Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corn02

We have Killeavy home and away and Ogs away. I would fancy us to get at least two from that, which should guarantee we stay up.

gaapunter

Quote from: mhacadoir on July 24, 2008, 10:43:05 AM
lads who is managing Clan na nGael this year?

Mhacadoir

Barry O'Hagan & Dairmaid Marsden with Brian lennon and Trevor boyd on the sideline

corn02

Is anyone else quite intimidated by Paul McCormack on the top banner on the official Armagh site.

open her out

Quote from: thebandit on July 24, 2008, 10:26:50 AM
Are Culloville playing in the championship tonight in Cruppen?

yes think its at 7:30

Culloville keeper has been suspended for 4 months for the incident in last weeks game against mullaghbawn. i know a mans leg was broke but from what i hear from both cullovill an mullaghbawn people it was a challenge you would see in most games.

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: bubbles on July 24, 2008, 12:34:08 PM
will someone please put up the updated tables? that would leave dromintee on 13 points now with 4 games left, harps on 10 points with 3 games left, killeavy with i think 14 points. it is still mathematically possible that any team apart from cross can go down. it will be interesting to see what happens to cullyhanna apart from the ogs getting the points which is a certainty they could be hit with a points deduction

I think the tables should read like this.  I've left off the Ogs match from last week, but i think killevey moved up to 12 points after their win

Crossmaglen 14 13 2 0 28
Culloville 14 8 1 5 17
Clan na Gael 14 6 3 5 15
St Patrick's 14 7 1 6 15
Pearse Og 12 7 2 4 14
Dromintee 14 6 1 7 13
Mullaghbawn 15 5 2 8 12
Killeavey 14 6 0 8 12
Harps 15 4 2 9 10
Maghery 14 2 2 10 6

gaapunter

Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on July 24, 2008, 01:23:59 PM
will someone please put up the updated tables? that would leave dromintee on 13 points now with 4 games left, harps on 10 points with 3 games left, killeavy with i think 14 points. it is still mathematically possible that any team apart from cross can go down. it will be interesting to see what happens to cullyhanna apart from the ogs getting the points which is a certainty they could be hit with a points deduction

I think the tables should read like this.  I've left off the Ogs match from last week, but i think killevey moved up to 12 points after their win

Crossmaglen 14 13 2 0 28
Culloville 14 8 1 5 17
Clan na Gael 14 6 3 5 15
St Patrick's 14 7 1 6 15
Pearse Og 12 7 2 4 14
Dromintee 14 6 1 7 13
Mullaghbawn 15 5 2 8 12
Killeavey 14 6 0 8 12
Harps 15 4 2 9 10
Maghery 14 2 2 10 6

Think its Maghery and the harps going down - as the harps have played 15 games

Hank Everlast

The ogs will definetly have a big say in who goes down or not with their remaining fixtures!! I wonder would they have any preferences!

illdecide

Quote from: Hank Everlast on July 24, 2008, 01:51:37 PM
The ogs will definetly have a big say in who goes down or not with their remaining fixtures!! I wonder would they have any preferences!

Of course they would. The year we got relegated they came to Lurgan one Friday night with their championship team including all county men and gave us an awful hiding then 2 days later on the sunday they played a team beside us at the bottom of the league with their B team out, there was no sign of county men that day yet 2 days before hand they had their strongest team out so of course they have a preference ;)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Uladh

I've said it before - you can only look in the mirror when you're relegated. strong and weak teams, good and bad refs all even themselves out over the 18 games. the only mitigating factor i can see is the non availability of county players. for that reason i'd favour a play off system to give teams a fair rattle at staying up with a full team.

thebandit

Quote from: open her out on July 24, 2008, 01:21:32 PM
Quote from: thebandit on July 24, 2008, 10:26:50 AM
Are Culloville playing in the championship tonight in Cruppen?

yes think its at 7:30

Culloville keeper has been suspended for 4 months for the incident in last weeks game against mullaghbawn. i know a mans leg was broke but from what i hear from both cullovill an mullaghbawn people it was a challenge you would see in most games.

I was at the game, it was innocuous enough, and just unfortunate that such an injury arose from it. Word is that Tony Watters is coming oout of retirement to fill the breach!!!

illdecide

Quote from: Uladh on July 24, 2008, 02:26:04 PM

I've said it before - you can only look in the mirror when you're relegated. strong and weak teams, good and bad refs all even themselves out over the 18 games. the only mitigating factor i can see is the non availability of county players. for that reason i'd favour a play off system to give teams a fair rattle at staying up with a full team.

Yes you're dead right what you say, 1 game does not relegate you it's how you perform over the season. But my point is if there are 2-3 teams facing relegation on equal points and a top team decides to play their strongest team against one of the bottom teams and then 2 days later decide to field their B team against the other team around the bottom well then what are they telling you???

and yes if you're good enough you won't have to rely on other teams doing you a favour but sometimes it doesn't turn out like that
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Uladh

I understand your argument ID and have heard it many times. i still believe you shouldn't be in a position to be harmed by other clubs if you're good enough.
ironically, the order that you play teams in can have a big bearing on where you find yoursef with 4 games to go.
the last 4 games could be games you'd normally win but in a position where you say need 6 out of 8 points, the handier ties get much tougher

gaapunter

Quote from: Uladh on July 24, 2008, 04:42:00 PM

I understand your argument ID and have heard it many times. i still believe you shouldn't be in a position to be harmed by other clubs if you're good enough.
ironically, the order that you play teams in can have a big bearing on where you find yoursef with 4 games to go.
the last 4 games could be games you'd normally win but in a position where you say need 6 out of 8 points, the handier ties get much tougher

the clans went down with 15 points that year a record Uladh -I think that speakes volumes

Uladh

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: gaapunter on July 24, 2008, 01:31:26 PM
Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on July 24, 2008, 01:23:59 PM

Crossmaglen 14 13 2 0 28
Culloville 14 8 1 5 17
Clan na Gael 14 6 3 5 15
St Patrick's 14 7 1 6 15
Pearse Og 12 7 2 4 14
Dromintee 14 6 1 7 13
Mullaghbawn 15 5 2 8 12
Killeavey 14 6 0 8 12
Harps 15 4 2 9 10
Maghery 14 2 2 10 6

Think its Maghery and the harps going down - as the harps have played 15 games

As have Mullaghbawn gapunter.

I still though think we are up against it alright. Traditionally 16 points leaves you safe, although you have a fighting chance with 14. I'm afraid that the point we 'dropped' at Culloville back in May is going to come back to haunt us!   :(