Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uladh

Quote from: pintsofguinness on May 16, 2008, 09:20:26 PM
The f**kers beat the bigger f**kers tonight in the 'bridge.

4 or 5 points in it. 

Now there's a possibility you were being tongue in cheek but the last one reflects only on the poster:

Quote from: twotwocharlie on May 16, 2008, 09:35:51 PM
just back from silverbridge. cross totally outplayed their nieghbours. McEntee out thought out played and out caught that asshole mackin. not one wrong move from cullyhanna. gutless display. afraid for their lives. tough nut mc keever stayed on the sideline.they know not to f**k with the rangers. but will probally take it out on some smaller team. no 11 for cullyhanna put in his place. great to watch. football 1 thugs 0.

pintsofguinness

QuoteNow there's a possibility you were being tongue in cheek but the last one reflects only on the poster:
Oh, you think?  :-\

charlie's post may have been harsh, but what's in it that's not true?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Uladh

Apart from sounding like it was crayoned by a 10 year old?

pintsofguinness

What has he said that's not true?

qub la la la

Quote from: doire na raithe on May 16, 2008, 01:20:21 PM
Quote from: cityslicker on May 16, 2008, 12:23:24 PM
rite who cares when the match is played who will prevail from the cruppen cross game.. the word is both team r missing vital players is there any truth in this?? would it b a worth while game 2 go 2 r will it just b a landslide victory 4the mighty cross

...well fingers crossed ;)

never thought i'd see the day.. its a pity the final will actually be the semi final.

Uladh

Quote from: twotwocharlie on May 16, 2008, 09:35:51 PM
just back from silverbridge. cross totally outplayed their nieghbours. McEntee out thought out played and out caught that asshole mackin. not one wrong move from cullyhanna. gutless display. afraid for their lives. tough nut mc keever stayed on the sideline.they know not to f**k with the rangers. but will probally take it out on some smaller team. no 11 for cullyhanna put in his place. great to watch. football 1 thugs 0.

You think its acceptable to blindly label a player an asshole?

implying cullyhanna are somehow afraid of big bad cross to score an obviously inaccurate and kidergarden cred point?

implying McKeever wasn't playing because he was somehow afraid of crossmaglen?

gloating in a player being injured?

Labelling an entire club club with a membership of maybe 500 as thugs?

which of it is true? grow up

pintsofguinness

You think its acceptable to blindly label a player an asshole?
Well if he is  one.

implying cullyhanna are somehow afraid of big bad cross to score an obviously inaccurate and kidergarden cred point?
Not how I read it, he said there wasn't a wrong move out of cullyhanna because they were afraid.

Quoteimplying McKeever wasn't playing because he was somehow afraid of crossmaglen?
I didn't pick that up from the comment, "tough nut mckeever stayed on the sideline". 

Quotegloating in a player being injured?
Who's injured? Who's gloating? 

Labelling an entire club club with a membership of maybe 500 as thugs?
I don't think the 500 of them would have been playing tonight.

I think you've been reading sammyg's posts too long!

twotwocharlie

tell me uladh how many of the magnificent 500 are not thugs. And by the way i'am almost twelve.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quotejust back from silverbridge. cross totally outplayed their nieghbours. McEntee out thought out played and out caught that asshole mackin. not one wrong move from cullyhanna. gutless display. afraid for their lives. tough nut mc keever stayed on the sideline.they know not to f**k with the rangers. but will probally take it out on some smaller team. no 11 for cullyhanna put in his place. great to watch. football 1 thugs 0.

I should probably adhere to the old saying about not entering a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent, but just for the record, yes Cross did outplay us in the second half. Mal Makin did ok but McEntee probably got the best of him. Your description of Mal says a lot more about you than it does about him. There were plenty of wrong moves from Cullyhanna but if its tackles you're referring to, I agree there were no yellow or red cards, which made the game pretty similar to every other match this year but sure don't let the facts get in the way of a good rant.

Yes Ciaran satyed on the line, but it was hardly of his own choice. To imply he is somehow afraid of makring any of a Cross forward line is laughable. If he was a Rangers man he'd be their best player.

Quotethey know not to f**k with the rangers.

I'm not sure if this is some sort of strange fantasy of your but as for the match, St Pat's gave all they had, I wouldn't fault their effort at all. Played hard and fair as usual and were beaten by a better team. We badly missed our two best players but we have to get used to dealing with the hand we're drawn.

Quotebut will probally take it out on some smaller team.

What is this supposed to mean. We've had one red card since 2006 - its as good a disciplinary record as any team in the county I'd say. Stick to the facts and keep your childish obsession to yourself.

Quoteno 11 for cullyhanna put in his place.

Paul done his best. At least he was out there giving it a go than slabbering nonsense from behind a computer screen like yourself.

football 1 thugs 0

You been taking the PintsofGuinness course on obsession with Cullyhanna?

Anyway, as stated above, Cross throughly deserved their win tonight. St Pat's stuck to the task gamely and were within 2 points with 15 to go but once the county lads game on, the game swung in Rangers' favour. They just had that bit of class up front which we lacked. We're always likely to struggle without Ciaran and Liam but we've have 1 back for Ogs on Sunday so hopefully we'll keep the good run going then.

Also smart move from Donal Murtagh on the line keeping the county alds on the bench to spring in the second half when the opponents beging to tire. Likely do the same on Sunday.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

pintsofguinness

QuoteWe've had one red card since 2006 - its as good a disciplinary record as any team in the county I'd say.

And how many assaults outside discos?

TacadoirArdMhacha

Aye pints right enough I'd forgotten that GAA clubs are responsible for everything anyone from their village (allegedly) does for every waking minute fo their life.

How do you know what happened anyway? You not a bit old for Laceys? Sure maybe Seany'll come back and yis can take turns in blaming the priest for the whole affair.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on May 17, 2008, 12:17:56 AM
Aye pints right enough I'd forgotten that GAA clubs are responsible for everything anyone from their village (allegedly) does for every waking minute fo their life.

How do you know what happened anyway? You not a bit old for Laceys? Sure maybe Seany'll come back and yis can take turns in blaming the priest for the whole affair.

Ah the oul Cullyhanna stance, I suppose it was a "few scuffles"?  I do happen to think a club is responsible if several of their players take an issue they have with another club to a disco and they should step in.  You've some neck on you to come on here and talk about your discipline record, I'll have to give you that one.

Btw, allegedly? Why what happened tacadoir, something different from what the whole of south armagh is talking about? Is Conal Quinn a liar? 

TacadoirArdMhacha

QuoteI do happen to think a club is responsible if several of their players take an issue they have with another club to a disco and they should step in.

Can't be done Pints. How the in name of Jaysus is a club supposed to know what all their members are at every night of the week? Should they keep your number on speeddial so they can keep up with the gossip?

QuoteIs Conal Quinn a liar? 

I don't know the fella but i assume not. And I should point out, that I was very relieved to hear he wasn't nearly as badly injured as the rumour mill initially suggested. My point is that, apart from those who were there, anybody preaching about what happened is dealing in second hand accounts at best, and gossip and innuedo at best.

What happened that young fella is a disgrace. Now we all know that there's been fighting at discos for years and years but sadly lately the idea of it being left with a few punches (which isnt to be condoned but is also unlikely to do anyone any serious harm) isnt always the case. There are a small minority of thugs who seem to see it as a badge of manhood to kick fellas on  he gorund or similar cowardly acts. I've been on the receiving end myself and know the dangers. People who behave liike this need to be dealt with by the appropriate authorities but they aren't confined to any one village, area, religion or country and to suggest that it is up to a sports club to deal with this sort of activity is as utterly ridiculous.

pintsofguinness

No one expects a club to take responsibility for what their members get up to, I'm saying as it was football related the club needs to have a look at it.  The 'bridge have looked into it.  Have Cullyhanna? I doubt it. 

You keep talking about second hand accounts, there are plenty of people who were there so no one is in any doubt about who was involved and who the ring leaders where, they were probably playing for you tonight. 

twotwocharlie

Taca are we talking about the same cullyhanna.
rose coloured glasses and all that.
mc keever is a very good player but should leave out the high elbows and going in with the knee to a man on the ground.
mackin is an average player how he got so long on the county the lord only knows.
your club has never condoned the thugs within and that a sorry fact.