Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billy the kid

Quote from: corn02 on July 29, 2008, 04:27:06 PM
I think your being genuine here but Dromintee have won zero so our last will be our first.

Yes I was being genuine.  But have to say im shocked Dromintee have never won a Championship.

Do any of you guys think this could be the year to unseat cross or is the league table a fair reflection of where they are compared to other teams?  With the final set to be staged at the athletic grounds surely this is bound to help
If it moves hit it
If it doesnt hit it anyway!!

winsamsoon

Corn i think it is you that is embarassing yourself lad. You are speaking like you have a winning list the length of a baby's arm. You even had to question whether or not Billy the kid was serious and not sarcastic asking you that last question  :D. This is because you know yourself that coming second doesn't matter. It doesn't matter about semi finals or finals you still haven't won aything. I notice the way you didn't retract your statement about doubting if there were any of the current squad that had won a championship :D :D you are very selective. You then realising that you haven't a leg to stand on begin to go down the route of personal attacks. lets look at the facts if the clans had met the Cross in the championship for the last ten yeas in a row at any stage and failed to register one win coupled with the fact that Dromintee have never won anything ( i most certainly would be embarassed and would tend to lie a little lower). I don't think most teams in the county would be spouting as loudly. The harps have equally as  good a tradition as the clans and they are not even spouting as loudly as You. Maybe this year will be your year and then you can at least claim to be the biggest challengers but until then go easy with the confidence.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

winsamsoon

Quote from: corn02 on July 29, 2008, 04:33:13 PM
That is 14 years ago. A successful team in the past but at the moment they are as successful as Dromintee.

Finally the penny has dropped

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: billy the kid on July 29, 2008, 04:37:43 PM
Quote from: corn02 on July 29, 2008, 04:27:06 PM
I think your being genuine here but Dromintee have won zero so our last will be our first.

Yes I was being genuine.  But have to say im shocked Dromintee have never won a Championship.

Do any of you guys think this could be the year to unseat cross or is the league table a fair reflection of where they are compared to other teams?  With the final set to be staged at the athletic grounds surely this is bound to help

I don't think the field will have a major bearing on it to be honest.  We won 7 or 8 in fields other than Cross, including at least 5 in the Athletic Grounds.  If anything, it can be a hindrance to play in Cross as people expect you to win handy, and it never is easy.

I think if anyone is to beat us this year they will have to hope that Cross have a bad day and they have a great day.  This may seem arrogant but lets face it all things being equal Cross are the best.  If they are beaten by say Dromintee then fair play to them, but that doesn't mean a pile of piss as I reckon they would come back next year and win it back.  But I really cannot see that happening.

IVEDECIDED

Quote from: corn02 on July 29, 2008, 04:33:13 PM
That is 14 years ago. A successful team in the past but at the moment they are as successful as Dromintee.

I beg to differ young man. In the past 14 years Clan na Gael have won 8 division 1 league titles. Dromintee have won 1 I think. Now before everyone starts going nuts about the value of the league, I agree with you all and I know for a fact its seen as meaningless in Davit park. However this doesnt get away from the fact that outside of Cross the Clans are the most decorated team of the past 14 years. There are 2 trophies for grabs every year, Cross have had the main one tied up so that only leaves on more and the Clans have been most successful in this competition, which if nothing else shows a level of consistency.

Having said that I always found it hard to understand why clubs like Dromintee turn their nose up at the league title. How many senior trophies has your club won over the past 100 years, league or otherwise? Not too many I would imagine. Now it wasnt too long ago that yous were in the very lower divisions in Armagh football. Back then surely it would have been seen as an achievement for your senior team even to play in division 1. Now all of a sudden yous are above actually winning it! >:( Where exactly do yous get this arrogance from? Are yous secretly winning countless titles in other counties? A title is a title and your club cannot boast too many of them im afraid, so wise up! ;)

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Albi on July 29, 2008, 02:16:52 PM
In fairness lads there was a good discussion on here about a lot of club losin players and whether it was a city thing or whether drink was to blame... just giving an example of how extreme it had got for us

Local GAA discussion anyone?

Yes, and much better than listening to who done what on clans this week  ::)

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Orior

Quote from: billy the kid on July 29, 2008, 04:24:15 PM
How many championships have dromintee won and when was the last?  How many championships have clanns won and when was the last?

I was still playing when Dromintee re-entered the league.

Any news on Andy Mallon's injury?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

nutsy--1

RE: ALBI

Kevin Smyth - transfer to Mullabrack, lack of football
Kyle McGuigan - Went to work in Australia, only back recently
Bambi McCourt- Went to work in Australia, only back recently
Jonny Killen- Went to work in Australia, only back recently
Fergus McAleavey - Still played until 6 weeks into this season, work commitments
Bryan Killen - header
Sean Hughes - transfer to Nab, lack of football
Stephen Rush - header
Bobby McVeigh - header
John Darragh - Still supports the club but no longer on field
Ryan Donnelly - tranferred to Tullysaran, where now???
Jonny Daly - played B football until end of last year
Eoin Rafferty - back to Grange under the rules of his initial transfer
Paul Hagan - B player
Shane McVeigh - not playing
Declan Coulter - County Hurler, Club hurler, cannot commit to both but occasionally plays B football
Ciaran Clifford - County Hurler, Club hurler, cannot commit to both but occasionally plays B football

Just for your info

winsamsoon

pints no one metioned the clans you dick we were talking about Dromintee. Go back and read the posts correctly and you will see that the debate had nothing to do with the clans and it was infact corn making outrageous claims about dromintee.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: winsamsoon on July 29, 2008, 10:36:20 PM
pints no one metioned the clans you dick we were talking about Dromintee. Go back and read the posts correctly and you will see that the debate had nothing to do with the clans and it was infact corn making outrageous claims about dromintee.
I wasn't talking about your discussion with corn.

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: Orior on July 29, 2008, 09:41:07 PM

Any news on Andy Mallon's injury?

Andy has a broken arm and needs plates put in.  he'll miss the rest of the year unfortunately. 

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: Albi on July 29, 2008, 11:08:00 AM
First time poster - long time reader...!

Going back to the harps, was looking at the minor photo the year they won Ulster:

Kevin Smyth
Kyle McGuigan
Bambi McCourt
Jonny Killen
Fergus McAleavey
Bryan Killen
Sean Hughes
Stephen Rush
Bobby McVeigh
John Darragh
Ryan Donnelly
Jonny Daly
Eoin Rafferty
Paul Hagan
Shane McVeigh
Declan Coulter
Ciaran Clifford

17 Players.... 7 county minors - ALL GONE. I knew it was bad, but didnt realise just how!

Albi - welcome aboard Kid! Always room for another Harps poster. Spot on to with your first post, and in the appropriate thread too!!

Don't worry about some of the fools around here - some seem to feel that if they type many words they are saying something worthwhile. The reality is that they are full of it! A cursory glance of the latest pages of this thread will point you in the right direction. Safer ignored!   ;)

pintsofguinness

Rufus, is there anyway you could make the Harps thread in to the Clans thread and they could all stay over there and we'll carry on here?
(Not that I can speak anything because I don't live in the country anymore)

doire na raithe

I agree that second place is not something worth fighting for or bragging about but...

Quote from: winsamsoon on July 29, 2008, 04:28:22 PM
Gareth mc caugherty, Diarmuid marsden, Barry O' hagan, Steven Lavery, John Campbell, and possibly Paul O' hagan and phillip Oldham all played the last time the Clans won the championship and they are still on the panel. Corn you see you keep bringing up this point of coming second and i keep telling you the same thing, it means nothing what so ever. Success is judged by trophies of which your club has maye 1 division 1 league title in it's entire existance. Our roll of honour is there to be seen and even in our baron years we have won 5 division 1 league titles. Also please refrain from begging BC to back you up. BC is wise enough to read the posts and then decide where he stands. So please don't give me challenging for championships as the basis for your confidence . Every team in the championship challenges. Who is to say that if the ogs meet Cross as many times as Dromintee did i the last te  years then they could have upset the Cross. The same goes for any club. The flip side to your argument is the fact that Dromintee have played the Cross more times than any other club in the last 10 years in the championship and have failed to register a single victory. In my opinion if we would have played them every year for 10 years we possibly could have registered one victory and we certainly could have got within two points of them which is all you have achieved. I would also say that the ogs could have possibly registered a victory and perhaps mullaghbawn. But this is all speculation, what is fact is that Dromintee have meet Cross for ten years i the championship and lost out on every occassion.

That is the stupidest argument I ever heard! Just as Dromintee havent been able to beat Cross in 9 years, nor has any other team in the entire senior championship been able to beat dromintee in 9 years!!! Including clans!

el_cuervo_fc

Taken from Irish News

Mallon set for surgery

ARMAGH defender Andy Mallon will today undergo

surgery on a broken arm which looks set to rule him out of his county's Championship campaign.

Manager Peter McDonnell yesterday confirmed that the Pearse Og man will have a metal plate inserted into his arm having sustained the injury during

Armagh's Ulster final replay victory over Fermanagh on Sunday.

"There are players who really revel in the role of man-marking and Andy Mallon is top of the list as far as we're concerned. He will be a huge loss," said McDonnell.