Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

full back

Quote from: twotwocharlie on May 19, 2008, 02:46:07 PM
the story goes that fearon did resign after taking a lot of shit from the o rourkes. it seems the vote was tied on the transfer in question and the chairman cast to keep the status quo as is traditional.

Thats what he told me as well charlie

doire na raithe

Maybe you were both speaking to the same gossip merchant.

full back

Glad to hear all is well within the club doire....
BTW, why didnt you want Loughran?
He would certainly help you lot

twotwocharlie

Doire what goes on within a club should stay in the club. my info came 3rd hand from a slabber living in dromintee originally from sbridge.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: twotwocharlie on May 19, 2008, 03:21:43 PM
Doire what goes on within a club should stay in the club. my info came 3rd hand from a slabber living in dromintee originally from sbridge.

Is that a family of slabbers originally from Silverbridge and now living in Dromintee :P

doire na raithe

Quote from: twotwocharlie on May 19, 2008, 03:21:43 PM
yeah I agree, fairplay.

Aghdavoyle

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on May 19, 2008, 03:41:29 PM
Is that a family of slabbers originally from Silverbridge and now living in Dromintee :P

The family you're probably referring to have always lived in dromintee? their da is a blow in though!

doire na raithe

Quote from: full back on May 19, 2008, 03:11:45 PM
Well, as I said, the club did reject his transfer for traditional reasons. He isnt from Dromintee nor does he have any connection with the club. Thats basically it, there was strong wave of opinion that the club didnt want to be one of 'those' types of clubs.

Onion Bag

Quote from: Candyman on May 19, 2008, 08:46:36 AM
ARMAGH ALL-COUNTY LEAGUE TABLES AT SUNDAY 18 MAY 2008

ACL - Division One
TEAM P W D L Pts
Crossmaglen 6 5 1 0 11
St Patrick's 7 5 0 2 10
Culloville 6 4 1 1 9
Pearse Og 6 4 1 1 9
Mullaghbawn 6 3 1 2 7
Clan na Gael 7 2 2 3 6
Dromintee 6 2 1 3 5
Harps 6 1 2 3 4
Killeavey 7 1 0 6 2
Maghery 6 0 1 5 1

ACL - Division Two
TEAM P W D L Pts
St Michael's 7 5 0 2 10
Tir na nÓg 7 5 0 2 10
Sarsfields 7 5 0 2 10
Clann Eireann 6 4 0 2 8
Granemore 6 4 0 2 8
Ballymacnab 7 3 1 3 7
Carrickcruppen 7 3 1 3 7
Silverbridge 7 3 0 4 6
Wolfe Tones 7 3 0 4 6
An Port Mor 7 2 0 5 4
Keady 5 1 0 4 2
Whitecross 7 1 0 6 2

Candyman,

You dont have the tables fro div 3 & 4 by an chance?
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

winsamsoon

Uladh i am only working from the information i hve got here so i wouldn't be 20 % sure the words were said.

On the issue of loughran, If Dromintee rejected the transfer fo traditional reasons then fair play till them. They can leave the merchaneries to cross ;)
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

corn02

I know we have taken players in before but the reason we rejected was because Clady were not happy about him leaving, the club  decided against it for that reason and I appluad them for it.

full back

Quote from: doire na raithe on May 19, 2008, 03:50:33 PM
Quote from: full back on May 19, 2008, 03:11:45 PM
Well, as I said, the club did reject his transfer for traditional reasons. He isnt from Dromintee nor does he have any connection with the club. Thats basically it, there was strong wave of opinion that the club didnt want to be one of 'those' types of clubs.

Oliver Gaughran ???

AFS

I'm sure Loughran isn't flavour of the month around Clady these days. What were his reasons for wanting to leave? Is he simply glory hunting or did he have a falling out with his home club?

TacadoirArdMhacha

QuoteI heard a funny story a couple of weeks ago and maybe some of you can confirm if it's true. Cullyhanna had that pig racing or something and apparently the same priest made the announcement on the alter and followed it with 'maybe the pigs from silverbridge will join us'. Considering the relationship between the clubs that was very helpful.
It's a strange thing for a ballyhegan man who can be found in our resource centre 4 or 5 nights a week to say.

The pig racing was in 2006. Strange your only picking up on this "gossip" now. Now I don't go to mass in Cullyhanna every Sunday but that sounds like one of the most ridiculous and brazen lies I've ever heard.

QuoteI thought Martin Mc Quillan was managing Cullyhanna the year. When we played them up there i was chatting to him and asumed he had taken over the reins. Who is this other guys you are refering too?? Has he white hair, because there was a guy with white hair trouncing about also.

Steven Casey (the fella with the white hair) is the manager. Martin McQuillan is back for a second stint as trainer.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

corn02

See my post fullback, as I said we have taken in players. I think Gaughran was the only one who was not a Dromintee man. Shanes had accepted he was for leaving, Clady did not want Loughran to leave so that is the reason declined it I am led to believe.