Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: derrykid on July 10, 2008, 12:04:52 AM
RUFUS THE ATHLETIC GROUNDS TAB IS BACK AND YOR PHOTOS HASVE BEEN MOVED TO THAT THREAD. DO U HAVE ANY PHOTS OF THE PART OF THE GROUND FROM WERE UR TOOK THE PHOTOS FROM (THAT SIDE WOULD BE WELCOME)

Not an awful lot to see on that side Shane to be honest. Just what you can see in the foreground!

rattle-the-net

Quote from: pintsofguinness on July 11, 2008, 10:17:49 PM
Cruppen beat the 'bridge by a point - heard the lads played shocking well with some key players missing and were robbed of a point at the end.  Pity.

well to be honest was at the game and the ref kept the bridge in it!!! They did have some good passages of play but have to admit, ref gave them a lot of easy frees in the scoring zone! 

cruppen badly needed that win to keep their promotion hopes alive, they have another tough one on sunday againest tir na nog!

pintsofguinness

Quote from: rattle-the-net on July 11, 2008, 11:52:13 PM
Cruppen beat the 'bridge by a point - heard the lads played shocking well with some key players missing and were robbed of a point at the end.  Pity.

well to be honest was at the game and the ref kept the bridge in it!!! They did have some good passages of play but have to admit, ref gave them a lot of easy frees in the scoring zone! 

cruppen badly needed that win to keep their promotion hopes alive, they have another tough one on sunday againest tir na nog!

Well that's what happens when you foul.  - I heard we got nothing of the ref.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Aghdavoyle

Quote from: Erwin Rommel on July 11, 2008, 09:38:12 PM
Quote from: Aghdavoyle on July 11, 2008, 12:29:52 PM

think we've to play harps (a), cullyhanna (h), Ogs (a), clans (h), and killeavy (h & a).

all games we'd normally expect points from.

I see so - with regard to the Harps, that expectation must be based on your historical record in the league when visiting Abbey Park - let me see, whats your record there in the league again.   ;)

School holidays time again. i simply meant that in normal circumstances we could have a good chance of points in all of those games - not that i'd expect to win each.

i think dromintee lost in abbey park last year and won the year before. harps were possibly in division 2 the year before that?

mousey

Quote from: pintsofguinness on July 11, 2008, 11:55:09 PM

as u weren't at the game pints why bother talkin about it .those who were at the game know what the referee was like and how the game went ::) :D

pintsofguinness

Quote from: mousey on July 12, 2008, 12:24:22 AM

as u weren't at the game pints why bother talkin about it .those who were at the game know what the referee was like and how the game went ::) :D

I can't be bothered anymore. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

umgolaarmagh

Quote from: Erwin Rommel on July 11, 2008, 09:38:12 PM
Quote from: Aghdavoyle on July 11, 2008, 12:29:52 PM

think we've to play harps (a), cullyhanna (h), Ogs (a), clans (h), and killeavy (h & a).

all games we'd normally expect points from.

I see so - with regard to the Harps, that expectation must be based on your historical record in the league when visiting Abbey Park - let me see, whats your record there in the league again.   ;)

SPOT THE GRADUATE

winsamsoon

It is funny when i see the Dromintee guys on here slabbering about the clans being arrogant. Have a read back over your own posts and you will see the arrogance.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

Uladh

You farly work hard to start arguments win, i'll give you that!

winsamsoon

nobody said it was easy but it always seems to be the village idiots that take the bait.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

rattle-the-net

well if you classify good tackling as fouling then you may think again!! there was one occasion were a cruppen man done the perfect near hand tackle ( that you would teach a youngster to do) and he was blown up for it because the bridge man went down to the ground for because he was of balance...and that happended on several occassios!! but the ref def did not give them nothing!!

downtown

Any results from 2day lads? Nab beat granemore 13 to 1.8

nutsy--1

armagh leg-end

Ard Mhacha Abu

TacadoirArdMhacha

St Pat's drew with Mullaghban. 1-9 to 0-12 or thereabouts. Mullaghban started much the stronger and opened an early lead but a lobbied goal from Barry McConville put Cullyhanna 1-1 to 0-3 ahead. Cullyhanna controlled the next period, picking off the next few scores. The tactic of playing centre half forward Paul Toner in front of the full back line was proving very successful in dealing with Mullaghban's attacks. Mullaghban came back into the match after Owen Casey was sent off for an off the ball incident. St Pat's led 1-4 to 0-6 at half time.

The second half was very even with both sides looking like they could take victory at various stages. I suppose by the end, a draw was probably the fair result. Mullaghban will probably be dissappointed they didn't make better use of the extra man. Best for Cullyhanna was probably Mal Mackin at midfield.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead