Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winsamsoon

Ah pints my friend there you go adding bits to your argument when no one agreed with you. You see what you were trying to do was make the clans men out to be the big bad wolves in the hope that the other posters would back up the story and agree with you. I think you got the opposite response you were looking for. The majority of the folk think Quigley is a muppet. I agree with you that players should always respect refs no matter what decision he makes, bad or good. No player should verbally or physically abuse any ref . One of our lads verbally abused him and got the red after the game that he deserved, this was never in dispute. The dispute lies with the decisions he has made against our club in his last two outings. As a manager and player i cannot find any excuse for it only that he has some vendetta against us as a club or alternatively he is just a egotistical kind of guy who cannot referee. When a game is over a ref should get changed and if he so wishes come into the club house and mingle or he can just head on home. He should never walk into any changing room when a door is closed and he should never be handing out lectures on his life or any other issue (especially after heated exchanges on the pitch has been put under control). This is not part of his job. He is there to keep discipline on the field and ensure the rules are adhered to in the correct manner. He failed to do this at Davitt park on wed night and at Abbey park two sundays back.
Remind me again what club he is from ??? I thought it was Silverbridge??? I also think you are from Silverbridge pints so perhaps, just maybe this is why you are giving him the benefit if the doubt. I like so many other posters simply cannot any longer. I have had my fill of him, i can no longer accept his ignorance and on many occassions misinterpretations of the rules (cheating) I think we will be taking a line from the Cross and telling the county board no thanks in the future.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

mackers

Not sure whether I'm one of the "usual Cullyhanna posters" that's being talked about, but just to be clear that I'm not a "Cullyhanna poster" and that I agree that those who beat the Bridge lad up should be reported to the Gardai and hopefully get jail for what they've done. I would associate that sort of behaviour with the soccer thugs in England not GAA people in south Armagh. Hope the lad makes a full and speedy recovery.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

Abble

barney henry - eire og, doesnt do much wrong. a good ref

winsamsoon

Mackers surely it is in the juristiction of our friends in the PSNI and not our other friends in the Gardai :D :D

full back

Quote from: winsamsoon on May 09, 2008, 01:09:29 PM
Mackers surely it is in the juristiction of our friends in the PSNI and not our other friends in the Gardai :D :D

It happened in the South winsam

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: winsamsoon on May 09, 2008, 01:09:29 PM

Also it's not the sort of thing you stick one smilie never mind 2 in!  A young lad is very seriously ill and it is not something to make a flippant joke about. 

Candyman

no doubt at the Carrickdale??? A feckin wild spot... >:(

mackers

Yes, Candyman, it was the Carrickdale.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

corn02

Don't think Winsam meant any harm. His joke was relation to Garda/ PSNI not that incident.

BTW Win when you posting lone comments please, please put a space in now and then.

winsamsoon

I guess that's me told then lads, You are correct corn, the joke was in relation to the police issue. I wasn't aware it happened at the carrickdale. Apologies for any sensitive beings out there towards the police. I never knew you held them so highly lads. I'll take on board what you said about spacing corn  :D :D.

I wasn't sure if i could put them two smiles in for fear of offending anyone.

corn02

You would think people would be in better form on a Friday Win wouldn't you?

brokencrossbar1

Tough week lads and still more to do.  I am a bit grumpy to say the least :(

illdecide

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on May 09, 2008, 02:20:33 PM
Tough week lads and still more to do.  I am a bit grumpy to say the least :(

Ye'll get the ride the night BC1 and that should cheer you up!!! :D :D
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Onion Bag

I heard this afternoon from a very reliable source that Philly Loughran has been axed from the Squad, and also that Dromintee committee have turned down his Transfer application to them, what a day hes having!
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

corn02

I thought it weas common knowledge that he was dropped? It is at least a week old news Onoin Bag. P Duffy in same boat.