Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rubberneck

Armagh need to look at the mid field for the next game were dominant for the 1st 20 and then never won in the middle of the park after, this is not good enough to take the County to the All Ireland, why did McDonald take Donaghy off he was making a hell of alot of plays in the 1st half, thought this was a bad move would have take O'Rourke off well before his sending off
All that's hot and sticky is not so sweet, enjoy the dream

qub la la la

Quote from: Rubberneck on June 30, 2008, 10:56:50 PM
Armagh need to look at the mid field for the next game were dominant for the 1st 20 and then never won in the middle of the park after, this is not good enough to take the County to the All Ireland, why did McDonald take Donaghy off he was making a hell of alot of plays in the 1st half, thought this was a bad move would have take O'Rourke off well before his sending off

donaghy was replaced by aaron kernan simply to calm things down and i believe he was on a card also. with a man less it made sense to get kernan on with a bit more experience. though donaghy did have an excellent game. apparently o'rourke was for coming off but they left it a few more mins and then it was too late. midfield was poor, down won an aswful lot of breaks.

wasnt overly impressed with p mckeever, i think mallon could be in there for the final. vernon looked a bit shaky but worked ard, if he had taken a point in the first half instead of going for goal it might have helped him settle a bit more. c mckeever was brilliant. you can say what you like about him but the man is an all star!

High Catch

ARMAGH CLUB FIXTURES FOR W/E SUNDAY 6 JULY 2008

Wednesday 2 July

ACL – Division Four (8.00)
Mullaghbrack v Dorsey Emmett's (Joe Murtagh)

Friday 4 July

ACL – Division One (8.00)
St Patrick's v Crossmaglen (Eamon Nugent)
Harps v Mullaghbawn (Jim Slevin)
Culloville v Pearse Og (Kevin McNeice)
Dromintee v Clan na Gael (Kevin Murtagh)
Killeavey v Maghery (Tony O'Hare)

ACL – Division Two (8.00)
Granemore v Sarsfields (Jim Burns)
Keady v Tir na nÓg (Off)
Carrickcruppen v Silverbridge (Off)
An Port Mor v Ballymacnab (Henry McCloy)
St Michael's v Whitecross (Paul Boylan)

ACL – Division Three (8.00(
Crossmaglen II v St Paul's (Damian McConville)
St Peter's v Belleek (Jimmy McKee)
Madden v Ballyhegan (Off)
Grange v Clonmore (Stephen McKinley)
Annaghmore v Collegeland (Oliver Hearty)

ACL – Division Four (8.00)
Phelim Brady's v O'Hanlon's (Ronan Quigley)
Shane O'Neill's v Middletown (Off)
Corrinshego v Forkhill (Dessie McDonnell)
Mullaghbrack v Eire Og (Gary Smith)
Clady v Dorsey Emmett's (Paul Rath)

Sunday 6 July

Under-21 Football Final (7.30)
Carrickcruppen v Madden (Kevin McNeice) at Abbey Park, Armagh

ACL – Division Two (2.00)
Wolfe Tone v Clann Eireann (Sean McClatchey)
An Port Mor v Granemore (Gary Smith)

corn02

Best wishes to Kernan jNr who I hear took a bad knock against Dromintee last night.

illdecide

Quote from: corn02 on July 01, 2008, 09:13:41 AM
Best wishes to Kernan jNr who I hear took a bad knock against Dromintee last night.

What level was that game in? (senior, U21 etc) and how bad of a knock did he get?
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

corn02

Minor and think he had to go to hospital. I was not there and I am going on secondary reports, hopefully he is ok.

Goats Do Shave

QuoteMadden v Ballyhegan (Off)

Typical... county men available & we've no match!!

illdecide

Clans v Dromintee is off also...

Uladh

nutsy--1

Do dromintee actualy play games or are they all refixed??

illdecide

Quote from: nutsy--1 on July 01, 2008, 03:03:56 PM
Do dromintee actually play games or are they all refixed??

Nothing to do with Dromintee this time lads. Clans have their annual golf classic on Friday. The game was originally fixed for Sunday and that was fine but when switched to Friday night it caused problems and so Dromintee agreed to play it at a later date...(So blame the clans this time)

rattle-the-net

Quote from: Goats Do Shave on July 01, 2008, 01:06:05 PM
QuoteMadden v Ballyhegan (Off)

Typical... county men available & we've no match!!

well obviously madden are not goin to have a game when they have the u21 cship final that night...nothing to do with them, match was set for the saturday night but had to be changed in case of a draw between down and armagh....even at that i think the match wouldnt have went ahead as most of the madden team would be playin the saturday nite??

anyone any predictions for the u21 final?

Goats Do Shave

I've no complaints with Madden. I wish them well in the U21s!

Just bad timing for us, I think Madden are the strongest team in the league... would have been nice to have the 3 lads playing!

nutsy--1

Im hoping madden win every neutral always likes seeing the underdog win but i can't see this happen, on paper cruppin should win by ten plus but you never know in a final.

crossfire

The Cross minor injured against Dromintee was Aaron Kieran ( pronounced Kierans )
He was released from hospital on Tuesday afternoon and is doing fine