Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quotewhats your yardtivk the 80's??i have saw the clans once the year and just saying that maghery gave as good as they got.

In fairness, bar Cross, Clans have been the best team we've played in the league this year.

Quotewilliamsoon i take your points on board but for 2 things 1) this amalgamation has only 2 clubs lissummon and o'hanlons and is as far as im aware is the oldest amalgamation in the county at over 30 years 2) this was as far as im aware the 1st time ever that this club has ever competed at this level and got to a final and i've been around for a long time. i say fair play to them to take the right step and move up into the higher division and take their chances

Would absolutely agree with this and I don't think anybody would object in the slightest to small clubs like O'Hanlon's and Lissummon amalgmating. Amazing to see them doing so well but fair play. Some clubs are simply unable to put underage teams out so without amalgations young players will be lost to bigger clubs which would be the death of many of the smaller clubs.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

altovito

wuz at crupps/c eirenn game.wot the f**k is wrong with cruppen? seems like all they du is yap at ech other.dont look lake they wnt 2 go up.c eirenn seemd 2 wnt the gme more.when in the mood they will bet alot of teams.how the f**k did wcross bet sarsfield?sarsfield must hve ben on the rip on thurs.tones bet by nab as well,bad result fur tones against a bad nab outfit

back off the net

cullyhanna are doing well in DIV 1 for a team that came up last year and they are missing 5,6 first team players though one thing or another.if culyhanna get all there players back and fit for the c ship they will be hard to beat there to good off a team to be playing inter c ship.they will finsh well up in that first DIV.

winsamsoon

Charlie i am the one saying that the amalgamations are wrong. I am not a St Paul's man and i only used them as an example. But yes they did combine a few years back to form the emmets.

Any team missing 7 or 8 would obviously struggle. We are missing 4 or 5 ourselves but we are on a decent run at the moment.

On a separate issue lads, I am just back from the finish of the North Armagh gaelic week. I have to say it was a fantastic week and was rounded of brilliantly with the parade and the music at Davitt Park. Fair play to all involved in running it and may it long continue.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: Hank Everlast on June 28, 2008, 09:52:07 AM
Any other results??

Ballyhegan 1.12 St Peters 1.05

Another fine performance from the ever improving Davitts. 4 wins on the bounce & we're building up for the Championship nicely with our 3 county men to come back plus 3 or 4 other regulars.

Ballyhegan came back from a slow start to lead 0.06 - 0.05 at the interval, where both sides seemed evenly matched. However, in the second half the Davitts came out of the traps blazing with Neil McCann & Barry Murphy playing blinders in the full back line. Half backs Conor Morgan & Plunkett McCormack set up countless attacks and Mark Hughes, Eoin Reynolds & Kevin Keegan causing all sorts of trouble in the full forwards! Only for St Peter's All Ireland winning goal keeper Paul Wilson, saving at least 4 goal chances and a last minute consolation goal the scoreline could have been very embarrassing for the Lurgan men.

Edit: By the way big Sam didn't referee Friday night's encounter. Mr Kevin McNeice of Annaghmore took control, & had a splendid hour IMO. Very sensible referee!

downtown

Quote from: altovito on June 28, 2008, 04:54:26 PM
wuz at crupps/c eirenn game.wot the f**k is wrong with cruppen? seems like all they du is yap at ech other.dont look lake they wnt 2 go up.c eirenn seemd 2 wnt the gme more.when in the mood they will bet alot of teams.how the f**k did wcross bet sarsfield?sarsfield must hve ben on the rip on thurs.tones bet by nab as well,bad result fur tones against a bad nab outfit

funny enough thats 4 points the nab has taken of tones this year - doesnt say much 4 the tones then eh altovito?!

any1 got an updated league table?

crossfire

To Broken Crossbar.
Cross v Og's
Cross controlled this game from the start although it took them some time to convert their superiority onto the scoreboard and it was 2 points apiece after 20 mins. Cross led by 3 at half time despite having 11 wides.

Cross made better use of their chances in the second half and despite a spirited comeback from Og's we kept tagging on the points to eventually win by 7.

Key men were the twins and Mickey Mac, although John Murtagh was top scorer with 7 points, mostly from frees. Martin Aherne also had a good game and scored two points from play.

illdecide

I know the clans have been playing well this last month but we know the teams that we have beaten are without their main players (core of their team) and will be a totaly different team come championship time. The only team getting away with it at the minute is Cross, so in a way it's hard to judge where you are at the minute regarding how strong you think you are
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Uladh

How much much do you think the leagues are devalued and what is the solution?

illdecide

Quote from: Uladh on June 30, 2008, 05:32:31 PM

How much much do you think the leagues are devalued and what is the solution?

Well i think it's a good move by the county board to move the championship later in the year so teams will play out the league whilst still training flat out, as for the county players missing from the club teams i think they should let all players play for their clubs who are not getting any inter county action. If there is 35 in the panel at least 15 should be lining out for their clubs, this benifits the county, club and the player. I know you run the risk of injury but you will have a sharper player in you're panel...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Uladh

the big danger with the current set up is if armagh progess there could be 6/8 weeks between the end of the league and the start of the championship?

would top4 and bottom 4 play offs fill this void and allow clbs punished during the league for having county players a chance to preserve or enhance their status with a ful hand?

nutsy--1

i wouldn't be a fan of play-offs but i understand what your saying.

I would hope all county players are available for this weekend, it would help us a bit.

Diet Coke

Quote from: nutsy--1 on June 30, 2008, 07:07:46 PM
i wouldn't be a fan of play-offs but i understand what your saying.

I would hope all county players are available for this weekend, it would help us a bit.

Aye but we would need Kerry's county players! ;)
Everybody knows there no sucha thing as Sanity Clause.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quotethe big danger with the current set up is if armagh progess there could be 6/8 weeks between the end of the league and the start of the championship?

We've 6 games left and are still 3 weeks away from our first round championship matches. I'd say, if we progress the leagues could be over by the time the championship starts.

Wonder whether clubs with county men will be expected to play championship matches 5 days after the Ulster final?
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

back off the net

Will that armagh team change for the ulster final.I think they played well yesterday in the first 20 min took the foot off the gas and give away some silly frees.down only scored 2 from play all the rest were from frees so i think armagh would need to watch that for the next day.ciaran mc keever is a great man marker took Benny out off the game and down hand no plan B