Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlie stubbs

tirnanog beat tones by 3.ref was terrible 4 both teams not sure who he was but any contact resulted in a free in!

Armagh Exile

Was the referee Gerald Devlin from Armagh City by any chance?
He is one of our better referees.

el_cuervo_fc

Championship in two weeks then lads

BRIDGE LAD

altovito

w**ker

crupen beat newtown lst night
kdy on a roll now aftr beatin c eireann,they wil stay up.portmor an wcross playin 2moro,both will go dwn now

sean og

Seanie isn't a referee i couldnt hacket refs do make
mistakes but so also do players managers and club officials
but not many of them get personnal abuse.
Was at the match yesterday and to many players played way
below form but i will not personnally abuse them.

crossfire

Culloville didnt turn up for their game against Cross today.
Apparently they texted our secretary 30  minutes before throw in time .

Eamon Nugent the referee from Maghery was already there.
Hardly good enough.

PatDaly

Dromintee beat Clan na Gael today 1-11 to 1-10. Dromintee's place in division 1 is now secure. Marsden played some game for Clans.

Real1995

Normally when Armagh are beat in the chmapionship and our summer comes to an end it days me days to get over it but yesterday for some reason, it was different.  My disapointment was soon replaced with relief, especailly after watching the second game at croker yesterday.  We simply would not have got close to kerry on their curernt form. I am never one to critise the armagh team but lads we were realistically no where near an All-ireland this year.  When you compare this team to the 02 team we simply had not the players yesterday, not good enough. 

Our style of play has to change, we have too many men behind the ball, the sweeper sytem is very negative and the one key area which i felt needed to change last year still remains the same - our half forward line.  You cant not have MOR and vernon both on the half forward line.  At the moment the armagh brand of football is ugle to watch for the neutral and for ourselves it is nerve wreckin to watch because when we get a lead, we dont put teams away, but instead defend it.

Now i am not saying that i have the answers to all our problems but i feel it is not all doom and gloom.  there are still a good nucleus of players in the squad with some good young players coming through who will now have to get there chance.  After yesterday you would expect number of retirements most notably Bellew, McGrane, McNulty, Aidan O'R (who had a excellent year by the way) and McConnvile.  These men have gave so much to this team over the years and should be congratulated on this, but maybe the time now has come for them to move on and new lads to come in.

It is back to the drawing boar for peter and his backroom team and they have a ot of things to look at.  They delivered us an Ulster title this year which was unexpected but we all know expectations are now much greater within the county.  For next year i feel there are a couple of things that need to be changed...

1 Most importantly our style of play - no more sweeper system (man to man)
2. Introducing Donaghy at full back
3.New centre half back, maybe vernon?or McKeever moving in
4. Midfield partner for Toner.
5. New half forward line with the exception of MOR.
6.New corner forward.
Nice guys always finish second!

el_cuervo_fc

Pearse Ogs beat Maghery 1-12 to 0-14

back off the net

why did ciaran mc keever not go full back yeasterday.WHAT A JOKE

winsamsoon

Clans gameagain and the ref gave some dodgy decisions for both teams i think somtimes they have to use common sense. He booked Marsden for falling and he sent off the Dromintee full back for nothing much. Incredible again but sure we are well use to it.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: winsamsoon on August 10, 2008, 05:39:43 PM
Clans gameagain and the ref gave some dodgy decisions for both teams i think somtimes they have to use common sense. He booked Marsden for falling and he sent off the Dromintee full back for nothing much. Incredible again but sure we are well use to it.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

winsamsoon

I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

pintsofguinness

Is there ever a game Clans play in that the ref isn't out to get them?

Have to say winsam, you must be the only person who has ever come in contact with me and thinks I should offer my opinion more.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?