Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

umgolaarmagh

Lads,

You want to be playing a match in London and then come back to me about Armagh referee

Onion Bag

I know you umgola, you always give refs a hard time
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: Onion Bag on June 19, 2008, 02:39:23 PM
I know you umgola, you always give refs a hard time

not just referees  ;)

umgolaarmagh

The only time i would have a go at the ref was if he was blatantly wrong, id say it happens maybe once a match, other than that i would keep the mmouth shut

Onion Bag

Quote from: umgolaarmagh on June 19, 2008, 02:56:42 PM
The only time i would have a go at the ref was if he was blatantly wrong, id say it happens maybe once a match, other than that i would keep the mmouth shut

Impossible  :D :D :D
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: umgolaarmagh on June 19, 2008, 02:56:42 PM

you'd be well known for the odd torrent of abuse

Candyman

if the ref could work out what he's saying!!!  :D

SouthArmaghBandit

IMO most refs get what they deserve. Some of the decisions are completely unbelievable at club level with not a sinner in the park seeing things they way the ref did.

I've always supported refs and argued against anyone giving them hassle but you cant stick your head in the sand and pretend that standards are ok when they clearly arent.

loughshorelad

Quote from: winsamsoon on June 19, 2008, 11:43:20 AM
Loughshore the reason i am posting this is because i cannot understand how maghery have became so bad. They are a good bunch of lads and i have grown up playing against them all my life. So you could say i am asking for the reason why they have went backwards. I wasn't aware they were missing many players and i certainly wasn't comparing them to the clans. You have then came on in response and compared them to the  clans last two seasons I was merley using that comparison from the championship game as a yard stick . You keep pointing out that they drew with the clans and of course they did but that has absolutely nothing to do with what i am saying.

You have indicated that you have a lot of injuries and this certainly wouldn't help. You have then said they have gone backwards, which was what i was saying. I am still wondering what are the main reasons why.
as you know wee are a small club win with a small panel so when 3 r 4 men get injured we struggle to replace them with players as strong,but this year is the worst i have ever seen,also the management of the past 5 years steped down,thinking it would be in the teams best interest but it hasnt worked out that way.the new management cant seem to get outta the boys what the past manager did,so this is maybe why.But sure i will jump on the bandwagan and blame the refferees for our downfall. ;D ;)

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

North Armagh Gaelic Week - June 21st - 28th - Cumann Lúthchleas Gael - Coiste Ceantair Tuaisceart Ard Mhacha CLG

Apologies if this has already been posted elsewhere:

Shaping our Future (Forbairt agus Fás) sets out a strategic vision for Gaelic Football across the Borough of Craigavon.  Part of this vision includes the implementation of an annual Gaelic Week that would showcase all aspects of Gaelic Games and Gaelic Culture.  You are cordially invited to the launch of:

What is Gaelic Week about?
The primary aim of Gaelic Week is to showcase a range of activities - on & off the field - that will better promote & celebrate GAA games and culture across North Armagh.

Where did the idea come from?

The Shaping our Future strategy, which all Clubs signed up to, commits North Armagh to host an annual Gaelic Week to better promote our games & culture.

Who is involved?
A working group was established by the North Board sometime ago to develop the strategy and roll out the actions. Club chairmen and secretaries were invited to a meeting in March when it was explained further help with Gaelic Week was required. The following clubs/people are currently involved:
Clan na Gael - Paul O'Hagan, Diarmaid Marsden
Clonmore - Gerry Cunningham
Eire Og - Padraic McKeever, Stephen Moore
Maghery - Malachy Heaney
Sarsfields - Conor Creaney
St Paul's - Pat Mallon
St Peter's - Annette Mulholland, Laurence O'Connor, Jimmy Magee
AN Others - Liam McCorry, Eamon McCausland, Pat McGleenon

What is involved?
The plan is for all GAA Clubs in North Armagh to participate in Gaelic Week through various sporting and cultural events. The following programme has been drafted:
• Under 12, 14 & 16 Football Championship Finals.
• B Championship Final.
• Pat McMahon Cup & Shield Finals.
• Recreational (Social) GAA, i.e. a series of fun-filled games/activities for the "over 35s"in an attempt to encourage older people to take up exercise and physical recreation and perhaps renew their relationship with their Club. Note - Ulster Council is using Gaelic Week to launch this initiative.
• Workshops for coaches/leaders/volunteers/young people, facilitated by tutors who are regarded as experts in their chosen field.
• Community focused events - Scor, folk & traditional music, story-telling, Ceili and a Talk-GAA programme involving well known personalities, e.g. Joe Brolly.

The climax of the week will be a Mass in St Peter's Church, Lurgan at 12Noon on the 28th followed by a parade led by The Artane Boys Band, from Antrim Road, along North Street, Church Place, down Edward Street to Davitt Park, Francis Street for an open-air, family-focused, alcohol free concert starting at 2pm and finishing no later than 5pm.

Who is meetinq the cost?
The working group has secured funding from a small number of local businesses. In addition, an application for funding has been submitted to Craigavon Council. Also, Clubs, particularly those hosting off-the-field activities, may be asked to make a small donation in the order of £250.
"Something wrong with your eyes?....
Yes, they're sensitive to questions!"

winsamsoon

This is an absolute fantastic idea and may just provide that little extra boost that we need in north armagh. This should spark a bit of life back into the area if the people come out and give their support to it. The lads involved in organising it should take a pat on the back because this area has been crying out for such a thing and it is about time we got it.

It should be a great week for all concerned, bringing our culture and games to the fore. As an added bonus we even got to put buntings up in our own town close to the 12th and they are not red , white and blue. :D :D
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

illdecide

Heard last night that the Ogs will be playing with all their county men against the Clans on sunday with the exceptions of A Mallon and R Clarke...

Fair play to McDonnell he is letting the squad members get a game with their club rather than waste away on the sidelines with Armagh...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

bubbles

Quote from: illdecide on June 20, 2008, 02:16:57 PM
Heard last night that the Ogs will be playing with all their county men against the Clans on sunday with the exceptions of A Mallon and R Clarke...

Fair play to McDonnell he is letting the squad members get a game with their club rather than waste away on the sidelines with Armagh...

This is good to see. Should be an interesting game now as clans would possibly have been slight favourites as they would have had a full team and the ogs would have been missing alot. Now they're only missing 2 players who are easily replaced :D Think they might have a couple injured too. Clans will be looking revenge for being beat at davitt park and are coming off the back of a good run of results

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: illdecide on June 20, 2008, 02:16:57 PM

first I heard of it but the more the merrier

umgolaarmagh

Jesus them ogs ones must have a say on the county board, this would not have happen a year or two ago  ;D