Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uladh

Quote from: gaapunter on June 26, 2008, 04:37:23 PM
lads the clanns are in the top 4 in the county and always have been yet other team conspired to relegate them three years back- anything can happen ::)

other teams don't relegate you

winsamsoon

Ok loughshore you have had your rant and i don't know what you are refering to when you say my level. All i was doing was asking had they got a club because i genuinely didn't know. I also have never paid into a match at Maghery because any time that i have been out there i have been playing . But fair play you have lines on your pitch :-\, you have a great set up :'(, You have probably better catch nets :o, You have probably a better skip ffs :-*. Of all these things that you have that are better than the clans, do you not take a step back and wonder Is anything missing?????  The most claring omission is a team you numpty. You see you can have all the possessions in the world but if your team is shite then it is shite.

You see when you are relegated this year then all these possessions that you speak of will be not worth a shite. But it is ok the lads from the Peters and the Tones will come in and eat your sandwiches. They own their pitches aswell so you can have a lovely wee chat about possessions because there will clearly be no conversations about success. Catch a grip you plank.

For the other lads when i said the amalgamations i was talking about this St Joseph's team. I have already stated before i don't mind amalgamations if they are genuinely to give lads a game of football. When they start challenging for trophies then one must ask themselves is this fair on the other teams that have to scrap together the players to go out and get hammered. Plus them amalgamated teams don't own their own pitch :D ;) FFS

On the postponing of games i was just saying it is a coincidence that Dromintee seem to be involved in a lot of games being called off, more so than other teams. I never said a reason for this i was just making an observation. Oh and by the way i think we will be looking our game off with them  :D :D :D
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

Rubberneck

Quote from: winsamsoon on June 26, 2008, 06:39:04 PM
Ok loughshore you have had your rant and i don't know what you are refering to when you say my level. All i was doing was asking had they got a club because i genuinely didn't know. I also have never paid into a match at Maghery because any time that i have been out there i have been playing . But fair play you have lines on your pitch :-\, you have a great set up :'(, You have probably better catch nets :o, You have probably a better skip ffs :-*. Of all these things that you have that are better than the clans, do you not take a step back and wonder Is anything missing?????  The most claring omission is a team you numpty. You see you can have all the possessions in the world but if your team is shite then it is shite.

You see when you are relegated this year then all these possessions that you speak of will be not worth a shite. But it is ok the lads from the Peters and the Tones will come in and eat your sandwiches. They own their pitches aswell so you can have a lovely wee chat about possessions because there will clearly be no conversations about success. Catch a grip you plank.

For the other lads when i said the amalgamations i was talking about this St Joseph's team. I have already stated before i don't mind amalgamations if they are genuinely to give lads a game of football. When they start challenging for trophies then one must ask themselves is this fair on the other teams that have to scrap together the players to go out and get hammered. Plus them amalgamated teams don't own their own pitch :D ;) FFS

On the postponing of games i was just saying it is a coincidence that Dromintee seem to be involved in a lot of games being called off, more so than other teams. I never said a reason for this i was just making an observation. Oh and by the way i think we will be looking our game off with them  :D :D :D
So i take it that its ok to beat the crap out of these amalgamations and those kids are to take it all but when they start to contest for trophies then you think theyv'e no rite to do so, pathetic >:(I'm glad to see these clubs starting to make waves coming from one of the older clubs in the deep south and what i could see the other night killeavey could have fielded another team and the st.josephs team looked like they just about had the 15 players. swing on monkey boy  ;D
All that's hot and sticky is not so sweet, enjoy the dream

winsamsoon

Swing on monkey boy

Yet another new comer that is a plank

Firstly i never mentioned beating the crap out of no one and secondly no they shoouldn't be allowed to amalgamate a team to win the actual trophy. It wasn't designed for this purpose and it is wrong. It has been exploited by smaller clubs that are trying to achieve artificial success. Sure if this was the case what would stop the stronger teams combining??? sure no one would beat them.

loughshorelad

looks like u not very popular winsam,i wonder why that is and if you are so sure wee will be relegated,would you like to lose a few pound.you can call down to the club and i will gladly take whatever you want off you laeve it behind the bar and then let the boys have a drink on you when we stay up,or i will go to davitt park and leave it behind your bar till the end of the season.(if it wouldnt be stolen from behind the bar,which lets face it wouldnt be the first time) however if wee do go down wee can get a few tips from youre good self on div 2 as you have been there yourselfs not so long ago ;D ;D ;what is you say [Edited by Mod3]

charlie stubbs

in fairness winsam i saw maghery play clans in the league at davitt and they gave yas your fill of it.  if maghery do go down they will come straight bak up again, they have been an emerging team in recent years held their own in the division and where very close to the championship final.  they seemed very thin on the line that night i would imagine missing a good few through injury. 

TacadoirArdMhacha

QuoteYou have probably better catch nets Shocked, You have probably a better skip ffs Kiss. Of all these things that you have that are better than the clans, do you not take a step back and wonder Is anything missing?

Speaking of the Clans setup, yis need to sort out them rusted cages things you expect people to walk through! Shockin looking altogether!  ;)
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

TacadoirArdMhacha

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/irish/7474795.stm

Jeffrey silence on Downey future

Linfield manager David Jeffrey has declined to comment on the outcome of his meeting with the Blues Board regarding the future of Conor Downey.

Downey has submitted a transfer request and it is thought that Ballymena United and Cliftonville would be interested in the player if he was made available.

Jeffrey said on Tuesday that United boss Roy Walker had already inquired about Downey's availability.

The Reds have also been linked with Downey but have not made any inquiries.

"Cliftonville's position is that we have not made any approach to Linfield because we do not know if Conor is available or on the transfer list," said manager Eddie Patterson.

"He is still under contract at Windsor Park and until that position changes and I am told he is on the transfer list, nothing will happen."

Downey joined Linfield from Cliftonville in January 2007 for an undisclosed fee.

The Blues saw off challenges from Glentoran, Portadown and Derry City to land the highly-rated midfielder.

A long-term knee injury has limited Downey's appearances for the league champions and it is understood that his transfer request was discussed on Tuesday evening.

Meanwhile Linfield are also understood to be in talks with former Northern Ireland midfielder Philip Mulryne and ex-Cliftonville and Lisburn Distillery frontman John Martin while Northern Ireland Under-21 striker Paul Carvill is also a target.

Is the Paul Carville mentioned the fella who plays for Tir na nÓg?
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

mousey

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on June 26, 2008, 01:56:36 PM
Apparently Laceys disco is closed at the weekends and is only opening Sunday nights of bank holiday weekends. Are they opening it after Armagh matches as well?

Haven't been in years but still - end of an era.
your not missing much still a dump full of kids

Rubberneck

Yet again someone who thinks its only the big clubs who are entitled to engrave their names on the Division 1 trophies, if this is rite then why are some of our "big" clubs suposedly throwing games eg; withholding players in certain games so that they get into a possition that means they can win a trophy at any cost in leagues that they shouldnt be in.  ??? In the south i know that these amalgamated teams are usually put into the top leagues so that they dont just run out over the smaller clubs and they take their beatings in these leagues from us and the rest but once in a while not to often they get a team who works well so whats the problem if you earn your strips why can't you wear them ???
All that's hot and sticky is not so sweet, enjoy the dream

winsamsoon

Loughshore you are a bookies delight . You are providing even money on maghery staying in division one this year. That is the best bet i have heard this century. You know that much about the clans bar, perhaps you should stay out of bars a little more, sounds like a problem on the horizon.

I'll have £100 on with you that maghery go down because they are certainly a bad lot.

Someone is using our game with maghery at Davitt as a yardstick. So what does this mean then if culloville beat us well, then we draw with cross, then culloville get hammered by cross. What logic comes out of that???I will answer that, football is all on the day anyone can beat anyone. This most certainly doesn' make you a good team.

Oh please will you extend those betting odds on maghery's relegation to the rest of the leads on here. I would say you will get a few takers at evs.

Rubberneck, you are once again making up things. Where did i say that it was only bigger teams tha had a right to have their names on trophies. by all means smaller clubs are well entitled to do so and i actually would cheer them on because it is a greater achievement. But when it is an amalgamation of 3 teams that are coming through to challenge whilst the smaller clubs are still struggling, Is this fair on the smaller clubs?? I wouldn't think it. I have seen it happen. At under age i saw maghery and ballyhegan combine to form the shamrocks. These teams were there or there abouts in all underage competitions. This isn't fair on the likes of St Paul's or the Peter's who work equally as hard as anyone on their underage structures but have to play with the hand they are dealt.

winsamsoon

By the way lads Loughshore is offering evs dollars that maghery will stay in division 1 this year. :D :D

winsamsoon

TacadoirArdMhacha, I take it you are refering to the turnstyles????

Sure why would we pay for something that we don't own :D :D Makes no economic sense man. Not that anyone comes through them that often anyway. Sure they are only used for county games and they are a dime a dozen.

If you leave your recommendations i will see the committee takes them on board. ;) ;)

Goats Do Shave

QuoteAt under age i saw maghery and ballyhegan combine to form the shamrocks. These teams were there or there abouts in all underage competitions. This isn't fair on the likes of St Paul's or the Peter's who work equally as hard as anyone on their underage structures but have to play with the hand they are dealt.

Shamrocks formed when I was 15. Before hand we were playing 4 years under our age group - just to make up the numbers. The laws changed around this time, meaning you weren't allowed to do this, hence the amalgamation.

Thankfully this has changed in recent times & we no longer require 'help' from neighbours to fill a team sheet at each age group!!

brokencrossbar1

Goats I don't know what age you are but I recall playing hamrocks when I was a minor, Ciaran Raff's team,and that was 15 years ago.  Do thy still amalgamate?