Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uladh

In fairness to vincey o'neill he's usually one of the better refs about.
mistakes happen i suppose.

corn02

GOH4 yes I am sure he was frustrated. He did kick the ball into the net three times but that is a very weird point to raise. He scored the penalty and the ball rolled back to him and he whacked it in again, so what?

5 county panelists plus our starting midfielder and full back, plus another starter. All three have some county experience.

bennydorano

Quote from: winsamsoon on May 11, 2008, 11:44:56 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on May 08, 2008, 12:35:14 PM
Is there a game goes by when Clans ones don't whinge about refs ??? Take some responsibility for your own actions ffs.

:D :D Got Quigley again today refereeing us and for once in his career he actually was decent for us. If anything he gave us a lot softer frees than maghery. It must be the good weather or something that is in the air.

Benny my lad i thought it was just the clans folk that complained about the refs. I think this is the best case of irony i have witnesses on this board. Take some responsibility for you own actions benny and accept that vincy can count  :D :D

By the way we drew tonight with maghery in a scrappy enough game. On this performance there will be a relegation scrap looming for both teams. Piss poor is an understatement.
AS I've already stated, I thought the ref did well in a nasty enough game, his arithmetic skills are a different matter however.

Yes I Would

If ref made a mistake regarding the scoreline, and game was reported live on radio, surely this could be used to clarify the score and determine the result once and for all.

el_cuervo_fc

What did the referee send Joe off for Benny? What's down in the book?

bennydorano

el_cuervo_fc

mackers

Quote from: pintsofguinness on May 09, 2008, 08:08:14 PM
Quote from: mackers on May 09, 2008, 12:31:50 PM
Not sure whether I'm one of the "usual Cullyhanna posters" that's being talked about, but just to be clear that I'm not a "Cullyhanna poster" and that I agree that those who beat the Bridge lad up should be reported to the Gardai and hopefully get jail for what they've done. I would associate that sort of behaviour with the soccer thugs in England not GAA people in south Armagh. Hope the lad makes a full and speedy recovery.

What club are you from again Mackers?
Will Cullyhanna be investigating the incident, I assume the two main culprits lined out for them the other night? 
I hope the St Patricks gfc is proud of them.

I'm a born and bred Armagh City man who played some very limited under age football for the Harps. As I told you last year, my main interest would be the county team, I would travel to the ends of the country to watch the county team and try to take in as much club football as possible.
With regard to whether Cullyhanna are going to investigate the matter I'm sure you'll agree the incident surpasses anything that a football club could police and should be handled by the Gardai as it was a criminal act.
I'm sure all decent Cullyhanna members are NOT proud of them, you're back to tarring everyone with the same brush.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

illdecide

Quote from: pintsofguinness on May 11, 2008, 07:17:32 PM
Quote from: pats-mc on May 11, 2008, 07:15:34 PM
Good win for st pats vs Mullaghbwn 13 points to 1.3. Good win for our lads without county men and Ciaran o Hare. Gifted Mullaghbawn an early goal but came back in to it well to lead by 8 pts to 1.2 at the interval.Couple of early points in the second half killed the game off though Mullaghbawn unlucky not to get a goal as Conor O Neill pulled off a terrific save. Good performance from Owen Casey and Niall and Conor Mc Shane in defence, Mal and Barry Mc Conville in midfield and Eugene Casey 0.8 and Ciaran O Neill in attack. Gives us four wins from five games. Tough week end next week end though with Cross and Pearse Ogs both away from home.

And we can pass your best wishes on to Conall Quinn as well? - or are you as cowardly as your club mates?

thats a we bit OTT Pints, you can't tar everyone with the same brush.

BTW you're Bridge mate actually gave us a few decisions yesterday, i suppose he owed us a few decisions ;) ;) or was it that it was just 2 north Armagh teams and he didn't give a feck ??? ???

P.S. i didn't think he'd have a neck to come back to Lurgan after last week but there you go...you couldn't cut that fella with a Stanley Knife :D :D
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

illdecide

Margery game was very poor, both teams really struggling at the minute. We have 8 out injured at the minute and can't cope, in fairness the Margery line looked every bit as bad as ours with injury after injury. James Livery and forker did not travel with AMA as i heard the Margery men saying they had exams (not sure if they were talking about both players) although obviously Livery was injured as he didn't take part in the game but Forker did.

What is going on with clubs and injury's at the minute, Dominate, Margery, Clans etc etc have a casualty list the length of you're arm. Is it just bad luck or are they doing something wrong in training?

winsamsoon

These slang interpretations by you i'll decide will have to stop.

Benny you are now saying you are not complaining about the ref???

But i am surely reading posts from you stating he got the score wrong and cost the harps two points (Complaint)

Secondly apparently joe pushed him ( complaint) as you are hinting that joe didn't and that he was hard done by)

So it is official it ain't just clans folk that complain about the referees. ;)
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

Goats Do Shave

bennydorano

Think we are down to play Dromintee on Friday night at 7.30pm.  Are the County men allowed to play or is that it until after championship time?

corn02

They will be playing I would expect Benjamin.

illdecide