altovito

newtown bt keady by 3 goals.poor game
othr div 2 resulys
granmor 1-12 c eireann 1-13  c eireann flyin
cruppen 1-13 sarfield 2-11   cruppen beat again
nab 1-10 bridge 1-11   pintsofguiness wil b happy
w tone 0-06 wcross 0-09  1st win for wcross

corn02

GOH04 Dromintee were missing nine and I believe Cross were missing nines so what not as if we were not missing players.

The keeper done very well, he is a class keeper that is overl ooked.

Crossfire I don't know what your point is but there is usually a couple of niggles when Cross and Dromintee meet.

Real1995

Yes Pints der was two other boys from mullaghbawn badly hurt too,quiet lads  - last u would expect to get hit jus like conalll..

Have to be honest, C-hanna's hunger and passion today was something to see....fully deserved their victory..we look tired and disinterested...young O'neill(armagh minor) for pats looks a real prospect and mal seems to be playin the best football of his life..
Nice guys always finish second!

corn02

BTW Benny Vincie is actually a decent referee. He obviously blundered today, but just pointing out that he is one of the referees who are nmot on a power trip.

diesel-smuggler

i suppose i better comment on cruppen's defeat today before i am accused of being a 'win only' poster again!

the old cliche of a game of two halfs certainly is the story of cruppens season!

in the first half against silverbridge, whitecross and again today against sarsfields played some superb stuff only for to come out in the second half and play nothing at all! we continue to give away the freakest of goals in the defence that are costing us dearly!

charlie stubbs

wasat the tones whitecross game.we where pathetic in the 1st half only 1 point we scored was 7-1 at the interval.lost 3 on the bounce now and play sarsfields next sunday so thats not good form to be heading in2 that with esp with them getting a great result in cruppen2day.  our main prob is that we continue to play the ball in2 the corners for the forwards or they run it there themselves!

went to clans maghery in the evening!draw clans will say point dropped, great hospitality at the gate winsam/illdecide student rate of a £1 :D.james lavery was on the line dont know what that about??and forker played chf!

full back

Quote from: charlie stubbs on May 11, 2008, 09:26:47 PM
.james lavery was on the line dont know what that about??and forker played chf!

What about Portugal?

goh4205

Quote from: corn02 on May 11, 2008, 08:43:18 PM
GOH04 Dromintee were missing nine and I believe Cross were missing nines so what not as if we were not missing players.

Crossfire I don't know what your point is but there is usually a couple of niggles when Cross and Dromintee meet.
I meant actual Armagh players or panelists?, surely Dromintee don't have 9 players on it as well.  I just thought they had the O'Rourkes, shannon & O'Neill on it.
What was that no.14 at slamming the ball to the net 3/4 times after he scored the pen, was he just so glad to get a kick at it considering that McKeown fella never gave him a sniff the entire game.

Diet Coke

Quote from: bennydorano on May 11, 2008, 07:15:57 PM
Cullaville 1-10 Harps 0-14.  Unfortunately the ref was the only man in the place who thought it was a draw and actually gave a draw - eventhough 5fm were there and gave the result as 14 to 1-10 to the Harps.  He was a f**king laughin stock at the end and the sad thing is he'll probably hand in that score to the county board and we'll get screwed- although we will sure as f**k be lodging an objection. >:( >:(

REf was Vinceny O'Neill? from Cullyhanna, thought he did quite well during the game as it was a nasty enough game in parts - Chucky Morris got a complete judasing by one of the Hatzers, unsuprisingly the cullaville umpire seen nothing so he got away with it.

Great result for the Harps considering we were badly depleted, we showed a lot of fight and balls in the second half when Cullaville always managed to keep 2 or 3 ahead we never dropped the heads and got our reward in the end (I hope). Everyone played well with Philly McKinney, Kevin Kelly(0-4) & Collie Holmes dominant around the MF area.  Sean & Paddy Morrison contributed well in the forwards and Ebby worked his socks off as usual.  Joe Quigley got sent off near the end for a seemingly inoquous bump into the ref ??? ???

Wouldn't hold my breath on an objection..............Harps have been "doormats" for years and nothing has changed.

As for the Cullaville player getting away with it.........who were they going to bring on to "right the wrong".........the Grimleys? ::)

K. Kelly scored some great scores but his work rate was piss poor, for a big strong lad he should be knocking on the door of County football.
Everybody knows there no sucha thing as Sanity Clause.

winsamsoon

Quote from: bennydorano on May 08, 2008, 12:35:14 PM
Is there a game goes by when Clans ones don't whinge about refs ??? Take some responsibility for your own actions ffs.

:D :D Got Quigley again today refereeing us and for once in his career he actually was decent for us. If anything he gave us a lot softer frees than maghery. It must be the good weather or something that is in the air.

Benny my lad i thought it was just the clans folk that complained about the refs. I think this is the best case of irony i have witnesses on this board. Take some responsibility for you own actions benny and accept that vincy can count  :D :D

By the way we drew tonight with maghery in a scrappy enough game. On this performance there will be a relegation scrap looming for both teams. Piss poor is an understatement.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

winsamsoon

Oh and charlie the £1 in at the gate thing, this is why we are struggling finacially by not stinging you country folk  :D :D Your probably over 30 too  :D :D mature student.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

doire na raithe

Quote from: goh4205 on May 11, 2008, 10:38:56 PM
Quote from: corn02 on May 11, 2008, 08:43:18 PM

I meant actual Armagh players or panelists?, surely Dromintee don't have 9 players on it as well.  I just thought they had the O'Rourkes, shannon & O'Neill on it.
What was that no.14 at slamming the ball to the net 3/4 times after he scored the pen, was he just so glad to get a kick at it considering that McKeown fella never gave him a sniff the entire game.

We were missing just as many as Cross today, not just our county players but many injuries which we have suffered over the last week as Corn02 has pointed out. But as I said Cross' depth in squad is superior to ours and it was clear to see today - not least due to the fact that the club is significantly bigger than ours.

Didn't see our number 14 kicking the ball into the net 3-4 times after he scored the penalty? If so how is this even a point worthy of raising?

nashville

Diet Coke, didn't make it up to the game today, but two players and a supporter said to me that Kelly's work rate was actually a lot higher than usual, tracking back etc... Just goes to show how easy it is to have differing opinions on a game I suppose.. but as for county football, he may have been a good u21 but still think he's very far away from senior standard.

On the topic of the game, how the hell could the referee have made such a terrible decision on the scoreline! Heard from a few at the game that it was certainly a 1 point victory to the Harps, now I know people come on here and whine about how bad referee's in the county are, but surely this is as clear a case as possible, its probably his most important job of the entire game and he can't do it right? Apparently the Culloville officals made themselves scarce fairly quickly when the ref called a draw...

Hank Everlast

ARMAGH CLUB RESULTS FOR W/E SUNDAY 11 MAY 2008

Thursday 8 May

ACL – Division Three
Crossmaglen II 1-14; Collegeland 4-9

Friday 9 May

ACL – Division Two
Clann Eireann 2-12; Ballymacnab 0-11

ACL – Division Three
Grange 0-9; St Paul's 1-12
Annaghmore 1-12; St Peter's 1-7

ACL – Division Four
Mullaghbrack 1-8; O'Hanlon's 1-10
Eire Og 1-15; Derrynoose 0-5

Saturday 10 May

ACL – Division Two
An Port Mor 1-8; Tir na nÓg 0-13

Sunday 11 May

ACL – Division One
Culloville 1-10; Harps 0-13
Dromintee 1-5; Crossmaglen 2-15
Pearse Og 3-12; Killeavey 0-13
St Patrick's 0-13; Mullaghbawn 1-3
Clan na Gael v Maghery

ACL – Division Two
Granemore 1-12; Clann Eireann 1-13
Carrickcruppen 1-13; Sarsfields 2-11
Keady 0-8; St Michael's 3-8
Ballymacnab 1-10; Silverbridge 1-11
Wolfe Tones 0-5; Whitecross 0-9

ACL – Division Three
Tullysaran 0-8; Belleek 1-11
Madden 2-11; Clonmore 1-13
Lissummon 3-7; Ballyhegan 0-11

ACL – Division Four
Dorsey Emmett's 1-7; Eire Og 3-10
Derrynoose 2-13; Forkhill 1-6
Clady 0-12; Middletown 0-12
Corrinshego 4-7; Phelim Brady's 0-6
Bye – Shane O'Neill's

el_cuervo_fc

Pearse Ogs beat Killeavey yesterday 3-12 to 0-13.  The game was played at a very high tempo with the Ogs opening the scoreline with a goal straight from the throw in.  killeavey replied 5 mins later with a point followed quickly by another goal from the Ogs.  It was more or less point for point for a bit after this but Killeavey started to dominate in the last 10 minutes of the first half scoring 4 or 5 without reply.

Half time score was 2-7 to 0-9

Ogs openied the second half with 2 points and started to stamp some authority on the game.  Killeavey were fired up as ever and kept pushing until a Goal from Decy Mcmanus put the game out of reach in the last ten minutes. 

A good result in the end to win by 8 points.