Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Surreal Steve on April 25, 2008, 03:22:10 PM
its surprising cross have won that many trophies considering, ya know, theyre all insestuous.

At least get the spelling right if you are going to insult somone!

TacadoirArdMhacha

Basically it was a bad decision to allow county finals to be played at Cross - they should have been moved to somewhere like Newry (but of course the County board dint want the embarassment). However the liklehood is that Cross would have won each county final in Newry, Blayney, Crossmaglen or Cork.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

IVEDECIDED

Quote from: Surreal Steve on April 25, 2008, 03:22:10 PM
its surprising cross have won that many trophies considering, ya know, theyre all insestuous.

:D :D ;D ;D :D :D ;D ;D

winsamsoon

This is a simple argument lads, All we are saying is that the final gis an extra inch advantage to cross. We are not attributing the success of Cross to this but even the purists will admit the advantage like Broken has done. I have already said that no blame should lie with the cross which brings us back to our old friend the county board. They are to blame and no one else. But not to admit the home pitch gives some form of advantage is laughable from a non cross perspective. If we were fortunate enough to reach the county final i would snap at the chance for the final to be played in Davitt park as would any team in their home pitch. Just for the record in 06' we offered to toss a coin for home venue with cross for the final, our friends again in the the county board rejected the offer. Game i Cross, the result is another stat  :D
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

goh4205

Quote from: IVEDECIDED on April 25, 2008, 01:24:26 PM
Hopefully this will be a problem consigned to the history books this year lads and wel have our own facility which is fair to all clubs. Not only will the athletic grounds be no teams 'home' pitch but it is also idealy located so as its fair to all sections of the county.

Maybe you have the insight so as to get the Buckie boys to stop firing their broken bottles onto the pathetic grounds then.  Isn't that why the county stopped training on it as one of them got a massive gash in 2006.
Facts are lads, it's all to do with health & safety were the matches are played, no matter what the county board says or does.  Maybe all the anti-Cross brigade should setup a thread and direct their venom toward them....

TacadoirArdMhacha

QuoteMaybe all the anti-Cross brigade should setup a thread and direct their venom toward them....

And this thread is for what exactly?

winsamsoon

Maybe someone should state then whether they are anti cross or not???? ffs this is starting to becoming daft.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

crossfire

By all accounts this years County final will be in the Athletic Grounds which i would welcome wholeheartedly.

Perhaps it will put an end to the griping but i am sure the begrudgers will find something else to gripe about

But if Cross are in this years County final you can bet your life on it that we will win it.

Whatever chance any team has of beating Cross in the 2008 championship it will not be in the final.

Since 1996 Cross have played in 24 finals

Won 22 ...... Drew 2 ...... Lost 0.

Get real lads.

doire na raithe

Health and safety reasons were stated by goh and others for the final being in cross. Why then, could somebody tell me were these so important rules allowed to slide for semi finals?

TacadoirArdMhacha

QuoteBy all accounts this years County final will be in the Athletic Grounds which i would welcome wholeheartedly.

Perhaps it will put an end to the griping but i am sure the begrudgers will find something else to gripe about

But if Cross are in this years County final you can bet your life on it that we will win it.

Whatever chance any team has of beating Cross in the 2008 championship it will not be in the final.

Since 1996 Cross have played in 24 finals

Won 22 ...... Drew 2 ...... Lost 0.

Get real lads.

Munster hadn't lost a game in Thomond Park for a decade but Leicester came and beat them last year. These records inevitably get broken eventually.

goh4205

Quote from: doire na raithe on April 25, 2008, 06:40:14 PM
Health and safety reasons were stated by goh and others for the final being in cross. Why then, could somebody tell me were these so important rules allowed to slide for semi finals?

It's all to do with the expected crowd attending..  I know someone who knows the health & safety office who inspected the ground for the 2006 final when Dromintee kicked had reservations about home advantage and quite simply they were told that there was no other pitch in Armagh that could facilitate the expected crowd.  The options were Newry or Clones, which the county board wouldn't allow as it would have been seen as an embarrassment upon the county..

goh4205

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on April 25, 2008, 05:55:20 PM
QuoteMaybe all the anti-Cross brigade should setup a thread and direct their venom toward them....

And this thread is for what exactly?

Armagh Club football & hurling ,not anti club hatred chap!!!!

tyroneman

Just back from watching Clann Eireann v the Tones as I happened to be in Lurgan tonight. 2 very average teams although Clann Eireann can feel rightly aggrieved not to have at least drawn this match.

Referee gave most decisions to the visiors including a highly controversial  winning point at the death where one umpire (Tones) signalled point and the other (CE) wide. Draw would have been fair enough to be honest.

Ryan Henderson starred for the home side kicking a lovely point off Moriarity (Amragh starter - yeah right) to level late on.

Whoever missed the goal chance in the 2nd half for Clann Eireann should be ashamed of themselves - they were so close to the open net you would swear they kicked it back out again.

charlie stubbs

THINK HENDERSON SCORED ALL CLANN EIREANN POINTS

qub la la la

henderson is only dangerous when playing in the full forward line. dont understand why clann eireann are playing him at right half forward. talking to a tones man today and he said they were happy seeing him line out at number 10 but he was a real danger when moved inside.