Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winsamsoon

That's a classic one about JD just sums tha man up a complete animal. I would like to see him take on Mr T.

Loughshore your a worth a laugh if nothing else lad. I take it your are saying that the sarsfields would be the best team then in North Armagh  ;) So that must make us second Tir Na Nog third and Maghery fourth  ;)  :D :D

See what you make of this rating  ;)
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

IVEDECIDED

At least Sam will allow a tackle! I was at a division 1 game yesterday and it scared me half to death. Jesus your not allowed to make contact with anyone at all now. Is this Gaelic football or basketball!! Refs are ruining this sport in Armagh - a well known coach in Down once told me gaelic football was a mans sport, played by men, in a manly fashion. Not anymore - some of the decisions he gave yesterday had both camps laughing!! ??? >:( >:(

gaapunter

Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on June 20, 2008, 04:06:56 PM
Quote from: illdecide on June 20, 2008, 02:16:57 PM
Heard last night that the Ogs will be playing with all their county men against the Clans on sunday with the exceptions of A Mallon and R Clarke...

Fair play to McDonnell he is letting the squad members get a game with their club rather than waste away on the sidelines with Armagh...

first I heard of it but the more the merrier

El cuervo was at the clans v ogs on sunday coulnt believe how poor a team the ogs were-  ikn ow that yiu were missing all your county men - but surley the other lads should be up to more- the clans ripped them to bits at one stage in the second half they outscored ogs 0-9 to 0-0 with tens mins left- all i heard was arguments amoungst each other - great to see- long may it continue

illdecide

Quote from: whoareya? on June 23, 2008, 12:46:59 PM
Now for something completely different! A few msgs back someone said John Donaldson didn't play for Cross yesterday. I'm not surprised. Now i don't know the man personally I've been lucky enough to get a slap in the mouth from him in a league game once but what I saw last sunday in Breffni Park was just unreal. I found myself standing beside him at the match and I'm not exaggerating this for effect. He ate 4 mars bars during the match!! He had 2 in him before half time then when the ref blew for half time he reached for the bag and I couldn't believe it another mars. One more with about ten mins to go. Animal!!!

I'm sure Donaldson thought you were some sort of queer or freak for watching everything the fella ate :P Can you remember anything about the actual match or did you not look onto the pitch? What was his teeth like? :D :D :D

I know one thing if i was at a match JD would be last thing i'd wanna view as you would think he was beat with the ugly stick. If the match was that poor for you why didn't look at some lass with a short skirt ;)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

loughshorelad

Quote from: winsamsoon on June 23, 2008, 02:58:08 PM
That's a classic one about JD just sums tha man up a complete animal. I would like to see him take on Mr T.

Loughshore your a worth a laugh if nothing else lad. I take it your are saying that the sarsfields would be the best team then in North Armagh  ;) So that must make us second Tir Na Nog third and Maghery fourth  ;)  :D :D

See what you make of this rating  ;)
well im no joe brolly but i was thinking more eire og 1st maghery/clans 2nd pauls,tones clann eirean,tir na nog ,sarsfields.. ;D ;D ;D ;D

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: gaapunter on June 23, 2008, 05:03:34 PM
Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on June 20, 2008, 04:06:56 PM
Quote from: illdecide on June 20, 2008, 02:16:57 PM
Heard last night that the Ogs will be playing with all their county men against the Clans on sunday with the exceptions of A Mallon and R Clarke...

Fair play to McDonnell he is letting the squad members get a game with their club rather than waste away on the sidelines with Armagh...

first I heard of it but the more the merrier

El cuervo was at the clans v ogs on sunday coulnt believe how poor a team the ogs were-  ikn ow that yiu were missing all your county men - but surley the other lads should be up to more- the clans ripped them to bits at one stage in the second half they outscored ogs 0-9 to 0-0 with tens mins left- all i heard was arguments amoungst each other - great to see- long may it continue

There was a bit of shouting going on alright.  It probably just came from the frustration, but I wouldn't like to see that behavior creep in because it's not part of our game.  We are usually a lot more disciplined than that.  We were poor all over the field on sunday, with the second half being attrocious.

Hank Everlast

sure them aul mini mars bars go down a treat!!

bubbles

Think that defeat for the ogs on sunday will do them the world of good. 6-8 weeks to championship and it just shows them how much work they will have to put in although i hear they are doing an awful lot of work at the minute and this could perhaps be the reason for their lethargic performances over the last while. Clans are currently on a roll but they will not want to peak too early as we all know that the championship is the one all clubs want to get a hold of. It helps the clans that they have no county players and they can play with the same team week in week out

illdecide

Clans beat Sarsfields by 5pts last night in the final of the North Armagh cup. A good game with no bad tackles. Sarsfields started off like a house on fire going 2pts up and looking dangerous on every attack but the Clans weathered the storm and started to pick of scores and went in 06 to 03 at the break. Second half Clans took control and kept them at bay throughout as well as missing 3 excellent goal chances. Final score Clans 0-16 Sarsfields 0-11 ( i think)

gaapunter

Quote from: illdecide on June 24, 2008, 10:53:00 AM
Clans beat Sarsfields by 5pts last night in the final of the North Armagh cup. A good game with no bad tackles. Sarsfields started off like a house on fire going 2pts up and looking dangerous on every attack but the Clans weathered the storm and started to pick of scores and went in 06 to 03 at the break. Second half Clans took control and kept them at bay throughout as well as missing 3 excellent goal chances. Final score Clans 0-16 Sarsfields 0-11 ( i think)

07-05 at half time

full time 16-10 illdecide- you must have been at a different game or else you just cant count :P :P :P

illdecide

Quote from: gaapunter on June 24, 2008, 11:55:37 AM

07-05 at half time

full time 16-10 illdecide- you must have been at a different game or else you just cant count :P :P :P

Did you not see the ( i think) at the end of the post son...Talking about nit picking. whats a point here or there when you're winning comfortable

winsamsoon

Also heard the old cry again at the Ogs and clans game. Bumpy o' Hagan was fouled in the middle of the pitch and he went to ground. One of the ogs supporters AKA a mouth shouted on "this ain't mournview park you know" Now wtf is this all about. I have witnessed this several time over the years. The majority of it has been in South Armagh. There are no Irish leagues teams in that neck of the woods so you can understand a little what they are refering too. But it is still a joke that some clown thinks he can shout that at people who have no more interest in soccer than the man on the moon.

This ogs fool fails to realise that Armagh city also have an Irish league team and are pretty much like Lurgan with regardes it being a town/city. So there are a lot of similarities. Both the ogs and the clans would be competing with soccer more so than south armagh teams, but they would have that hardcore groups that would always go to Gaelic no matter if it was a world cup final. This maddens me as these bamsticks on the line pay into games and think they can just shout out a load of shite. They would need to catch a grip.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

gaapunter

Quote from: winsamsoon on June 24, 2008, 12:16:35 PM
Also heard the old cry again at the Ogs and clans game. Bumpy o' Hagan was fouled in the middle of the pitch and he went to ground. One of the ogs supporters AKA a mouth shouted on "this ain't mournview park you know" Now wtf is this all about. I have witnessed this several time over the years. The majority of it has been in South Armagh. There are no Irish leagues teams in that neck of the woods so you can understand a little what they are refering too. But it is still a joke that some clown thinks he can shout that at people who have no more interest in soccer than the man on the moon.

This ogs fool fails to realise that Armagh city also have an Irish league team and are pretty much like Lurgan with regardes it being a town/city. So there are a lot of similarities. Both the ogs and the clans would be competing with soccer more so than south armagh teams, but they would have that hardcore groups that would always go to Gaelic no matter if it was a world cup final. This maddens me as these bamsticks on the line pay into games and think they can just shout out a load of shite. They would need to catch a grip.

Its a wonder an Ogs man got near a clans player it didnt happen too often last sunday- Bamsticks is the word WSS-  :D

gaapunter

Quote from: illdecide on June 24, 2008, 12:06:25 PM
Quote from: gaapunter on June 24, 2008, 11:55:37 AM

07-05 at half time

Correct illdecide son- just thought i would keep the patrons on the board fully updated- and ps i will bring a calcuator or maybe in your case an abacus  ::) ::)

Did you not see the ( i think) at the end of the post son...Talking about nit picking. whats a point here or there when you're winning comfortable

whoareya?

Quote from: illdecide on June 23, 2008, 05:30:19 PM
Quote from: whoareya? on June 23, 2008, 12:46:59 PM
Now for something completely different! A few msgs back someone said John Donaldson didn't play for Cross yesterday. I'm not surprised. Now i don't know the man personally I've been lucky enough to get a slap in the mouth from him in a league game once but what I saw last sunday in Breffni Park was just unreal. I found myself standing beside him at the match and I'm not exaggerating this for effect. He ate 4 mars bars during the match!! He had 2 in him before half time then when the ref blew for half time he reached for the bag and I couldn't believe it another mars. One more with about ten mins to go. Animal!!!

I'm sure Donaldson thought you were some sort of queer or freak for watching everything the fella ate :P Can you remember anything about the actual match or did you not look onto the pitch? What was his teeth like? :D :D :D

I know one thing if i was at a match JD would be last thing I'd wanna view as you would think he was beat with the ugly stick. If the match was that poor for you why didn't look at some lass with a short skirt ;)

Ill Decide are you for real, Donaldson thought i was some kind of freak, the man ate 4 Mars bars in less than an hour that's not human! I just thought you might be interested in the Crossmaglen diet as all clubs are trying to aspire to them. Perhaps a few more Mars Bar binges and you'd stand a chance!

Also ever think of taking up journalism. 'Sarsfields started like a house on fire and went 2 points up!' 2 point up Hardly a house on fire! More like a BBQ.