Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

umgolaarmagh

if that was the case then there would be few players around

winsamsoon

No common sense most prevail but in the Tir Na Nog incident a lifetime ban ie required. No thug should be allowed back onto a gaelic field if he kicks someone on the head whilst they are lying on the ground. Especially when they are doing it at underage. What will he be like when his taws drop.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

corn02

But that is exactly DnR point. If it is a lifetime ban we will never know if he regrest his mistake. Five years could be sufficent and maybe a bit harsh.

pdown79

Quote from: winsamsoon on June 13, 2008, 12:31:28 PM
No common sense most prevail but in the Tir Na Nog incident a lifetime ban ie required. No thug should be allowed back onto a gaelic field if he kicks someone on the head whilst they are lying on the ground. Especially when they are doing it at underage. What will he be like when his taws drop.

He might just get a two year ban but i seriously think he'll have to join another cluib as i doubt tir na nog will let him back. However, the young fella who got the kick was no saint either. He was rrunning about the field battering people and there mjst have been 5 off the ball incidents involving him. Him and the "accused" were fighting,he got knocked to the ground and the boot followed. Typical of a dirty streetfight and theres no place for it on a pitch in the GAA or any other sport mind you.

Broken_Cross

Quote from: pdown79 on June 13, 2008, 01:00:52 PM
Quote from: winsamsoon on June 13, 2008, 12:31:28 PM

He might just get a two year ban but i seriously think he'll have to join another cluib as i doubt tir na nog will let him back. However, the young fella who got the kick was no saint either. He was rrunning about the field battering people and there mjst have been 5 off the ball incidents involving him. Him and the "accused" were fighting,he got knocked to the ground and the boot followed. Typical of a dirty streetfight and theres no place for it on a pitch in the GAA or any other sport mind you.

so what length of ban did the other guy get?

winsamsoon

Corn i am not interested whether five years down the line he feels sorry for what he did. My concern is for the safety of other players especially the lad that took the boot to the face. I don't see why the GAA should go out of it's way to accomodate a guy who carried out this act of thuggery. The lad in question doesn't deserve any other chances IMO. Maybe that is just me but very rarely does a leopard change it's spots.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

corn02

If murderers get a second chance when getting out of jail surely somewere in the five year region is suitable. Young and stupid, hopefully he will grow and regret his actions and if he does, wouldn't it be a shame if he NEVER got the chance to play again.

Uladh

A lifetime ban is 96 weeks under GAA rules

doire na raithe

My point is, when deciding on punishment we must be rational. Firstly, punishment should not be affected in anyway by the victims injuries. Who should be punished more severely, a player who kicks a another in the head while lying on the ground but the victim suffers no injury, or a player who shoulders another in the chest and the victim suffers serious lung injuries and complications and dies? A big part of the gaa is to give young people some structure and discipline, not to just abandon them because they have made a mistake.

anportmorforjfc

Any results from 2nights games?

crossfire

Division 1

Cross beat Cullaville 3-17 to 3-03

mousey

Quote from: anportmorforjfc on June 13, 2008, 09:47:32 PM
cruppen beat an port mor not sure the score tho

anportmorforjfc

Quote from: mousey on June 13, 2008, 10:06:26 PM

it Was 1-6 to 0-3 to cruppen at ht, but i left. Had seen enough  >:(

mousey

Quote from: anportmorforjfc on June 13, 2008, 10:10:03 PM

Quote from: mousey on June 13, 2008, 10:06:26 PM

it Was 1-6 to 0-3 to cruppen at ht, but i left. Had seen enough  >:(
were uze bad or cruppen good????............................shanes beat dorsey emmets lookin like div 3 for shanes

anportmorforjfc

think we had 9 wides and hit the crossbar. Cruppens goal was very fortunate. Miss hit free. Both the goalkepper and corner back left it for each other and the ball rolled into the net. But take nothin away from cruppen great forwards and very strong defence. Should be pushing for promotion