Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Real1995

I agree Uladh wil be a big improvement...but surely this means that the county board are very confident that the athletic grounds will be ready for the county final...positive move....
Nice guys always finish second!

winsamsoon

Just out of interest would it be the cross footing the bill for the relaying of the pitch or would the county board be chipping in saying thay have used it for county games.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

crossfire

Not sure but i assume there would be funding from somewhere, for eg Newry & Mourne council or Ulster Council

armaghtrue

tirnanog beat port mor by 2 points 2nite.  port mor missed a pen with 5 to go after a dodgy call by the ref.  have to admit port mor are the dirtiest team ive seen in years, referee barny henry let the game get out of control by letting a port mor fella kick someone into the air after 10 seconds. port mor weren't interested in playing football but the portadown men will be glad to have come away with the 2 points.  teams will have to fight for results in blackwater this year

umgolaarmagh

Quote from: crossfire on May 10, 2008, 10:01:41 PM
Not sure but i assume there would be funding from somewhere, for eg Newry & Mourne council or Ulster Council

Seriously doubt if Cross would be paying for it

doire na raithe

Cross beat Dromintee today by 13 points.

Very weak Dromintee side out today, the weakest fielded in the league yet. Thats not to say that Cross weren't missing players also but as far as squad goes we can't compete with their depth and we were basically missing the core of our team. We were something like 11 down at half-time there didn't seem to be anyway back for us and in fairness Cross didn't even look like they were trying in the second half.

Few off the ball incidents as usual, suppose it was to be expected. Tough defeat to take, especially when we scored a goal in the second half and it was greeted by ironic cheers from the Cross faithful on the line - a la Old trafford as if Derby had just scored to make it 6-1. To be expected also I suppose.

Anyway 4 years ago we beat Cross by 17 points in the league and that year we made the mistake of believing it was worth more than just two league points. When the situation is the other way round now we won't make the mistake in thinking that today means anything other than two points dropped.

goh4205

I went to this game thinking it could through up a fairly interesting challenge considering both teams were very under strength, but truthfully the class really showed in the first 5mins.  When you consider cross have 8 first team players away with Armagh the way they took off from the start it was like a whirl wind and Dromintee didn't know were to turn.  The score line could have been more if not for a brilliant save by the Dromintee keeper in both half's.  Cross looked extremely sharp or maybe the Dromintee lads just were very unfit.
Even with the Armagh connection, Dromintee face a mountain come championship time considering what cross have to come back in also.

pintsofguinness

'bridge beat Ballymacnab by a point.

Any other results?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

crossfire

[quote author=doire na raithe link=topic=769.msg289965#msg289965 date=1210517422

Few off the ball incidents as usual, suppose it was to be expected.

Why ?? Do yous have them every week

pats-mc

Good win for st pats vs Mullaghbwn 13 points to 1.3. Good win for our lads without county men and Ciaran o Hare. Gifted Mullaghbawn an early goal but came back in to it well to lead by 8 pts to 1.2 at the interval.Couple of early points in the second half killed the game off though Mullaghbawn unlucky not to get a goal as Conor O Neill pulled off a terrific save. Good performance from Owen Casey and Niall and Conor Mc Shane in defence, Mal and Barry Mc Conville in midfield and Eugene Casey 0.8 and Ciaran O Neill in attack. Gives us four wins from five games. Tough week end next week end though with Cross and Pearse Ogs both away from home.

bennydorano

Cullaville 1-10 Harps 0-14.  Unfortunately the ref was the only man in the place who thought it was a draw and actually gave a draw - eventhough 5fm were there and gave the result as 14 to 1-10 to the Harps.  He was a f**king laughin stock at the end and the sad thing is he'll probably hand in that score to the county board and we'll get screwed- although we will sure as f**k be lodging an objection. >:( >:(

REf was Vinceny O'Neill? from Cullyhanna, thought he did quite well during the game as it was a nasty enough game in parts - Chucky Morris got a complete judasing by one of the Hatzers, unsuprisingly the cullaville umpire seen nothing so he got away with it.

Great result for the Harps considering we were badly depleted, we showed a lot of fight and balls in the second half when Cullaville always managed to keep 2 or 3 ahead we never dropped the heads and got our reward in the end (I hope). Everyone played well with Philly McKinney, Kevin Kelly(0-4) & Collie Holmes dominant around the MF area.  Sean & Paddy Morrison contributed well in the forwards and Ebby worked his socks off as usual.  Joe Quigley got sent off near the end for a seemingly inoquous bump into the ref ??? ???

pintsofguinness

Quote from: pats-mc on May 11, 2008, 07:15:34 PM
Good win for st pats vs Mullaghbwn 13 points to 1.3. Good win for our lads without county men and Ciaran o Hare. Gifted Mullaghbawn an early goal but came back in to it well to lead by 8 pts to 1.2 at the interval.Couple of early points in the second half killed the game off though Mullaghbawn unlucky not to get a goal as Conor O Neill pulled off a terrific save. Good performance from Owen Casey and Niall and Conor Mc Shane in defence, Mal and Barry Mc Conville in midfield and Eugene Casey 0.8 and Ciaran O Neill in attack. Gives us four wins from five games. Tough week end next week end though with Cross and Pearse Ogs both away from home.

And we can pass your best wishes on to Conall Quinn as well? - or are you as cowardly as your club mates?

crossfire

PINTS

How is Conal Quinn ?

I hope he makes a full recovery.

Is he a son of Anthony ?

pintsofguinness

Quote from: crossfire on May 11, 2008, 07:39:43 PM
PINTS

How is Conal Quinn ?

I hope he makes a full recovery.

Is he a son of Anthony ?

I'm not sure of his da's name crossfire, his mother is Mary.  Conal will be fine thank God, very lucky lad.  I only heard the other day that a lad with him (I don't know if he is from Cross or Mullaghbawn - I've heard both) went to get to Conal's defence and needed 20 stiches in the back of his head, but he'll be fine too.  It's a pity Pats-mc didn't think it worthy to comment, I wonder did Tasker and Hoey play well for them today?

pintsofguinness

Hoey's not a bad player either.
It's a shame.