Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IVEDECIDED

Quote from: whoareya? on June 24, 2008, 12:46:44 PM
Quote from: illdecide on June 23, 2008, 05:30:19 PM
Quote from: whoareya? on June 23, 2008, 12:46:59 PM
Now for something completely different! A few msgs back someone said John Donaldson didn't play for Cross yesterday. I'm not surprised. Now i don't know the man personally I've been lucky enough to get a slap in the mouth from him in a league game once but what I saw last sunday in Breffni Park was just unreal. I found myself standing beside him at the match and I'm not exaggerating this for effect. He ate 4 mars bars during the match!! He had 2 in him before half time then when the ref blew for half time he reached for the bag and I couldn't believe it another mars. One more with about ten mins to go. Animal!!!

I'm sure Donaldson thought you were some sort of queer or freak for watching everything the fella ate :P Can you remember anything about the actual match or did you not look onto the pitch? What was his teeth like? :D :D :D

I know one thing if i was at a match JD would be last thing I'd wanna view as you would think he was beat with the ugly stick. If the match was that poor for you why didn't look at some lass with a short skirt ;)

Ill Decide are you for real, Donaldson thought i was some kind of freak, the man ate 4 Mars bars in less than an hour that's not human! I just thought you might be interested in the Crossmaglen diet as all clubs are trying to aspire to them. Perhaps a few more Mars Bar binges and you'd stand a chance!

Also ever think of taking up journalism. 'Sarsfields started like a house on fire and went 2 points up!' 2 point up Hardly a house on fire! More like a BBQ.

I reckon the last thing 'illdecide' needs is a mars-bar binge son!  ;D

billy the kid

Re: Killean, Co Armagh
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2008, 02:48:18 PM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The pitch is across the road from the chapel.  Cotttage Road? I think.  Possibly Clontigora Road.  But it is a full size pitch.  Not just for childer ??? ???

Hi lads this was posted on another thread by an Armagh man. Im not taking the piss but where does CHILDER come from?
I have heard Armagh people and some Monaghan use it before when they mean Children, is it just slang for children or is it tust poor pronunciation or your accents making Children sound different?

I suppose an accent wouldnt show up in typing?

Any answers men?? 
If it moves hit it
If it doesnt hit it anyway!!

IVEDECIDED

Yes ive an answer 'billy got rid' - go away and take a redner for asking such an irrelevant, stupid and boring question! WHO CARES! :P :-[ >:(

gaapunter

Quote from: IVEDECIDED on June 24, 2008, 01:56:12 PM
Yes ive an answer 'billy got rid' - go away and take a redner for asking such an irrelevant, stupid and boring question! WHO CARES! :P :-[ >:(

correct Ivedecided billy the kid- you must have little to do what a stupid post

Dannymcfella

Quote from: billy the kid on June 24, 2008, 01:18:37 PM
Re: Killean, Co Armagh
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2008, 02:48:18 PM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The pitch is across the road from the chapel.  Cotttage Road? I think.  Possibly Clontigora Road.  But it is a full size pitch.  Not just for childer ??? ???

Hi lads this was posted on another thread by an Armagh man. Im not taking the piss but where does CHILDER come from?
I have heard Armagh people and some Monaghan use it before when they mean Children, is it just slang for children or is it tust poor pronunciation or your accents making Children sound different?

I suppose an accent wouldnt show up in typing?

Any answers men?? 

So why post this on an ARMAGH CLUB FOOTBALL & HURLING thread?? idiot

gaapunter

Quote from: IVEDECIDED on June 24, 2008, 12:54:14 PM
Quote from: whoareya? on June 24, 2008, 12:46:44 PM
Quote from: illdecide on June 23, 2008, 05:30:19 PM
Quote from: whoareya? on June 23, 2008, 12:46:59 PM
Now for something completely different! A few msgs back someone said John Donaldson didn't play for Cross yesterday. I'm not surprised. Now i don't know the man personally I've been lucky enough to get a slap in the mouth from him in a league game once but what I saw last sunday in Breffni Park was just unreal. I found myself standing beside him at the match and I'm not exaggerating this for effect. He ate 4 mars bars during the match!! He had 2 in him before half time then when the ref blew for half time he reached for the bag and I couldn't believe it another mars. One more with about ten mins to go. Animal!!!

I'm sure Donaldson thought you were some sort of queer or freak for watching everything the fella ate :P Can you remember anything about the actual match or did you not look onto the pitch? What was his teeth like? :D :D :D

I know one thing if i was at a match JD would be last thing I'd wanna view as you would think he was beat with the ugly stick. If the match was that poor for you why didn't look at some lass with a short skirt ;)

Ill Decide are you for real, Donaldson thought i was some kind of freak, the man ate 4 Mars bars in less than an hour that's not human! I just thought you might be interested in the Crossmaglen diet as all clubs are trying to aspire to them. Perhaps a few more Mars Bar binges and you'd stand a chance!

Also ever think of taking up journalism. 'Sarsfields started like a house on fire and went 2 points up!' 2 point up Hardly a house on fire! More like a BBQ.

I reckon the last thing 'illdecide' needs is a mars-bar binge son!  ;D

YOU ARE ONE TO TALK IVEDECIDED 8) ???

loughshorelad

Quote from: winsamsoon on June 24, 2008, 12:16:35 PM
Also heard the old cry again at the Ogs and clans game. Bumpy o' Hagan was fouled in the middle of the pitch and he went to ground. One of the ogs supporters AKA a mouth shouted on "this ain't mournview park you know" Now wtf is this all about. I have witnessed this several time over the years. The majority of it has been in South Armagh. There are no Irish leagues teams in that neck of the woods so you can understand a little what they are refering too. But it is still a joke that some clown thinks he can shout that at people who have no more interest in soccer than the man on the moon.

This ogs fool fails to realise that Armagh city also have an Irish league team and are pretty much like Lurgan with regardes it being a town/city. So there are a lot of similarities. Both the ogs and the clans would be competing with soccer more so than south armagh teams, but they would have that hardcore groups that would always go to Gaelic no matter if it was a world cup final. This maddens me as these bamsticks on the line pay into games and think they can just shout out a load of shite. They would need to catch a grip.
well win there are a few of these w**ks at every club. these same boys would be the first men over to you to buy a drink after the match in the club,if you ever went into other teams clubs after games you would know this is just a bit of banter,like in clans?maghery games,there would be quite a bit of this.However if it was marty lavery they had shouted this at i would maybe agree(he likes a dive) but bumby wouldnt go down that easy and im sure the man that shouted it hid behind some1 when he done it.by the way do you ever shout  at games????

whoareya?

Loughshore you seem to be the peacemaker on this site! Never really have a bad word to say about anyone I don't trust people like that probably a bit of a Judis in you! I don't know how anybody could agree with anything those two planks I'll Decide and I've decided say anyway. Clans boys know nothing about football!

loughshorelad

Quote from: whoareya? on June 24, 2008, 07:31:30 PM
Loughshore you seem to be the peacemaker on this site! Never really have a bad word to say about anyone I don't trust people like that probably a bit of a Judis in you! I don't know how anybody could agree with anything those two planks I'll Decide and I've decided say anyway. Clans boys know nothing about football!
whoareya?that  is the question? far a start i wasnt in agreement with i`ll decide or i`ve decided,i was replying to what winsam was saying.but i will agree with you when you say those to are planks though ;)i would also have to say you are a bit of a plank yourself,if you had looked closely at my post i had a few digs at the clans for not going into away teams clubs for a drink after their games and had also a little dig at one of thier players for diving and the supporter who shouted...so there i have had a go at quite a few people on this one thread...no more mr nice guy >:( >:( >:( >:(

illdecide

And we all wonder why people are leaving the board with these new fools coming in and talking the biggest load of shite. Why don't you feck off back to Orchard county or wherever you came from. You're right about 1 thing though, every club has their fools and all of ours are on this board...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

whoareya?

I'll decide I think your last post was a bit harsh but I'm not going to go into that. I was at the clans game the other night and have been to a few home Clans matches when our boys are away and I want to know who the big lad along side Bumpy in the midfield? He doesn't do anything spectacular but he's solid and a good ball winner and has been one of your best players when I've seen you this season. Well apart from against Ogs but he was marking Clarke so I'll excuse that!

illdecide

Quote from: whoareya? on June 25, 2008, 09:59:34 AM
I'll decide I think your last post was a bit harsh but I'm not going to go into that. I was at the clans game the other night and have been to a few home Clans matches when our boys are away and I want to know who the big lad along side Bumpy in the midfield? He doesn't do anything spectacular but he's solid and a good ball winner and has been one of your best players when I've seen you this season. Well apart from against Ogs but he was marking Clarke so I'll excuse that!

Stephen O Hagan's the name, he's a cousin of Bumpy's and you're right he won't do anything specticular but he a steady player who can field a ball and lay it off

winsamsoon

Loughshore i am well aware that in every set of supporters there are slabbers and to be honest we have more than our fair share of them. I don't even mind them shouting onto the pitch but i do take offence to the likes of that Og's  tr**p shouting the like of that at lads who have dedictaed a hell of a lot of time to Gaelic football. To turn around and make a remark about mourneview park is a complete disgrace. Yes i have also shouted at football matches and it is mostly directed at the refs. I very rarely shout at other players as i at least give them the respect they deserve for the committment they put in.

The point about not going into other teams clubs after games, We usually do go into other teams clubs after away games. This year we have been into Cullovilles, Cross, Killeavy, Harps, and st pats. I guess this is because someone has actually came in after the game and said to the lads that there are sandwiches in the bar or wherever. I ain't sure the reason why we don't go into maghery and to be honest i wasn't even aware they had a club (Is their club the tiny building onto their changing rooms???). But one thing is for sure it isn't done out of any malice. It is not as if we sit down before games and say "we won't go into their club after the game, That will show them". Usually when we are playing other North Armagh teams we usually come stripped and all. I guess it is just a habit. But it is not meant to cause offence.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

corn02

illdecide

Quote from: corn02 on June 25, 2008, 11:59:01 AM
Will ya come into Dromintee?

you better believe we will, we always get looked after there with good grub. In fact 1 year you had a festival on and we were served up 1/4 pounder burgers. Thats what we want for the next match (maybe a pint to if you can spare it :D)