Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

illdecide

Quote from: pintsofguinness on July 29, 2008, 11:27:11 PM
Rufus, is there anyway you could make the Harps thread in to the Clans thread and they could all stay over there and we'll carry on here?
(Not that I can speak anything because I don't live in the country anymore)

Hi pints you should take another 2 of those F**k off tablets you took a few weeks back.

P.S. give that tube of a ref (R Quigley) a couple from the bridge as well ;)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Hank Everlast

Andy will be a huge loss... it was clear he had done serious damage from the minute he went down... he'll be back for the all ireland final!!!

illdecide

Quote from: Hank Everlast on July 30, 2008, 09:28:21 AM
Andy will be a huge loss... it was clear he had done serious damage from the minute he went down... he'll be back for the all ireland final!!!

Big big loss, he is our quickest defender who usually snuffs out the most dangerous attacker on the opposing team. Hope he's not out to long

bubbles

big loss for the ogs as well.

Any predictions on this weekends games?

corn02

Quote from: winsamsoon on July 29, 2008, 04:40:44 PM
lets look at the facts if the clans had met the Cross in the championship for the last ten yeas in a row at any stage and failed to register one win coupled with the fact that Dromintee have never won anything ( i most certainly would be embarassed and would tend to lie a little lower).

What an idiotic statement, so why have the clans not met Cross for the last ten years in a row? By the way we have met them seven times ina row not 10.

corn02

Quote from: IVEDECIDED on July 29, 2008, 06:05:17 PM

Having said that I always found it hard to understand why clubs like Dromintee turn their nose up at the league title. How many senior trophies has your club won over the past 100 years, league or otherwise? Not too many I would imagine. Now it wasnt too long ago that yous were in the very lower divisions in Armagh football. Back then surely it would have been seen as an achievement for your senior team even to play in division 1. Now all of a sudden yous are above actually winning it! >:( Where exactly do yous get this arrogance from? Are yous secretly winning countless titles in other counties? A title is a title and your club cannot boast too many of them im afraid, so wise up! ;)

I think this is even worse than Wins points.

The fact that we have been involved in releagtion fights in the last few years would not suggest we are turning our noses up, more we have not played well in the league. We were delighted to win the league and Dromintee would love to win the league every year. We appreciate our top -flight status, we are the only side in Armagh to never be relegated and we worked our way up from the lower divisions, getting promoted twice in two years.

The reason we struggle is because we live in a small parish with a small pick. Take away the  county contingent and we are a lot weaker.

Of course you mention that you have won x number of times over the last few years, I don't remeber to be honest. I remeber Cross winning this year, us a few years ago and Cullyhanna the year before. The only thing I rememvber about Clanns and the league is that you got relegated recently. Not being rude, just honest. You can win all the lkeagues you want and so can we, but until a team beats Cross it doesn't matter one bit.

Albi

Thanks Rufus...i was beginning to realise having flicked through a page or 2!!

Heres to beating the ogs on sunday! (hopefully  :-\)

full back

Quote from: corn02 on July 30, 2008, 01:01:10 PM
You can win all the lkeagues you want and so can we, but until a team beats Cross it doesn't matter one bit.

Case closed

IVEDECIDED

Of course you mention that you have won x number of times over the last few years, I don't remeber to be honest. I remeber Cross winning this year, us a few years ago and Cullyhanna the year before. The only thing I rememvber about Clanns and the league is that you got relegated recently. Not being rude, just honest. You can win all the lkeagues you want and so can we, but until a team beats Cross it doesn't matter one bit.
[/quote]

This just sums you up as a person son! The Clans won the league 2 years ago as easy as Cross have won it this year. The year before they won division 2 with a record no. of points. (No Big Deal) They also won 4 or 5 leagues in a row around the 2002 mark - yet all you can remember is the year they got relegated! ;D ;D. Shows how much of a bullshitter you are lad.

Also what you said at they end is exactly what I said in my argument. League titles were not supposed to be any sort of substitution for Cross' dominance in the championship, it isnt even a great consolation. The point of it was to show that outside of the Cross the Clans are the most decorated team of recent times. FACT. This includes your club and before you start mentioning beaten finalists or any of that shite save it. Reaching a final does not get you a medal. Wining an 18 game league competition does!

IVEDECIDED

Quote from: full back on July 30, 2008, 01:49:40 PM
You can win all the lkeagues you want and so can we, but until a team beats Cross it doesn't matter one bit.

Case closed

P.S son, ill decide when the case gets closed!

corn02

Quote from: IVEDECIDED on July 30, 2008, 03:02:06 PM

. Shows how much of a bullshitter you are lad.

[/quote]

LikeI said not bullshitting, just being honest. I am also being honest in saying that I would not even be 100percent on the year we won it.

Als oyou pointed out that Dromintee used to be in the lower division and now they are wrong because they don't go full throtle for the league (which is a lie by the way). May I ask you does it bother you that Armagh do the same?

IVEDECIDED

No lad it doesnt as I said in my initial point I was not campaigning for the importance of the league. Plus the national league is used more and more as trial matches by the bigger counties, this is less so in club football. I would be of the opinion that you cant really compare the two, however I take your point.
I also believe your point about not remembering the year Dromintee won it. I work with Clans ones and I remember having to inform them on a Monday that their team had won the league the previous day. Even this was treated with distain and a who cares attitude. I know for a fact that they would swap all 8 leagues for one championship without thinking twice.
My point is this however, my club certainly wouldnt need reminded about winning league titles or any other kind cause no matter what the competion, if we were in with a shout of winning it the whole club would be in a frenzy for weeks. This tells you how often we win things. The same is for the rest of Armagh unfortunately, whether you agree or not. Outside of Cross and Clans and maybe another, trophies are at an absolute premium with many clubs going decades without any silverware. Thats the exact reason why I cant understand people undermining the winning of a league title!  ??? ??? As ive said this is 1 of only 2 available trophies each year!! 

illdecide

Quote from: IVEDECIDED on July 30, 2008, 03:04:11 PM
Quote from: full back on July 30, 2008, 01:49:40 PM

Case closed

P.S son, ill decide when the case gets closed!

I do the deciding around here saan not you. What is you're club? you're not a clans man yet you know everything about them and their history. Prob Hairy Og or St Peters :D

IVEDECIDED

[I do the deciding around here saan not you. What is you're club? you're not a clans man yet you know everything about them and their history. Prob Hairy Og or St Peters :D
[/quote]

My club is my business. I have more fun people not knowing it means I can be impartial when needs be. I know alot about the Clans cause my two best friends are Clans ones, I also work with some of your lot and I followed them in the 80's and early 90's. Does this satisfy you son?

crossfire