Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IVEDECIDED

Whats wrong with what hes saying ceasefire?

crossfire

TO ULADH

Six county finals plus 8 Ulster club games.

corn02

Six county finals is a bit crazy. There is not doubt playing the final in Cross gives them a massive advantage and I don't think BC would deny that. But it is the fault of the county board. One - other grounds could have held the games and two - The Atlethic ground being unusable.

I don't see what would be so embarrasing about playing the final in the marshes when we have had the emabarrasemnt of playing our home Championship county games in Clones for the last decade.

IVEDECIDED

Hopefully this will be a problem consigned to the history books this year lads and wel have our own facility which is fair to all clubs. Not only will the athletic grounds be no teams 'home' pitch but it is also idealy located so as its fair to all sections of the county.

doire na raithe

Its total brute ignorance that crossfire et al cannot simply admit the plain fact, that is clear to see by everyone, that playing a final in your own back yard is an advantage. To say anything else is to insult people writing on this thread and you can't really hope to be listened to with any credibility.

brokencrossbar1

Of course it is an advantage but the simple fact is that we have won consistently on probably every viable championship venue in Armagh and most of them in Ulster.  Whenever the Ogs made the final in 1998 I think it was there was no problem us playing them in the Athletics Ground, and beating them.

It is an easy to make excuses but pitches don't win games.  Neither does a referees decision.  Neither does the weather.  All these are excuses made by teams who do not win.  You either have it or you don't.  If anything for me as a player i would far rather beat a team in their own backyard and it would be a real driving force to succeed.

IVEDECIDED

I agree these are excuses made by loosing teams but its also unrealistic to say that they are not factors that affect the outcomes of games. The standard of refereeing in Armagh is absolutely abysmal and we let our best team have home advantage in the biggest game in the county. Are you trying to tell me Man Utd wouldnt be at an advantage if the Champions league final was in Old Trafford and Roy Keane was refereeing? :D

Surreal Steve

Brokencrossbar1, you sound like a gay.

How much did the brits pay use anyway? Not sure how it worked out, was there an overall contribution to the club or did every member/player get a lump sum? Is it possible your still on her majesty's payroll?

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: IVEDECIDED on April 25, 2008, 02:20:00 PM
I agree these are excuses made by loosing teams but its also unrealistic to say that they are not factors that affect the outcomes of games. The standard of refereeing in Armagh is absolutely abysmal and we let our best team have home advantage in the biggest game in the county. Are you trying to tell me Man Utd wouldnt be at an advantage if the Champions league final was in Old Trafford and Roy Keane was refereeing? :D

I am not saying it is not an advantage, but lets face it is an easy get out clause for some.  The simple fact is that Cross have had too much class for about 90% of the teams in Ireland over the last decade and I think they will continue to do so in Armagh for another few years.

Surreal Steve what is you problem, first the Liverpool thread and now here, have you some defect in your head?

doire na raithe

No one is denying Cross's credentials BC. You don't win x amount of championships through luck or anything else.

Do you admit that it is unfair, and frankly unacceptable for any team beit Cross, Og's or anyone in Ireland, to play a county final in their own home ground where they have been playing all their lives, have used the dressing rooms, the facilities week in, week out, have kicked thousands of points over the bar, scored hundreds of goals, they know the pitch (for want of a better phrase) like the back of their hands, i'll rap this up... do you believe this is acceptable or fair?

IVEDECIDED

So your a Cross man and a Scouser brokeback1 - there is just no way we are ever gonna get on is there! :D Cross have had too much class your dead right. No arguments whatsoever and yes it is a gripe by those who that annoys the most. But that doesnt mean its not a genuine worry for teams. The fact that Cross dont need any help in finals is what bugs people. Its hard enough to beat them on any pitch but on their own - a step too far for most teams in Ireland as you said. Bellaghy aside of course.  ;) ;D ;D

brokencrossbar1

I agree it should be played at a neutral venue and if there was one available then let it be played there.  It wouldn't matter to me or anyone else who has played for Cross where a game is played.  The reality is I believe that all things being equal, Cross are capable of continuing the run they are on in Armagh for a few years yet, no matter where the games are played.  The final should be somewhere else and it is incumbent on the Armagh Board to sort that out, not Cross. 

As for Bellaghy, they may have beaten us, but they never won that year, so it was all in vain.

IVEDECIDED

Maybe it wasnt Bellaghy beat yous - maybe it was the blue in their jersey. ;) :D ;D

brokencrossbar1

Dromintee?  Clans? St Gall's?  ;D

Surreal Steve

its surprising cross have won that many trophies considering, ya know, theyre all insestuous.