Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

downtown

Ballymacnab beat blackwater by 4 points!

bennydorano

charlie stubbs

just home from the sarsfields granemore game.  good enough game though sam mcclatchy tried his best to ruin it!!didnt do granemore any favours, was v hard for them to get a free and if they touched a sarsfields player he went own.  sarsfields ended up winning by a point. 

gmore had the wind in the first half and didnt use it well, they played a short passing game instead of putting the early ball into jason o neill who had a very good game at 14. 

sarsfields had a similiar problem with the breeze but they put 3 high balls into eamonn mcgeown in the 2nd half got a goal(should have been square ball) a point and a penalty that was brilliantly saved by the granemore keeper. 

armaghtrue

tirnanog beat keady by a point.  tirnanog probably deserved the win although keady hit some wides.. 

heganboy

I know this is ground that has been covered ealier, but as of now with the club season in its infancy, are there any young players that posters feel have a good shot at the county panel that have not had an opportunity yet.
I know there are the perennial old favourites, but I'm more interested in the 17-22 year olds that haven't really ever been tried out at all. Anybody think they have someone like that at their club?
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

pats-mc

Cullyhanna beat a disappointing killeavey side by six points. Good performances from Mal Mackin in midfield and halfback line of Ciaran O Hare, Ciaran Mc keever and Paidi Mc Creesh who scored two excellent second half points. Killeavey missing Stanfield but Mc Donnell played and Ciaran Mc Keever had a great game on him. Cullyhanna scored the games only goal in the first half through Liam O Hare after being well set up by young corner forward Kieran Hoey. Good start to the league from the pats men with four points picked up from four on their travels.

Real1995

Mullaghbawn beat Maghery by two points.....i have been watchin football for a long time and i have never seen as young a senior team as maghery had out today...of the starting 15 there looked to be 2 or possibly 3 players over the age of 25.....
Nice guys always finish second!

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Real1995 on April 20, 2008, 10:43:06 PM
Mullaghbawn beat Maghery by two points.....i have been watchin football for a long time and i have never seen as young a senior team as maghery had out today...of the starting 15 there looked to be 2 or possibly 3 players over the age of 25.....

You haven't seen the 'bridge in a while then.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

David McKeown

Collegeland beat Annaghmore by three points tonight but in truth it was never that close as Annaghmore couldnt get going and Collegeland opened up a 7 point lead inside 15 minutes.  Late goal for Annaghmore made the scoreline look respectable
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

armagh leg-end

madden bt ballyhagen by 5pts tonight in a hard physical game in ballyhagan.
Ard Mhacha Abu

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: armagh leg-end on April 21, 2008, 12:17:44 AM
madden bt ballyhagen by 5pts tonight in a hard physical game in ballyhagan.

Yup, Madden deservedly won, with Joe Feeney in particular very impressive for the Raperee's.

Paddy McKeever played his 2nd full game of the day & Paul McGrane came on after 20 minutes to finish the game also!

Best for Ballyhegan was Paul Courtney & Joey Murphy.

illdecide

Quote from: BenDover on April 21, 2008, 08:22:10 AM
The Ogs beat Clans by 2points

Yeah Og's beat us by 2pts, they deserved their win in a game where both teams were well under strength for a number of reasons. Clans only started to put it up to the Ogs with about 10 mins to go and at that stage Ogs were winning by 7 pts. Bumpy missed 2 chances late on that could have had a draw that we prob wouldn't have deserved.

P Hughes refereed it and was fair enough to both teams, a good ref but he does blow up very quick for we petty fouls. We are def heading towards a non contact sport lads...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

buglebhoy

What's the story with Philly Loughran apparently going to Dromintee?? Was at Clady 50 year gala night and the was some unpleasant words between Cathal O'Rourke and Philly's brother regarding Philly wanting to leave Clady!! Is he for leaving does anyone know??

IVEDECIDED

Quote from: illdecide on April 21, 2008, 10:10:38 AM
Quote from: BenDover on April 21, 2008, 08:22:10 AM
The Ogs beat Clans by 2points

Yeah Og's beat us by 2pts, they deserved their win in a game where both teams were well under strength for a number of reasons. Clans only started to put it up to the Ogs with about 10 mins to go and at that stage Ogs were winning by 7 pts. Bumpy missed 2 chances late on that could have had a draw that we prob wouldn't have deserved.

P Hughes refereed it and was fair enough to both teams, a good ref but he does blow up very quick for we petty fouls. We are def heading towards a non contact sport lads...
[/color]

I was at the game illdecide I thought the Clans were woeful to be honest, a shadow of the team of recent weeks, they let the Ogs dictate the game. What was up with yous? And why was Marsden etc not playing?