Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlie stubbs

when i was under 16 the championship final was played at the same time as the utd bayern munich game and there was no change for it. 

we still got a big turnout of supporters for the game.  Dont know the ins and outs of it though if the original arrangement was to be wednesday night games which i am led to believe this should not have been changed

qub la la la

Quote from: bennydorano on May 15, 2008, 11:40:18 AM
Quote from: corn02 on May 15, 2008, 11:21:34 AM
Why is it off, Friday night matches are always gret and gives the players the weekend.
County players who were in portugal last week were strongly advised to recouperate for one full week because of the intensity of the training, therefore the game would have been played on Friday night without county men and Dromintee didn't want that.  99% certain the game is on Monday night btw.

well there would have been a few players who were in portugal who would have played a full championship game on wednesday night.

Quote from: corn02 on May 15, 2008, 11:41:18 AM
It's not a disgrace , it's commoin sense.Poeple support Man United and wil lwant to watch it. By forcing them to play a match when it can be changed to the next night will sour their opinion of the association.

thats balls! how would going to represent or support your own club sour your opinion of the association. if you want to sit in the house watching soccer instead of the hussle and bussle of a championship semi final then thats fair enough. these people are probably first in the queue for tickets come all ireland time all the same.

Our Nail Loney

Howd you do in that match charles??

Armagh Exile

Quoteim led to believe that the championship has been changed til thursday night to accommodate a request for change from the county manager peter mcdonnell. maybe its just me but in recent times i had been under the impression that you could not change championship fixtures! again it just goes to show you that the tail wags the dog whenever the county board are concerned!

If the above is true then it is a sad state of affairs in Armagh that a manager appointed by the County Board can overule a sub-committee of the same Board.

pintsofguinness

If the above is true then it is a sad state of affairs in Armagh that a manager appointed by the County Board can overule a sub-committee of the same Board.
Sure what's new!
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

charlie stubbs

unfortunately we where beaten by a bigger and stronger clann eireann side nail

corn02

Quote from: qub la la la on May 15, 2008, 06:49:39 PM
thats balls! how would going to represent or support your own club sour your opinion of the association. if you want to sit in the house watching soccer instead of the hussle and bussle of a championship semi final then thats fair enough. these people are probably first in the queue for tickets come all ireland time all the same.

Bullshit QUB. That is the facts. If it was an U-10 championship semi-final would you put it ahead of the soccer? People watch other sports sometimes if it's more attractive which was evident during the 02 World Cup/ Derry v Donegal plus thge Heniken Cup/League finals.

I can guarantee you there will be players on both teams who would have been annoyed if they had to play on the Wednesday. Not annoyed to the point of not showing up, but annoyed to the point of being pissed off.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Bullshit QUB. That is the facts. If it was an U-10 championship semi-final would you put it ahead of the soccer? People watch other sports sometimes if it's more attractive which was evident during the 02 World Cup/ Derry v Donegal plus thge Heniken Cup/League finals.

I can guarantee you there will be players on both teams who would have been annoyed if they had to play on the Wednesday. Not annoyed to the point of not showing up, but annoyed to the point of being pissed off.

Spot on Corn. Fella's are entitled to other interests outside the GAA and I don't see the harm in an occasional bit of flexibility to accomodate this. Nobody's saying they wouldn't have played this Wednesday but its simply more attractive for everybody to delay for a week.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

qub la la la

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on May 15, 2008, 09:10:30 PM

Spot on Corn. Fella's are entitled to other interests outside the GAA and I don't see the harm in an occasional bit of flexibility to accomodate this. Nobody's saying they wouldn't have played this Wednesday but its simply more attractive for everybody to delay for a week.

i would put any game involving my club before a soccer match corn. in fact if there was the prospect of a good game incolving your good selves up in dromintee i would likely travel up.

and tacadoir it is only more attractive to those not directly involved with either club.

anyway the game is on thursday night and thats that. what is the reason for the hold up of the granemore cavanakill game?

i see cullyhanna are advertising a great family day out on 24th may, you'd hardly be flying in fot the weekend would you pints??  :D :D

doire na raithe

Quote from: qub la la la on May 15, 2008, 10:04:17 PM
Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on May 15, 2008, 09:10:30 PM

i would put any game involving my club before a soccer match corn. in fact if there was the prospect of a good game incolving your good selves up in dromintee i would likely travel up.

and tacadoir it is only more attractive to those not directly involved with either club.

anyway the game is on thursday night and thats that. what is the reason for the hold up of the granemore cavanakill game?

i see cullyhanna are advertising a great family day out on 24th may, you'd hardly be flying in fot the weekend would you pints??  :D :D

I don't think it is a question of loyalty Qub, I'm pretty sure most people would make that decision otherwise there wouldn't be much point in being involved in a team if you had so little committment but as Tacadoir said theres no harm in allowing a little flexibility here which will benefit everyone.

winsamsoon

to be fair i don't think  anyone on here is saying not to follow other sports, that's personal choice. My main point is that we shouldn't follow them if it is at the expense of our own game/sport. Postponing our games to accomodate others sends out a  message, we are competing with these sports year in years out. Some may say it shows the GAA are flexible, I would say it is the GAA bending over backwards to suit other sports that would never in a month of sundays return the favour.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

cityslicker

rite who cares when the match is played who will prevail from the cruppen cross game.. the word is both team r missing vital players is there any truth in this?? would it b a worth while game 2 go 2 r will it just b a landslide victory 4the mighty cross

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: cityslicker on May 16, 2008, 12:23:24 PM
rite who cares when the match is played who will prevail from the cruppen cross game.. the word is both team r missing vital players is there any truth in this?? would it b a worth while game 2 go 2 r will it just b a landslide victory 4the mighty cross

The performance of Cross on wednesday night against the Ogs wouldn't really put the fear of God into you.  They are a decent enough side but I wouldn't be just so confident in them getting past Cruppen in the next round. 

I know Kyle Carragher should be missing anyway next week, he got a straight red on wednesday for an off the ball incident.

Imposerous

Wasn't able to get down for the Ogs game.  Did David McKenna line out for Cross?

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: Imposerous on May 16, 2008, 12:52:15 PM
Wasn't able to get down for the Ogs game.  Did David McKenna line out for Cross?

Yes.  He didn't have a bad game either.  Him and Hanratty were in the middle of the park, Rico Kelly in centre half forward, Carragher in full forward and Kernan in full back.  A pretty strong spine, but from what I saw they are definitely beatable.