Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twotwocharlie

Sorry uladh if my scribblings are not up to your standards but you must take into account they are intended for beyond drumill bridge.
Any best of luck in the championship.
p.s i see s.reel has been infected with a violent virus found mostly in roaming packs. safety in numbers and all that.

Yes I Would

dont you mean condemned???

What happened was wrong. Parents are responsible for what their children get up to at discos and bars, not football clubs. If charges are brought and stick, will then justice will be served. It is known that their is a small element of thugs around Cullyhanna who may have footballers within their ranks, and senior players, club members should do their best to discourage them from getting involved in unruly actions. All football clubs are their to try and keep young lads away from this sort of activity, and Cullyhanna, i believe are no different.  

doire na raithe

Quote from: twotwocharlie on May 17, 2008, 09:41:25 AM
Taca are we talking about the same cullyhanna.
rose coloured glasses and all that.
mc keever is a very good player but should leave out the high elbows and going in with the knee to a man on the ground.
mackin is an average player how he got so long on the county the lord only knows.
your club has never condoned the thugs within and that a sorry fact.

Jesus Christ this guys an idiot.

Uladh

it is bloody ridiculous to hold an entire football club accountable for teenagers who row outside a disco.

more than that, it is ridiculous to label the entire membership of a club as thugs because of the actions of a few in the parish who may or not be members of the club.

Aportioning any part of blame to the parish priest beggars belief.

obviously feelings are running high over the issue but a bit of perspective wouldn't go amiss

pintsofguinness

YesI would
QuoteWhat happened was wrong. Parents are responsible for what their children get up to at discos and bars, not football clubs. If charges are brought and stick, will then justice will be served. It is known that their is a small element of thugs around Cullyhanna who may have footballers within their ranks, and senior players, club members should do their best to discourage them from getting involved in unruly actions. All football clubs are their to try and keep young lads away from this sort of activity, and Cullyhanna, i believe are no different.
Ha!  I would agree with you completely if the issue wasn't about football. 

Uladh
Quoteit is bloody ridiculous to hold an entire football club accountable for teenagers who row outside a disco.
Uladh, teenagers weren't rowing outside a disco! Several lads from Cullyhanna, led by two fo their players - targeted a Silverbridge player, firstly inside the place and then outside for no other reason other than he was a Silverbridge player.  CUllyhanna are happy for these to represent them and I assume you're happy for them to represent Armagh.  If Conal Quinn played for Dromintee I guarantee your view would be different - maybe you're theone that needs a bit of prespective.
Personally I wouldn't blame the priest, I know seany said something about him at a time but I don't think he blamed him, just said that he didn't help matters and although he's defended them and their actions always - I don't think he'd make much difference.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

crossfire

The Silverbridge faithful will be happy that the "home" team won, for a change, last night.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: crossfire on May 17, 2008, 11:26:26 AM
The Silverbridge faithful will be happy that the "home" team won, for a change, last night.
Ah come on crossfire did that take you all night?!!

pintsofguinness

Quote from: doire na raithe on May 17, 2008, 10:14:07 AM
Quote from: twotwocharlie on May 17, 2008, 09:41:25 AM
Taca are we talking about the same cullyhanna.
rose coloured glasses and all that.
mc keever is a very good player but should leave out the high elbows and going in with the knee to a man on the ground.
mackin is an average player how he got so long on the county the lord only knows.
your club has never condoned the thugs within and that a sorry fact.

Jesus Christ this guys an idiot.

myself and twotwocharlie have clashed several times on this thread but I have to ask, again, what in that statement isn't true? (assuming he means condemned). 

Uladh

Quote from: pintsofguinness on May 17, 2008, 11:20:09 AM
Uladh, teenagers weren't rowing outside a disco! Several lads from Cullyhanna, led by two fo their players - targeted a Silverbridge player, firstly inside the place and then outside for no other reason other than he was a Silverbridge player.  CUllyhanna are happy for these to represent them and I assume you're happy for them to represent Armagh. 

you do realise that your assertions have no basis in law and therefore what is right and wrong?

pintsofguinness

I don't understand what you mean?

Uladh

you're suggesting that cullyhanna should suspend these lads who are alleged to have been fighting in laceys. a couple of questions...

should every club member who is said to have been misbehaving in their own time be suspended?
should this apply to every club?
is it just for fighting or do you get suspended for adultry, being a bad parent, picking your nose?
who pays the money that will be awarded to those suspended when they take the club to court for defamation of charachter?

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Uladh on May 17, 2008, 01:11:40 PM

you're suggesting that cullyhanna should suspend these lads who are alleged to have been fighting in laceys. a couple of questions...

should every club member who is said to have been misbehaving in their own time be suspended?
should this apply to every club?
is it just for fighting or do you get suspended for adultry, being a bad parent, picking your nose?
who pays the money that will be awarded to those suspended when they take the club to court for defamation of charachter?

I wouldnt dream of telling Cullyhanna to do anything, I think at the very least they could have a look at what happened and, again, at the very least speak to those involved.  If it had been 'bridge players that had done similar I'd want the club to send a very clear message to them that such behaviour wasn't acceptable. 
Adultly, being a bad parent, picking your nose etc is none of the club's business because it has nothing to do with football. 

It's interesting you describe the incident as misbehaving - the second time you've tried to trivialise it.  Why is that?

Uladh

Not trying to trivialise it in the least but don't let that interfere with your paranoia. behaviour outside of football is for a higher authority to deal with.

At least you've now reduced your expectations to "having a word" which is realistically the absolute most a club can do in these circumstances.

pintsofguinness

QuoteAt least you've now reduced your expectations to "having a word" which is realistically the absolute most a club can do in these circumstances.
At the very least I've said - which is what I always thought. 

And you did try to trivialise it with your
"teenagers who row outside a disco" and "misbehaving"

Strange thing to say considering the injuries to the lads and we shouldnt forget Conal wasnt the only one.

I love the use of the word allegedly as well - as if there's some doubt  ::)

corn02

How do you suggest the club condone (condem) it Twotwio, a statement in the Irish News?