse Og v Tir na nÓg
Clann Eireann v St Michael's
Ballymacnab v Mullaghbawn 
Carrickcruppen v Harps 
Killeavey v Maghery
Granemore v Whitecross
Crossmaglen v Dromintee

Clans a bye?
I would say the games might be played at the same venues & times as per the original fixtures except 1 week later

Full back why have a question mark beside the clans. Is it because you're not sure if they got a bye or not or are you questioning them getting a bye in the first place ???

Very good Benny you're a legend "hope the clans are beat". We'll remember that later in the year (thats if you lot get past the first round) if we meet. Enjoy the second division next year bud ;)

I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

full back

Why are you so paranoid illdecide ;)

Wasnt sure if Clans were the only team to get a bye, thought there was 2 teams that got a bye last year (Clans & Nab)  ???

nashville

Aw come on illdecide, its not that long ago Clans were in Div. 2, jaysis man...

Have you any predictions for the championship? Honest ones, not laced with a dislike for the Harps..

bennydorano

illdecide

Quote from: nashville on August 11, 2008, 02:31:57 PM
Aw come on illdecide, its not that long ago Clans were in Div. 2, jaysis man...

Have you any predictions for the championship? Honest ones, not laced with a dislike for the Harps..

TBH i don't hate any team. When I'm playing against them (any team) i hate them all but after the final whistle i go back to my pleasant self. I honestly couldn't care less who gets relegated as long as it's not the Clans. As for Div 2 i know how easy it is to end up there (got the t-shirt) and if we don't get young players thru quick and soon we'll end up there too (again).

As for you Benny i don't know if you're having a laugh or being serious so I'll give you the benefit and say "are you hard of hearing sucka"

illdecide

Pearse Og v Tir na nÓg - Ogs by 3
Clann Eireann v St Michael's  - Draw
Ballymacnab v Mullaghbawn  - Mullaghbawn by 2
Carrickcruppen v Harps  - Harps by 2
Killeavey v Maghery - Killeavey by 4
Granemore v Whitecross - Granemore by 3
Crossmaglen v Dromintee - Cross by 4

Thats as sensible as i can get it lads. There are a few hard ones there. If that E Quinn is still in Austrailia for the Bawn Nab will be in with a shout

naka

looking at div 2, its looking like sarsfields/tir na nog
who do the portadown men play in their last 5 games
who do cruppen play also

diesel-smuggler

naka not sure who tir na nog's game in hand is against but their last four games are
clann eireann at home, silverbridge away, granemore away and whitecross at home!

cruppen last four against keady away, granemore away, wolfe tones at home and an port mor at home!

diesel-smuggler

the senior championships

clann eireann to beat newtown
pearse ogs and tir na nog to draw with pearse ogs winning replay
mullaghbawn to beat ballymacnab
cruppen to beat harps
killeavey to beat maghery
whitecross have done it when they wanted to this year in the league and i think will beat granemore
crossmaglen to beat dromintee by a couple of points!