Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nutsy--1

I was at the under 21 final last night, good game and fair result im guessn that cruppen will win the replay you always new they were gona get the equaliser. Marty ferris is a county player?

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: winsamsoon on July 07, 2008, 05:30:44 PM
On the cross issue, You are pointing out that cross will win the league at a canter, which is correct. Then you say that they will only get stronger with the county players. However sometimes this can have an adverse effect. When players who have playeds all year are suddenly dropped to bring in the county guys, this can leave a little bad feeling about and create an all together stale atmosphere. You also haven't taken into account the fact that championship football is a different ball game altogether. Think back to the first cross all Ireland, the 1 poiny win over the sarsfields. Results like this this can never be explained and one of these days the cross will be caught by one of these. I think this year could be the year because the cross are coasting along at the moment but you know aswell as i do it only takes the slightest of issues to upset the apple cart.IMO opinion the county lads will come back and all won't settle the way it should. The wee things that have came of for cross over the years won't this year and the key decision may not g their way. so i say i predict a shock in this years championship  ;) ;) I guess only time will tell us.

There will be a time they get beatena dnit could well be this year, but not for the reasons you state.  Unless things have changed dramtically since I left there was never any issue about the count boys coming back.  It was always a fact of life for Cross players and it was accepted that they would come back into the team.  The only issue that ever arose was the alck of time together meant that they did not necessarily gel in playing terms due to lack of practice, but in fairness this generally came together eventually.  That is the area that i would see as being the main potential problem area for Cross because when they are put up man for man against any team, there is only one winner.

Rufus T Firefly

Can't seem to find the Athletc Grounds thread, so putting these up here - taken at tea time this evening.

Hank Everlast

ARMAGH CLUB FIXTURES FOR W/E SUNDAY 13 JULY 2008

Wednesday 9 July

ACL – Division One (8.00)
Crossmaglen v Dromintee (Barney Henry)

ACL – Division Three (8.00)
St Paul's v Tullysaran (Kevin McNeice)
St Peter's v Belleek (Stephen Murray)

Friday 11 July

ACL – Division One (8.00)
Killeavey v Pearse Og (Oliver Hearty)

ACL – Division Two (8.00)
Carrickcruppen v Silverbridge (Dessie McDonnell)
An Port Mor v Ballymacnab (Henry McCloy)

ACL – Division Three (8.00)
Collegeland v St Peter's (Kevin Murtagh)

Sunday 13 July

ACL – Division One (2.00)
Mullaghbawn v St Patrick's (Rory Robinson)
Harps v Culloville (Malachy McNicholl)
Maghery v Clan na Gael (Off)

ACL – Division Two (2.00)
Tir na nÓg v Carrickcruppen (Seamus O'Neill)
Sarsfields v St Michael's (Sean McClatchey)
Silverbridge v Wolfe Tone (Off)
Whitecross v Keady (Off)
Ballymacnab v Granemore (Vincent O'Neill)

ACL – Division Three (2.00)
Belleek v Madden (Tony O'Hare)
Clonmore v Annaghmore (Off)
Ballyhegan v Crossmaglen II (Eamon Nugent)
Lissummon v Grange (Jim Slevin)

ACL – Division Four (2.00)
Dorsey Emmett's v Derrynoose (Dessie McDonnell)
Eire Og v Clady (Off)
Forkhill v Mullaghbrack (Mickey Leonard)
Middletown v Corrinshego (Jimmy McKee)
O'Hanlon's v Shane O'Neill's (Henry McCloy)

Onion Bag

Quote from: nutsy--1 on July 07, 2008, 07:08:23 PM
I was at the under 21 final last night, good game and fair result im guessn that cruppen will win the replay you always new they were gona get the equaliser. Marty ferris is a county player?

Marty Ferris is Shite and should be no where near that county squad, it was like that other Donkey Paul Keenan last season, absolute shite
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

naka

marty ferris was excellent for cruppen in the u21 game, he reads the game very well and anyone who was at the  senior championship semi final last year against cross or the u21 semi final against cross will know that he has every right to be on the senior county panel

umgolaarmagh

Onion bag,

You werent long PILING on the abuse there  ;)

Onion Bag

Quote from: umgolaarmagh on July 08, 2008, 09:18:23 AM
Onion bag,

You werent long PILING on the abuse there  ;)

At the end of the day Umgola i am entitled to my opinion, Wasnt at the U21 game on sunday night but was talking to people who was and they are neutral people NAKA, and they reckon that he never stood out at all and you wouldnt have noticed him, i have seen him on previous occasions and and dont rate him at all,

Hank Everlast

Yea, onion bag your entitled to your opinion but theres still no need to SPREAD stuff like that on the board!  ;)

Onion Bag

Spread stuff like what?
All i said was that i didnt think that a guy should be on the county panel, whats the big deal? Jasus everyones a bit touchy this morning,

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: Onion Bag on July 08, 2008, 09:34:06 AM
Spread stuff like what?
All i said was that i didnt think that a guy should be on the county panel, whats the big deal? Jasus everyones a bit touchy this morning,

No you didn't...
QuoteMarty Ferris is Shite

Charming!

Onion Bag

OK Lads, Shite was a bit strong  ;)

Uladh

Ferris is symptomatic of a growing problem within the county, in that we are producing half backs who are only effective in one direction. the job of a half back is to defend and then augment the attack if its possible. most teams have wing backs who are bombing forward with no awareness of the danger they leave behind them and increasingly, can't mark or tackle even when they are in position. Ciaran McKeever type wing backs are what we need to be producing.

Onion Bag

Uladh,

Honest opinion, do you think he is any good or worthy of his place on the squad, or am i the only person on this board of this opinion

Uladh

Don't really know OB. he didn't get any game time in the national league so we didn't see him in that company. that said, he looked distinctly average in the McKenna cup. To assess the merit of a borderline lad like him being on the panel you'd have to know about his attitude, how he trains, etc. and there'd have to be better out there to exclude him.