Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IVEDECIDED

Quote from: qub la la la on April 27, 2008, 11:00:18 PM
Quote from: winsamsoon on April 27, 2008, 10:20:26 PM
That man should never be able to ref a clans game again.

other clubs have the same opinion. i think cross underage teams make a point of not playing if mr quigley is due to referee any of their games because the result is a foregone conclusion. not 100% but i thought i heard that the cross minors left the field once quigley arrived last monday night to referee a game. he's an awful man!

I can understand why. An absolute disgrace of a performance. He basically decided that he wasnt allowing the Clans to win that game. To their credit they snatched a draw. What annoyed me most is that he ruined a very open and enjoyable game on a lovely day for football.

Candyman

in all honesty do you not think the Harps had every opportunity to win it in the 2nd half??? think you's only got 2/3 scores in that period?

illdecide

I have to comment here. I think Quigly was pathetic yesterday and it's nothing to with the Harps, he was so bad it wasn't funny. He blew clans up twice for lifting of the ground (fair enough) but the Harps done it as well straight after and were not blew up for it and they got Pt's from it. Now Mr Quigly realised his errors and quickly awarded frees to the Clans that clearly were not free kicks. The 1 Winsam was talking about Marsden was attacking in full flow he fisted the ball over a C Vernon's head and went to run on for the 1-2 he was obstructed by Vernon and Marsden got booked for it and a free to the Harps (explain that 1).

Harps were winning by a point in injury time and Quigly gave a free to the Clans to equalise that never was a free, IMHO i believe this clown goes out to be the centre of attention in the games he does and thats not right just let the 2 teams get on with it and do the thing 50/50. I am in know way taking anything away from the Harps as they def put in a better 2nd half display and they also got decisions against them that were wrong including the equalising point at the death.

the problem with some of theses ref's are they so arrogant and try to talk down to you. If a guy spoke to me out in the street they way some ref's speak to you on the pitch I'd knock their block off.

P.S. i know he had to listen to some fools on the line but that should not make any difference to his decisions as a foul is a free no matter what is shouted from the sidelines or crowds...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Scarface

That is an honest enough assessment of the match there ILLDECIDE. Clans were best in 1st half - Harps best in 2nd. Few mysterious decisions from ref alright. Maybe we should just say that a draw was a fair result.

full back

There is no point in trying to defend RG, pints.
Illdecide got it right when he said he is a clown (although that is putting it a bit mild)
He talks down to everyone & indeed has to be the centre of attention
Its not the first time someone has mentioned him on the board - everyone cant be wrong ???

gaapunter

Quote from: Candyman on April 28, 2008, 10:58:03 AM
in all honesty do you not think the Harps had every opportunity to win it in the 2nd half??? think you's only got 2/3 scores in that period?

I was at that Harps Clans Match and to be honest the Harps are a very poor team- in fact i do think the worst in division 1 and will struggle to stay there and the lads are right i have never seen a worst refeering disply in all my days

IVEDECIDED

I agree with most of whats being said and indeed the fact that the Clans only had a few attacks in the second period but answer me this lads - how many scores did the Harps get from play in the match? Id say 1 or 2. Given this fact how many of their scores came from dubious decisions? I dont think a draw was a fair reslut I think Clans were value for the win because although yer man Quigley was poor for both teams the majority of bad decisions were against the Clans and in scorable positions.

gander

Any word what happened in the Middletown match?  Heard it was abondoned near the end for fighting!

bennydorano

The Clans position is done no favours by the fact that idiots (illdecide aside) represent them on here.

IVEDECIDED

Get your dick out of 'illdecide' - im not sure what match he was at yesterday but it wasnt the one that I witnessed!

doire na raithe

Quote from: Uladh on April 28, 2008, 07:53:01 AM

what was the dromintee starting 15 DnR?
where you not at it uladh? Team was: s. McCoy, c. Mcguiness, m. McGahon, c. White, s. Fearon, b. McArdle, c. O'Neill, s. O'Neill, v. Martin, marty O'Rourke, k. Fearon, r. McCoy, o. Gaughran, c. Gaskin, mick O'Rourke

gaapunter

Quote from: bennydorano on April 28, 2008, 12:05:43 PM
The Clans position is done no favours by the fact that idiots (illdecide aside) represent them on here.

comimg out with a statement like that- is free speech not allowed- i think you wil find most of the clans lads are players or have played - were as you i would say some up most of the fools on sites like this i.e who have never kicked a oneills in their lifes-

Edited by Mod3. Please refrain from Personal abuse. Any more and you will receive a ban.

el_cuervo_fc

Disappointed with the draw yesterday against cross.  cross scored a goal in the opening 5 minutes. we came back at them and went in the at the  break 0-6 to 1-1.  cross opened up with 3 points unanswered straight into the second half.  we chased to game from then on and fought well to come back for the draw.  final score 1-6 to 0-9  :(

IVEDECIDED

Was it a good game? I was considering going to that on only Cross is too far away.

pintsofguinness

FFS calm down winsam, if I wanted to make a snide remark I'd do worse than that.
gaapunter isn't to be taken seriously.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?