Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

illdecide

Quote from: JimStynes on April 28, 2008, 04:37:54 PM
Did bumpy o'hagan break his leg in training the other night or is that just a rumour.

Rumor
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

crossfire

Quote...."Club games moved to 6pm on Sunday to facilitate Armagh game in Clann Eireann Park."

Are you sure it's not to facilitate Cross. !!!

doire na raithe

Quote from: corn02 on April 28, 2008, 04:41:40 PM
It was S Egan not C White Uladh.

Yeah quite a few injuries (not taking away from Cullyhanna as Liam OHare was not fit.)

I knew i got something wrong there. Yeah the obvious absences were injured.

winsamsoon

Yeah paddy it would make sense for marsden to pull his man aside when we were bearing down on goal at least we were getting was a point  :D. It would however make sense for vernon to step into his way and check him from getting back on the end of the ball. I aint saying marsden then did'nt pull him down but the original foul was a body check on marsden and not a free out. If you were taking your view on it, it would be a hop ball at most. That about bumpy is a rumour he definetly didn't break his leg at training the other night. Paddy that slabbering and mouthing is wrong and certainly should never go on especially when kids are present. We can all get hot tempered but when kids are around you restrain your mouth. I have witnessed it myself and it is part of the day that can be really embarassing and sets a bad example for the kids. Especially when it is women doing it.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

Uladh

Quote from: doire na raithe on April 28, 2008, 05:37:44 PM
Quote from: corn02 on April 28, 2008, 04:41:40 PM
It was S Egan not C White Uladh.

Yeah quite a few injuries (not taking away from Cullyhanna as Liam OHare was not fit.)

I knew i got something wrong there. Yeah the obvious absences were injured.

ok. never heard of egan either?

IVEDECIDED

Quote from: crossfire on April 28, 2008, 05:34:04 PM
Quote...."Club games moved to 6pm on Sunday to facilitate Armagh game in Clann Eireann Park."

Are you sure it's not to facilitate Cross. !!!

Of course its to facilitate Cross - otherwise they would have been played on the Fri night!! ;)

corn02

Egan is 16 or something, maybe 17 and White is 18 I think. Two young steady players that should be very good in a few years.

nashville

Barry O'Hagan broke his ankle in training on Thursday night. Clearly there are some Clans men on here trying to hide the fact that their season is soon to go down the pan without him...

Also I would like to point out that from my view in the stand, and clearly everyone except winsam's, that Nippy's point in the first half that the referee gave was in fact given as a point by both umpires, and not a wide by both as some here have claimed. In the 2nd half, Nippy's 2nd point, I would take the opinion of a referee standing in line with the ball going between the posts over an umpire standing at the foot of the post, particularly when the ball is so high. Interesting to note that any Clans player in line with the free or anywhere near in line did not protest when the referee gave the point.

JimStynes

I heard about Bumpy at training lastnite from one of our players who's cousin plays for the clans.

full back

Quote from: illdecide on April 28, 2008, 05:07:34 PM
Did bumpy o'hagan break his leg in training the other night or is that just a rumour.

Rumor

Are you telling porkies illdecide??
Did he break something?

rootthemout

saw bumpy at harps game and hes on crutches,so has obviously done some harm.

winsamsoon

The question ask was did he break his leg and the answer given was no. He didn't break his leg. Ask the right questions get the right answers. Imagine our season is going down the pan and it took 15 harps players and a ref to get a draw with us, that says a lot for the chances of the harps. Nashville what you are saying is that you would take the view of a ref 40 yards away rather than an umpire standing beside the post it went past  :D :D (classic) Our players didn't protest because what was the point. There would have been yellow cards undoubtedly shown by Quigley and probably would have given more soft frees to the harps as a result of it. Lads call a spade a spade if i am at a game and the ref gives us some handy frees in scoring positions i will say so. The facts are there to be seen the harps scored 10 points and about 8 of them came from free kicks. Now our defence was by no means physical and certainly never gave away the 8  (scoring)frees quigley gave. The free for our equalizer was handy i can hold the hands up to that but it was well overdue. Someone even mentioned the goal  being a push in the back. I find this hard when the defender was actually behind young soup (how then could he push him from behind when he was in front of him?? perhaps the laws of physics cease to exist on abbey park  ;)) He used the old ass to nudge back into the defender which if you watch Donaghy it is perfectly legal. He then broke the ball and Bagged it past willy .
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

illdecide

Quote from: full back on April 28, 2008, 08:44:19 PM
Quote from: illdecide on April 28, 2008, 05:07:34 PM

Rumor

Are you telling porkies illdecide??
Did he break something?

No not telling porkies. The question was "did he break his leg?" and the answer is "No" if he had asked did he break his ankle then i would have said yes. I'm surprised it stopped him from playing on Sunday :D :D
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

JimStynes

illdecide - Is Ronan Austin back playing yet. Do you play for the seniors?

armaghtrue

the clans lads are taking some stick in here now  ;)     although most of it well deserved :o  they are very arrogant people, only a couple of weeks ago they were talking bout challenging cross for the championship, after all they were beat by a tirnanog team that only got 3 points in div 1 last year  ;D ;D  clans come a few grades below the cross championship side. pearse og the only side with realistic chance in next few years...  think clans are still living in the 80's ;D although i do agree with other posters i'll decide is the only one with any sense..