Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gaapunter

Quote from: winsamsoon on June 17, 2008, 01:08:56 PM
Played maghery there last night in the pat mc mahon cup and i will stick by what i said a few weeks back. That is the worst maghery team i have ever seen. They have gone backwards something shocking. When them lads were just breaking into the senior ranks they put up a better performance than they are doing now that they have experience. It usually works the other way around, with the experience making them better players. This hasn't been the case with maghery. It just looked like ateam of individuals with no fight. Any other time we play maghery there has always at the least been a bit of fight in them.

clans 5-16 maghery 2-8 winsam speaks for itself- great to see

open her out

Anyone got the Intermediate Championship fixtures an dates?

TacadoirArdMhacha

Courtesy of Orchardcounty.com

Friday 25 July
Intermediate Football Championship – 1st Round
Crossmaglen II v St Patrick's at Silverbridge (7.30)
Collegeland v Keady at Abbey Park (7.30)
Annaghmore v Wolfe Tones at Maghery (7.30)

Saturday 26 July
Culloville v Lissummon at Carrickcruppen (7.30)
Clonmore v Madden at Pearse Og Park (7.30)
Ballyhegan v St Peter's at Portadown (7.30)

Sunday 27 July
Silverbridge v St Paul's at Abbey Park (7.30)
An Port Mor v Sarsfields at Ballyhegan (7.30)

Friday/Saturday/Sunday 15/16/17 August
Intermediate Football Championship – Quarter-Finals

Saturday/Sunday 13/14 September
Intermediate Football Championship – Semi-Finals

Sunday 5 October
Intermediate Football Championship FINAL

First round would be subject to Armagh not being in the second round of qualifiers (at least for teams like ourselves with county players). Assume if Armagh lose an Ulster final and are in a round 3 qualifier the next week (2nd August), they'll call off the games involving county men?
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

loughshorelad

Quote from: winsamsoon on June 17, 2008, 01:08:56 PM
Played maghery there last night in the pat mc mahon cup and i will stick by what i said a few weeks back. That is the worst maghery team i have ever seen. They have gone backwards something shocking. When them lads were just breaking into the senior ranks they put up a better performance than they are doing now that they have experience. It usually works the other way around, with the experience making them better players. This hasn't been the case with maghery. It just looked like ateam of individuals with no fight. Any other time we play maghery there has always at the least been a bit of fight in them.

what i have heard is maghery had 4 r 5 senior players and the rest were the minor team so wouldnt read to much in2 it. did the clans and maghery(the worst maghery team u have ever seen)draw in the league when it really counted for something.

back off the net

well done to ciaran mc keever and the armagh team.lets hope they can take down in there next game.

winsamsoon

yeah loughshore we did draw in the league and we were absolutely brutal that day so what did that make maghery??? Have a wee look at the league table. 4 points from 11 games is hardly a great return. Maybe they have been playing their minor team all year? If so this is a dodgy way to operate because they won't just click they're fingers and gets points to save them from relegation at the end of the year.

So by saying you wouldn't read too much into it, you would be denying that things are going bad at maghery. As i have said things were going better when them lads had no experience at senior level. They played us a few years back in the championship in Abbey park and they were very unlucky. We got to a championship final that year and won the league and where perhaps playing the best football we had been playing in a long while. If the same game was tommorrow i would say the result would be a foregone conclusion and we are by no means playing well at the moment. I just think the maghery set up has collapsed.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

Goats Do Shave

What's your grievance with Maghery?

Clans have only won 4 from 11 - not long after playing their best football in years! ???

bennydorano

Cross v Harps is at 12noon on Sunday on the 'Council pitch'.

winsamsoon

Goats if you learn to read things properly you will understand that i have no grievance with maghery at all. I am simply making an observation . From what i have seen this year they have gone backwards as a team (i was using their league position to jusitfy this). They are still fairly young but they don't seem to be progressing. The year they played us in the championship at abbey park (we were playing well that year) they could have beaten us and it was only in the last ten we pulled away. This was a young maghery team aswell. These lads are still playing and i am saying, from what i have seen this year they have gone backwards from then. In no way did i compare them to the clans or speak as though i had a grievance with them ( i actually ould like to see them stronger because it would make north Armagh more competitive). I also acknowledged that things haven't been going well for us this year.

It is not a personal attack on maghery it is merely an observation about the maghery team

I hope you can manage to read this correctly goats as you obviously couldn't interpret the first two posts.

illdecide

I see i didn't miss much on the board from my ban, i wonder who reported me to the mod ::) ::)

Winsam i know what you're saying and you're correct.

Maghery are def a better team than their league position states (i know the old saying the league table doesnt lie) things must not be clicking for them this year, i've all the time in the world for the Maghery men as they are a very honest and dedicated bunch of lads...(espically the older clan ;))

I see the Clans play the Ogs on Sunday and then the final of the Pat cup on Monday night. 2 games in 2 days, hopefully the north board will see sense and move the final till Tuesday or Wed...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: winsamsoon on June 18, 2008, 10:30:07 AM
Goats if you learn to read things properly you will understand that i have no grievance with maghery at all. I am simply making an observation . From what i have seen this year they have gone backwards as a team (i was using their league position to jusitfy this). They are still fairly young but they don't seem to be progressing. The year they played us in the championship at abbey park (we were playing well that year) they could have beaten us and it was only in the last ten we pulled away. This was a young maghery team aswell. These lads are still playing and i am saying, from what i have seen this year they have gone backwards from then. In no way did i compare them to the clans or speak as though i had a grievance with them ( i actually ould like to see them stronger because it would make north Armagh more competitive). I also acknowledged that things haven't been going well for us this year.

It is not a personal attack on maghery it is merely an observation about the maghery team

I hope you can manage to read this correctly goats as you obviously couldn't interpret the first two posts.

Please accept my sincere apologies, i will try to 'read things properly' in the future.

In my second attempt at 'Interpreting' your posts I now feel the sense of frustration you are feeling towards the loughshore club!

Uladh

What did you get banned for boss?

corn02

Surely Cullyhanna will walk the intermediate this year?

illdecide

Quote from: Uladh on June 18, 2008, 11:11:58 AM

What did you get banned for boss?

There is a certain guy on the board that gets up my nose so i cracked like an egg and called him a 6 letter word that begins with W(don't want to get banned again) and told him what i thought of him so he reported me to the mod and the rest is history...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

winsamsoon

That is the lowest i have heard of someone going yet. It is different if there is a torent of abuse being directed at someone but one freudian slip wouldn't kill anyone.