Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fred the red

anyone for laceys on sunday nite to celebrate victory?

TacadoirArdMhacha

Apparently Laceys disco is closed at the weekends and is only opening Sunday nights of bank holiday weekends. Are they opening it after Armagh matches as well?

Haven't been in years but still - end of an era.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

winsamsoon

Any bit of wonder they are the strongest in the county when they are amalgamating every left right and centre . Every year brings a new team.

13 27/06/2008 20:00    Maghery  -  Cullaville  -  Cullaville   
13 27/06/2008 20:00    Pearse Og  -  Crossmaglen  -  Cross
13 27/06/2008 20:00    Mullabawn  -  Killeavy  -  Mullaghbawn
13 27/06/2008 20:00    Clan na Gael  -  Harps - Clans (Bonus)    :D ;) Spreads tourny without the spreads. It is a surpirise that Dromintee have no game fixed.

Was there not an argument about them always calling games off >:( ???
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

corn02

Quote from: winsamsoon on June 26, 2008, 02:04:19 PM

How do you know it was them that callled it off?

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: winsamsoon on June 26, 2008, 02:04:19 PM
Any bit of wonder they are the strongest in the county when they are amalgamating every left right and centre . Every year brings a new team.
13 27/06/2008 20:00    Maghery  -  Cullaville  -  Cullaville  
13 27/06/2008 20:00    Pearse Og  -  Crossmaglen  -  Cross
13 27/06/2008 20:00    Mullabawn  -  Killeavy  -  Mullaghbawn
13 27/06/2008 20:00    Clan na Gael  -  Harps - Clans (Bonus)    :D ;) Spreads tourny without the spreads. It is a surpirise that Dromintee have no game fixed.

Is this is dig at Cross for some reason?

IVEDECIDED

No son Dromintee have been calling games off willy nilly this past few years when they are struggling to win games. They do this through their alyy on the fixtures committee - Seamus Mc Donagh. Its not a swipe at Cross at all. Not everything corrupt and sinister going on at board level is attributed to Cross you know - just 90% of it! ;D :D ;D

corn02

I am sure you know the facts alright,

IVEDECIDED

Quote from: corn02 on June 26, 2008, 03:11:09 PM
I am sure you know the facts alright,

Oh stop, please your killing me! Moderators please!! This guy is out of control with his responses! ;D ;D

winsamsoon

I posted one statement and Both a cross lad and a Dromintee lad both took offence at it. I don't know what way they are reading these things.

The answer to the two questions are that it wasn't a dig at anyone. I was simply stating that there was an argument about Dromintee and fixtures earlier on the board.

Corn you replied by saying how do you know it was them that called it off. I don't know who called it off but i will say this. Dromintee have been involved in a lot of fixtures that have been cancelled . I don't know who called them off but i can tell you now they weren't all called off by the other teams. Even the most die hard club supporters on here wouldn't be as bare faced to say this.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

flog the lot

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on June 26, 2008, 01:56:36 PM
Apparently Laceys disco is closed at the weekends and is only opening Sunday nights of bank holiday weekends. Are they opening it after Armagh matches as well?

Haven't been in years but still - end of an era.

is it not closed completey because they were trying to get 5 star staus for the hotel and so can't have a disco any more? thats what i heard anyhow.....

brokencrossbar1

Winsamsoon I was wondering how you could be referring to Dromintee as you said the were the strongest in the county and that is clearly wrong!

It is no advantage for teams to get games called off, unless that is they are worried bout losing them and getting relegated ;)

Uladh

Its not clear who he's referring to. it seems he thinks someone is amalgamating to become the strongest team in the county - presumably at underage level. in fact i don't really know if thats what he means either.

surely none of the better teams in the county would be relegated?

corn02

gaapunter

Quote from: Uladh on June 26, 2008, 04:16:38 PM
Its not clear who he's referring to. it seems he thinks someone is amalgamating to become the strongest team in the county - presumably at underage level. in fact i don't really know if thats what he means either.

surely none of the better teams in the county would be relegated?

dont be so sure lads the clanns are in the top 4 in the county and always have been yet other team conspired to relegate them three years back- anything can happen ::)

loughshorelad

Quote from: winsamsoon on June 25, 2008, 11:37:00 AM
Loughshore i am well aware that in every set of supporters there are slabbers and to be honest we have more than our fair share of them. I don't even mind them shouting onto the pitch but i do take offence to the likes of that Og's  tr**p shouting the like of that at lads who have dedictaed a hell of a lot of time to Gaelic football. To turn around and make a remark about mourneview park is a complete disgrace. Yes i have also shouted at football matches and it is mostly directed at the refs. I very rarely shout at other players as i at least give them the respect they deserve for the committment they put in.

The point about not going into other teams clubs after games, We usually do go into other teams clubs after away games. This year we have been into Cullovilles, Cross, Killeavy, Harps, and st pats. I guess this is because someone has actually came in after the game and said to the lads that there are sandwiches in the bar or wherever. I ain't sure the reason why we don't go into maghery and to be honest i wasn't even aware they had a club (Is their club the tiny building onto their changing rooms???). But one thing is for sure it isn't done out of any malice. It is not as if we sit down before games and say "we won't go into their club after the game, That will show them". Usually when we are playing other North Armagh teams we usually come stripped and all. I guess it is just a habit. But it is not meant to cause offence.
a few points winsam,is it not part of gaa tradition to go into other teams clubs for a drink n that after games. also yes maghery do have a club and a very good one at that but sure you clans ones wouldnt know this as you stand on the bridge to watch games in maghery so you dont have to pay the entrance fee.we also have a great field which is always lined out not like youre own may i add.i could go on all day about how better our set is than your own but i wont come down to youre level but i might as well thats why no one in the county has a good word to say about use....oh aye by the way wee own our own field not leased off the council.. >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( ;D