Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crossfire

QUOTE FROM GOH 4205

"What was the No 14 at, slamming the ball to the net 3/4 times after he scored the pen."

TO DOIRE NA RAITHE

Perhaps the above might have been the reason for the "ironic cheers from the Cross faithful" that you describe. !!

winsamsoon

i'll decide when we move on  :D :D.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

Broken_Cross

where's the updated tables ffs.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: illdecide on May 12, 2008, 10:32:16 AM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on May 11, 2008, 07:17:32 PM
Quote from: pats-mc on May 11, 2008, 07:15:34 PM
Good win for st pats vs Mullaghbwn 13 points to 1.3. Good win for our lads without county men and Ciaran o Hare. Gifted Mullaghbawn an early goal but came back in to it well to lead by 8 pts to 1.2 at the interval.Couple of early points in the second half killed the game off though Mullaghbawn unlucky not to get a goal as Conor O Neill pulled off a terrific save. Good performance from Owen Casey and Niall and Conor Mc Shane in defence, Mal and Barry Mc Conville in midfield and Eugene Casey 0.8 and Ciaran O Neill in attack. Gives us four wins from five games. Tough week end next week end though with Cross and Pearse Ogs both away from home.

And we can pass your best wishes on to Conall Quinn as well? - or are you as cowardly as your club mates?

thats a we bit OTT Pints, you can't tar everyone with the same brush.

BTW you're Bridge mate actually gave us a few decisions yesterday, i suppose he owed us a few decisions ;) ;) or was it that it was just 2 north Armagh teams and he didn't give a feck ??? ???

P.S. i didn't think he'd have a neck to come back to Lurgan after last week but there you go...you couldn't cut that fella with a Stanley Knife :D :D

Why is it ott to expect a cullyhanna poster to comment on something that affects his club and that's been discussed here this week?
If clans were involved I'm sure you would comment as would I if it was the 'bridge.  Also, how am I tarring everyone with the same brush? (same question goes to you mackers).

I'm glad quigley pleased you this week, maybe he doesn't have that vendetta against clans then? 

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Armagh Exile

Sorry to learn of the sudden death of your well-known Armagh Harps ticket seller, Mick Carson.
Abbey Park will not be the same again without Big Mick and his selling of your Half-Time Draw tickets.  He was a civil big fella and always had a good word for everyone.
Any details of the funeral arrangements?
May his soul rest in peace.

goh4205

Quote from: corn02 on May 12, 2008, 09:04:13 AM
GOH4 yes I am sure he was frustrated. He did kick the ball into the net three times but that is a very weird point to raise. He scored the penalty and the ball rolled back to him and he whacked it in again, so what?

5 county panelists plus our starting midfielder and full back, plus another starter. All three have some county experience.
Corn, it was just a weird thing to do & it probably showed his frustration at been totally out played the entire game.  If you class that as a weird point to raise, then one could class alot of point on this board as weird. 

doire na raithe

Well you were the one who asked the question and now it seems as though you've answered your own question which begs the question, why did you feel the need to ask it in the first place if you already knew the answer.

pintsofguinness

FFs tell me we're not still talking about the fact that someone kicked the ball back into the net after scoring a goal!

What does it matter? Who gives a f**k?
If someone thinks it's a weird thing to do they don't watch much sport!

goh4205

Is this not a discussion board  :-\

Pints, you should read some of your own posts, before commenting on anyone else's.  bit of a pot calling kettle if you get my drift.

Sounds like Dromintee posters don't like getting asked to many questions when beaten, but I'm sure would be glad to answer anything if on the winning side of the fence.

pintsofguinness

QuotePints, you should read some of your own posts, before commenting on anyone else's.  bit of a pot calling kettle if you get my drift.
Why what's wrong with them?

Seriously, why is someone kicking a ball back into the net after they've scored such a big deal? Have you never seen anyone do this in GAA before or in any other sport?

brokencrossbar1

QuoteTough defeat to take, especially when we scored a goal in the second half and it was greeted by ironic cheers from the Cross faithful on the line - a la Old trafford as if Derby had just scored to make it 6-1. To be expected also I suppose.

A bit like the "Drive it home to them" that was liberally shouted when you beat us by 17 points that day a few years back.  You are right in one thing, it means fcuk all squared come championship, and I think Cross will know that better than most and not let a big win go to their heads.  I would reckon that only 3-4 of the Cross team from Sunday will pay championship against you anyway. 

As for the lad kicking it into the net after scoring the goal, jaysus give the lad a break, it's not everyday you score a goal against Cross, he must have been fierce proud of himself and overcome with emotion :P

At this early stage in the season, how are things shaping out?  Does anyone look like making a serious concerted effort to break the Cross dominance?   

Yes I Would

Realistically cant see it happening, until Donaldson, two Macs, Bellew and Oisin hang up the boots, and even with that its likely a new group of leaders will emerge within the squad, but whoever they are its hard to see them having the same impact that these aforementioned five do, and then we may have a competitive county championship!!

goh4205

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on May 12, 2008, 10:14:06 PM
QuoteTough defeat to take, especially when we scored a goal in the second half and it was greeted by ironic cheers from the Cross faithful on the line - a la Old trafford as if Derby had just scored to make it 6-1. To be expected also I suppose.

A bit like the "Drive it home to them" that was liberally shouted when you beat us by 17 points that day a few years back.  You are right in one thing, it means fcuk all squared come championship, and I think Cross will know that better than most and not let a big win go to their heads.  I would reckon that only 3-4 of the Cross team from Sunday will pay championship against you anyway. 

As for the lad kicking it into the net after scoring the goal, jaysus give the lad a break, it's not everyday you score a goal against Cross, he must have been fierce proud of himself and overcome with emotion :P

That must have been what it was BC1, funny cross scored 2 goals and non of the 2 lads who scored acted like that, but as you say since they don't often score points against cross, apart from the occassion you mention never mind goals he probably thought he was doctor who :D :D :D

At this early stage in the season, how are things shaping out?  Does anyone look like making a serious concerted effort to break the Cross dominance?   

goh4205

That must have been what it was BC1, funny cross scored 2 goals and non of the 2 lads who scored acted like that, but as you say since they don't often score points against cross, apart from the occassion you mention never mind goals he probably thought he was doctor who :D :D :D