Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: ardasell on June 04, 2008, 11:04:39 AM
Maybe still stirring an empty pot, but I keep hearing that all the O'Rourkes have walked out of Dromintee (not sure if that includes Malachy btw) over Loughran-gate.

Any truth in the rumour

Was told that the other night by the mammy.  Don't know how much is in it

bailemhiccholla

A mate with me here has just said that would do Dromintee the world of good!!  :o

Uladh

Heard quite a bit of the oul rumours myself (some more outlandish tha others!) but didn't hear that.
Can't see how division 3 football would do dromintee the world of good though.

bennydorano

If they did leave, what would be their likely destination?  They'd hardly play for another club in Armagh would they?  Follow McArdle into Louth?

corn02

Uladh

Sure they wouldn't get a game anywhere else!

gaapunter

Quote from: Uladh on June 04, 2008, 12:57:29 PM

Sure they wouldn't get a game anywhere else!

[EDited by Mod3] - they are gifted footballers and Dromintee would struggle without them

holylandsniper

Quote from: Uladh on June 04, 2008, 12:46:53 PM

Heard quite a bit of the oul rumours myself (some more outlandish tha others!) but didn't hear that.
Can't see how division 3 football would do dromintee the world of good though.

You mean without 3 good players Dromintee will end up in Division 3??

corn02

I think there a little more than good players, plus I think it was a bit tongue-in-cheek.

holylandsniper

Probaly are better than that but no player(s) from any team club or county are bigger than the team

corn02

Don't think anyone suggested that.

bud

IVEDECIDED

I think the only one they would really miss is Aidan - Marty is a liability and Micheal isnt what hes cracked up to be. It would give others the chance to stand up and be counted which is sometimes exactly what a club needs.

corn02

Ivedecided is the winner of stupidest post of the year.

No idea Bud, first I have heard of it.

winsamsoon

They would miss every single one of the o' Rourkes if they actually leave. But it would be like everything else it may take time but they would be replaced in time. But in the short term it would certainly be a big loss to them.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.