Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

naka

diesal  smuggler why is the cruppen game off on sunday, also is the u21 game definitely on thursday(  have to arra nge for celtic game to be taped)

billy the kid

Quote from: stpauls on May 20, 2008, 09:18:18 PM
Quote from: sean og on May 20, 2008, 07:59:26 PM
Rumour has it that p loughran is transfering to
ballyholland or burren?

if he is that desperate to get out of clady, can someone pass on my mobile number to him and he can come and play for us!!!  ;D

Why would anyone want someone like that who jumps ship to try and win something with a better team.  He isnt even much of a player just very big and sure he cost Clady any chance they had in the junior last year when he stasrted acting like a spoilt child and got sent of.  Prima Donna and for no reason I can see. Everyone should stay well clear of this glory hunter.

Clady are a small team playing div4 who are never going to achieve much but they coached him at underage and brought him through and now he pulls this sort of shit.

Not that it really matters or anything but the lad isnt the prettiest either. 

If it moves hit it
If it doesnt hit it anyway!!

Stevie Nicks

Quote from: twotwocharlie on May 20, 2008, 09:14:40 PM
looks like burren

That would leave Burren with an all Armagh Midfield as Anthony Cunningham is already there.

stew

Great win for the Harps against Dromintee, I am delighted to see that the Harps are on the upswing and I really enjoy the reports on Armagh football, especially the Harps reports, thanks Benny/Rufus.

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Against the Breeze

Quote from: naka on May 21, 2008, 11:25:35 AM
diesal  smuggler why is the cruppen game off on sunday, also is the u21 game definitely on thursday(  have to arra nge for celtic game to be taped)

Naka I am guessig it is because Armagh play London in te Hurling Championship on Sunday and half or more of the Keady team are also on the county hurling team

doire na raithe

Quote from: billy the kid on May 21, 2008, 12:28:11 PM
Quote from: stpauls on May 20, 2008, 09:18:18 PM
Quote from: sean og on May 20, 2008, 07:59:26 PM
Rumour has it that p loughran is transfering to
ballyholland or burren?

if he is that desperate to get out of clady, can someone pass on my mobile number to him and he can come and play for us!!!  ;D

Why would anyone want someone like that who jumps ship to try and win something with a better team.  He isnt even much of a player just very big and sure he cost Clady any chance they had in the junior last year when he stasrted acting like a spoilt child and got sent of.  Prima Donna and for no reason I can see. Everyone should stay well clear of this glory hunter.

Clady are a small team playing div4 who are never going to achieve much but they coached him at underage and brought him through and now he pulls this sort of shit.

Not that it really matters or anything but the lad isnt the prettiest either. 

I can't understand why any club would refuse one of their players a transfer. From what I hear the Clady committee voted unaminously to refuse his transfer request. Surely if a player made it perfectly clear they didn't want to play for your club you'd want them out the door as fast as possible? Leads me to believe they only refused it out of spite.

I am not for a minute advocating that it is right for good footballers to leave low standing clubs but I would like you to consider this interesting point...

Lets turn the situation on its head. Philip Loughran obviously believes he is too good to be playing in Division 4 and wants to play for Dromintee in Division 1 where he clearly feels he would be better suited. What if a very peripheral Dromintee player believed that he was not good enough to be playing in Division 1 and felt he would be better suited to a Division 3 or 4 side. Would any questions be asked if this player tried to transfer in the opposite direction?

Rav67

I think you're angling for a move doire

doire na raithe

naka

"against the breeze"
noted thanks forgot about the hurlers

joebloggs

Someone said that he is moving becuase he has been told that he wont get playing for Armagh unless he was playing at a higher level.

Orior

Quote from: joebloggs on May 21, 2008, 06:21:04 PM
Someone said that he is moving becuase he has been told that he wont get playing for Armagh unless he was playing at a higher level.

Thats about the height of it and nobody can blame him for that.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Orior on May 21, 2008, 06:49:19 PM

I'd say that's the case.  I am not being smart arsed here by saying this nad I don't know the reason why he chose Dromintee to transfer to, but i'd suggest that he didn't look to go to Cross as he would not be guaranteed to play.  He would automatically be behind David Mckenna and I presume that Tony Mac will be there and I rate both of the higher than Loughran.

What's the bets he moves to a Down club and returns to Dromintee in a few seasons.

Yes I Would

Think the fact that he has moved to and is working in Newry area may be a factor in him looking a move. Would imagine this along with the fact that he maybe feels he doesnt have too many more years of senior football left, and feels he needs to make the move, to a club in that area at a higher level of football.

Agree if the lad wants to go then Clady should let him go. Am sure its a decision he hasnt taken lightly. Equally as i mentioned earlier i think Drumintee committee  are to be applauded for taking the decison they did and the reasons for it! Easy answer would have been to approve proposed transfer.

doire na raithe

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on May 21, 2008, 06:58:36 PM
Quote from: Orior on May 21, 2008, 06:49:19 PM

I'd say that's the case.  I am not being smart arsed here by saying this nad I don't know the reason why he chose Dromintee to transfer to, but i'd suggest that he didn't look to go to Cross as he would not be guaranteed to play.  He would automatically be behind David Mckenna and I presume that Tony Mac will be there and I rate both of the higher than Loughran.

What's the bets he moves to a Down club and returns to Dromintee in a few seasons.

There's more chance of Oisin McConville finishing out his career playing for Dromintee B team.

brokencrossbar1

Maybe not Dromintee but perhaps Carrickcruppen