Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gaapunter

Quote from: IVEDECIDED on April 15, 2008, 04:14:53 PM
This Stinks to the high Heavens and cannot be allowed to go unpunished! The county board are too soft with Cross and constantly allow them to be made a mockery off. If I was in the position I would have said to Cross, take your county players back but you wont need them for anything cause your out of the league and championship. ONLY THEN WILL YOU SEE THEM WISE UP. Its an absolute disgrace and I hope some of the county board read this thread cause heres a personal message to yous all - you should hold your heads in shame and disgrace!

Dam right - sick of them dirty cross scum dictating things- at least we all know that mcdonnell is now not only a bin lid but also a 100 5 yes man- if Grimlley was the manager this would not have happened- throw them cross tramps out of the league and championship is rite

supersarsfields

Here lads I was just looking a bit of info. Just wondering if you's could tell me who the Armagh Physio is? Is it Paul Carragher from Newry?

winsamsoon

The concern here is for the ordinary club layer that seems to be year in year out overlooked by these county managers but at the drop of a hat their games can be postponed or switched to accomodate the county. I wouldn't be sure about other counties but surely something has to be done to ensure the club players get a fair craic. They have already  put the championship back to september and october meaning the average lad will have to train the nutsac off for 8 or 9 months before the highlight of the season starts. This was done for two reasons imo, Firstly to suit the county and secondly to suit Cross who they thought would win another all Ireland and give them a break before they got back to defend the title. There is not another team in the county that this rulling suited so i am finding it hard to change my mind. Everyone knows the best time for the championship is in and around July and August. It is quite easy with a bit of brains to pencil it in around county games. Claiming that it was to make the league more competitive was a load of bollox. I wouldn't be 10% sure what went on with that Cross- Culloville game but rest assured Cross will come out on top. If the gun was put to their head then you would see a different negotiation coming to the table. The best thing to do would be to bring it to the attention of the press then the rest of the country could see what a mockery the set up is in Armagh. But don't confuse my argument, i don't bame the Cross for their abuse of the system. The buck stops with the county board.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

gander

Quote from: gaapunter on April 16, 2008, 10:04:48 AM
This Stinks to the high Heavens and cannot be allowed to go unpunished! The county board are too soft with Cross and constantly allow them to be made a mockery off. If I was in the position I would have said to Cross, take your county players back but you wont need them for anything cause your out of the league and championship. ONLY THEN WILL YOU SEE THEM WISE UP. Its an absolute disgrace and I hope some of the county board read this thread cause heres a personal message to yous all - you should hold your heads in shame and disgrace!

Dam right - sick of them dirty cross scum dictating things- at least we all know that mcdonnell is now not only a bin lid but also a 100 5 yes man- if Grimlley was the manager this would not have happened- throw them cross tramps out of the league and championship is rite

Not sure what this has to do with McDonnell, he has no control over when club teams play - thats the county board.  It wont make any difference to him whether they play on Sat or Sunday Evening, so I doubt if he cares.

holylandsniper

Quote from: gander on April 16, 2008, 10:51:21 AM

Dam right - sick of them dirty cross scum dictating things- at least we all know that McDonnell is now not only a bin lid but also a 100 5 yes man- if Grimlley was the manager this would not have happened- throw them cross tramps out of the league and championship is rite

Not sure what this has to do with McDonnell, he has no control over when club teams play - thats the county board.   It wont make any difference to him whether they play on Sat or Sunday Evening, so I doubt if he cares.

Are they both not the same, or as things changed under the new regime where the manager doesn't dictate what happens with clubs and players etc

gander

Quote from: holylandsniper on April 16, 2008, 11:39:50 AM
Quote from: gander on April 16, 2008, 10:51:21 AM

Dam right - sick of them dirty cross scum dictating things- at least we all know that McDonnell is now not only a bin lid but also a 100 5 yes man- if Grimlley was the manager this would not have happened- throw them cross tramps out of the league and championship is rite

Not sure what this has to do with McDonnell, he has no control over when club teams play - thats the county board.   It wont make any difference to him whether they play on Sat or Sunday Evening, so I doubt if he cares.

Are they both not the same, or as things changed under the new regime where the manager doesn't dictate what happens with clubs and players etc

I cant say for sure if an Armagh manager is influencing club fixtures but its nothing to do with them.  Cant see why they would care when clubs play either,  County players generally wouldn't be playing for clubs coming up to championship matches anyway.

bennydorano

Speaking to a 'Cruppen man this morning and he told me they tried to get their B game off with Cross because of a deceased members mass, but Cross told them they'd be turning up and told the ref to turn up, nice.  Cruppen should threaten to pull out of the league and see what happens :-[

IVEDECIDED

Well son when Kernan was the manager he decided if and when club fixtures took place and as per usual the county board bowed down to his every request. What makes you so sure they have changed with Mc Donnell? Seamus Mc Donagh is the man who looks after club fixtures and he is an absolute joke - I hope you read this Seamus. He bows down to every bully boy tactic in the book and lets his own club, Dromintee, away with blue murder when it comes to fixtures and calling games off. It seems if a cat dies within 10 mile of Dromintee its such a tradegy that the senior team cant make the trip to play a game of football due to them being incapacitated with grief over the poor wee pussy!!

corn02

Get a hold of yourself Ivedecided, please give examples of when Dromintee have done this?

crossfire

TO CORN 02
Ignore the FAKE ID. He's talking rubbish as usual.

TO GAA PUNTER
Even if Cross were thrown out of the championship,yous still wouldn't win it.

IVEDECIDED

Well Corn only last year Clan na Gael had to play Dromintee twice in the last couple of weeks of the season and one of the matches wasnt played at all. At the start of last season they called of around four or five matches. This resulted in them having congested fixtures at the end of the season and they ended up not completing them all.

IVEDECIDED

As for you crossdresser - all your club is good for is bullynig officialls and boards. If yous were a truely legendary team yous would have played culloville without a problem and yous would offer to play county finals elswhere other than your own home pitch. Yes yous have outstanding players but as for gamesmanship and fair play - none existent down there in the deep south!!

winsamsoon

I see this argument is starting now into a blame game between clubs based on club rivalries but we are talking about the failure of the county board here. I think all clubs would call games off if they could at certain times of the year, it would make sense. But they generally try to fulfil all fixtures when they are fixed.I know my club do anyway. I also feel  clubs should try to acccomodate others if they are genuine and if it is possible to do so Ie golf classics and other club events. The issue of death has been misused by clubs in the past and it is a subject that shouldn't be messed with. If someone with a genuine belonging to any club has died then there should be no issue with the game being called off as a mark of respect. The county should make this clear at the start of some year and highlight that the rules are the same for all clubs involved and that no one for any reason can get special treatment. It's the only fair way and the only right way. It would probably stop us from having this debate aswell.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

Goats Do Shave

Why do you think Cross wanted the game postponed?

corn02

I seem to remeber Dromintee and Clans playing an excellent free-flowing game at the end of last year.