Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

full back

Ah FFS knifeinfork - you were yapping the other day about people putting up useless posts.Catch a grip of yourself and crawl under the stone you came from

trueblue

malaysians,chinese japanese thai ya know wat i mean the point im making is the same there must be a horde of the whores somewhere up the back of maughans  :D :D

if there is that many then very few of them play football. we had 21 players available for the play off final and at full strength we wouldnt have any more than 25 lads capable of playing in the team without unduly weakening it

some of those other teams like cross silverbridge dromintee etc have a far bigger catchment area. for example the bridge have their wee village plus glasdrmmand and that whole surrounding area and them and cross have the area stretching from cross out to the bridge ie creggan

full back

If there was a young lad living between Croos/Bridge, Cross/Cullyhanna or Cross/Culloville it is more likely that his parents would push for him to join Cross, simply because of the success that they have encountered in recent years.
Dont get me wrong plenty of families have history with other clubs and will stay loyal but any family with kids that have no real allegiance would surely plump for Cross.
Perhaps another reason for the larger pick

Orior

I'd say it depends on who his Dad played for.

And to a lessor extent who his mates play for, who hist mammy played for etc etc etc
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

trueblue

no word of big colm coming out that ive heard anyway. sure he wouldnt get his place if he did  ;D ;D.

Quote from: full back on January 11, 2007, 11:37:41 AM
If there was a young lad living between Croos/Bridge, Cross/Cullyhanna or Cross/Culloville it is more likely that his parents would push for him to join Cross, simply because of the success that they have encountered in recent years.
Dont get me wrong plenty of families have history with other clubs and will stay loyal but any family with kids that have no real allegiance would surely plump for Cross.
Perhaps another reason for the larger pick
[/quote

wat seems to be happening with some younger ones whos fathers played for culloville is that they are living in cross now and even though they played for culloville themselves their children are opting to play for cross. this is proving to be a big problem for us because we are losing out on good young players regularly.

also a lot of cross ones go to the local school in clonalig and then go to secondary school in cross and end up making the switch to join cross because most of their friends are from cross. it is definitly hampering us a lot with not hat many young lads coming through for the future

trueblue

yeah leos and scout mc keowns are both playing for cross

pintsofguinness

trueblue
Quoteits called culloville north of the border and cullaville south of the border. were the feck are these figures coming from about the number of people living in culloville? unless there is 100 of the chinese ones that work in the restaurant living somewhere i doubt ther is that many in our village Cheesy Cheesy.

there is absolutely no way culloville has a bigger pick than siolverbridge. sure doesnt cross steal 3 or 4 of our players every year anyway  Wink Roll Eyes

rhe cuaville on the south of the border starts as u go on down past the football field and unless these figures are included those who live south of the border then the figures are definitly wrong
Did you read my post at all? The figures are coming from the census done in 2001, the UK census of the south armagh village called cullaville.  I think we can all assume what cullaville they're talking about.  They didnt make them up, maybe it includes some of the surrounding areas but are you trying to say your club has a catchment area of less than 275? How members do yous have?
Anyway, my post was not an attempt to show the exact catchment area of clubs but just to compare the difference between Cross and some of the other south armagh clubs in terms of pick.

some of those other teams like cross silverbridge dromintee etc have a far bigger catchment area. for example the bridge have their wee village plus glasdrmmand and that whole surrounding area and them and cross have the area stretching from cross out to the bridge ie creggan
Nope, you didn't read my post.  I said Cross have about 99% of creggan and they certainly have the Newry road probably to about a half a mile from forde's cross.  They've also got out the monug road, about 4 mile of it right out into clarnagh (sp?) and eat away at Bridge terrority of cornongh(sp?) and coolderry. 

It's hard to say what the Bridge pick would be, we're probably the most scattered of all the clubs. We've Glassdrummond and Tullydonnell but both would be smaller than silverbridge, all three combined would probably have a similar population to creggan.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

corn02

Dromintee whores? Ah come off it Pint have I not worked you round yet?  :)

pintsofguinness

Quote from: corn02 on January 11, 2007, 10:26:23 PM
Dromintee whores? Ah come off it Pint have I not worked you round yet?  :)
I could have called yous worse!

Fergal and Noel Reel are the new Bridge managers  ;D

I don't suppose anyone has any details on the suspensions St. Pats got the other night, I hear about 10 of them got between 3 and 6 months, Casey, the manager got 4, Mackin 3 and a McKeever got 6 (though I don't know if that's Ciaran or not). I hear it doesn't affect the county team???  As far as I know they're free to play in the championship next year, what a joke! Should have got far more!
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

holylandsniper

No Club and County Suspensions are seperate

lurganblue

rumour has it that the armagh match has now been fixed for davitt park instead of cross on sunday. any truth?

David McKeown

RTE are saying the game is in davitt.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

holylandsniper

Why that?
I no cross is bad but not that bad,
Also dunno if this has been mentione before, but Armagh v Louth in National League is down for a Saturday night at 7.30pm, where is it being played?

Hank Everlast

Anyone know if theres truth to the rumour that J.P Donnelly has crossed enemy lines and made the switch to the ogs!!