Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yes I Would

Could be wrong but thought there was a fall out in Camloch over departure of Gaughran from Camlough few years back. Think his father after a lifetimes service walked away after club refused the transfer and plater had to wait an extra year!!
Think any club has a duty to nurture young players through their ranks, and i applaud Drumintee committee for taking this stance, as the easy option would have been to try and take a so called big name player!

full back

Quote from: Yes I Would on May 19, 2008, 05:30:50 PM
Could be wrong but thought there was a fall out in Camloch over departure of Gaughran from Camlough few years back.

You might be right there yes...

corn02

And I could be wrong about Gaughran, I am not certain on the issue. Either way if he waited the year effectively we didn't poach him as he was a 'free-agent'.

pintsofguinness

Tac
QuoteThe pig racing was in 2006. Strange your only picking up on this "gossip" now. Now I don't go to mass in Cullyhanna every Sunday but that sounds like one of the most ridiculous and brazen lies I've ever heard.
Yes I know it was, it wasn't long after the Cross incident.  It's a pity you can only take your head out of the sand long enough to call me a liar rather than answer any other point.
If I was lying about something like this I think I'd make up something more recent and I'd probably say I heard it myself. 
But even though you don't be at mass every sunday you're probably right, you'd know if he said it or not and I'm a liar  ::) - and if I was lying how the f**k would I remember Cullyhanna having pig racing 2 years ago!

I do think he was probably winding but he must have no sense if he couldn't see the bad feeling between the clubs and that comments like that are not going to help, as your club mate pointed out there are silverbridge people from that parish Fr Cullen doesnt think of them things.
I could not imagine a priest standing on the alter in Cross talking about the pigs from Cullaville. 

There are a lot of people I know that would list him as one of the reasons for the shite that goes on but personally I just think he has no cop on.

Goats or Heganboy has he ever bothered with his own club?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

TacadoirArdMhacha

QuoteBut even though you don't be at mass every sunday you're probably right, you'd know if he said it or not and I'm a liar

I didn't call you a liar. I said the story was likely a lie but sure it wasn't something you witnessed, it was a lie you heard. Not your fault you've poor sources Pints and I wouldn't dream of blaming you for that.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

pintsofguinness

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on May 19, 2008, 06:55:13 PM
QuoteBut even though you don't be at mass every sunday you're probably right, you'd know if he said it or not and I'm a liar

I didn't call you a liar. I said the story was likely a lie but sure it wasn't something you witnessed, it was a lie you heard. Not your fault you've poor sources Pints and I wouldn't dream of blaming you for that.

I honestly don't think my source would have told a lie in their life and they wouldnt give a f**k about either club, they'd be more worried about the fact he done it from the alter. 

full back

Quote from: pintsofguinness on May 19, 2008, 06:58:48 PM
I honestly don't think my source would have told a lie in their life

Jesus Christ?

pintsofguinness

Quote from: full back on May 19, 2008, 07:06:29 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on May 19, 2008, 06:58:48 PM
I honestly don't think my source would have told a lie in their life

Jesus Christ?
Yes my child?

doire na raithe

I personally can't see any differences between the Gaughran transfer and the proposed Loughran transfer.

full back

Quote from: corn02 on May 19, 2008, 06:16:31 PM
And I could be wrong about Gaughran, I am not certain on the issue. Either way if he waited the year effectively we didn't poach him as he was a 'free-agent'.

So if Loughran takes a year out then it is ok?
There is no difference

doire na raithe

Sorry, can I just point out also that there was absolutely no atempt of "poaching" in this Loughran case. He wanted to leave Clady and wanted to join our club.

Real1995

any word from the dromintee / harps game??
Nice guys always finish second!

Aghdavoyle

Harps won easily by 6 o 7. should have been far more. dromintee are a bad division 2 team without aidan o'rourke

doire na raithe

Not at it cos am too busy pretending to study but apparently we were beat by 6.

doire na raithe

Quote from: Aghdavoyle on May 19, 2008, 08:49:33 PM

Harps won easily by 6 o 7. should have been far more. dromintee are a bad division 2 team without aidan o'rourke

Dromintee have essentially been without Aidan O'Rourke for most of their league games for many years prior to Aidan being dropped from Armagh in 2006. They have rarely struggled during any of those years.