Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goats Do Shave

St Peter's beat Ballyhegan by 6 points.

2 soft goals & Davitt's inability to convert their first half dominance into scores proved costly.

Peter's improved after the break & won convincingly in the end!

winsamsoon

I see the Cross Culloville game was called off . But i heard Culloville weren't to happy with this and were going to claim the points. Any truth in this rumour???
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

illdecide

Quote from: winsamsoon on April 15, 2008, 09:51:41 AM
I see the Cross Culloville game was called off . But i heard Culloville weren't to happy with this and were going to claim the points. Any truth in this rumour???

Do you really think they'll get them ::) The same thing happened for this weekend, i was told Ogs and Cross refused to play on the Fri/Sat night and told the county board Sunday evening or nothing. How do they get away with it ??? if it was any other team in Armagh you'd be told when and where to play and if you don't like then hand the 2pts over...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

shot stopper

Is this why all league fixtures this weekend are Sunday evening rather than Sat??
Sat evening fixtures seem to be preferable for players and supporters. Cant see why they dont become permanent!!

Malone Aristocrat

Thats why this weeks games are sunday.

Cross told the county board they'd be withdrawing all of their players from the minor and senior panels if they're game was not moved to sunday night so they could have their county panellists. culloville refused and game was called off. culloville claiming the points and will go all the way to croke park if necessary cos they expect the county board to fold as usual.

Cross are some craic. In the papers last year complaining that noone in armagh would play them a week after claiming points for games they'd agree to refix and now this shite.

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: illdecide on April 15, 2008, 11:52:17 AM
Quote from: winsamsoon on April 15, 2008, 09:51:41 AM

Do you really think they'll get them ::) The same thing happened for this weekend, i was told Ogs and Cross refused to play on the Fri/Sat night and told the county board Sunday evening or nothing. How do they get away with it ??? if it was any other team in Armagh you'd be told when and where to play and if you don't like then hand the 2pts over...

The Ogs had actually asked for the game to be played on the friday night.  There was NO ultimatum given though.

winsamsoon

Well as i have said before and i think most of you will agree, i don't blame Cross or the Ogs i blame the county board for being weak and not making a stand. The games on a saturday are ideal for supporters and the majority of players as it allows the odd saturday nite out with the missus or the boy friend if that's what you are into. :D :D  Also most people are not doing much on a saturday evening and can attend the games. Clubs should not be permitted to hold the county board to ransom. The county team are effectively holding the clubs to ransom also. They are asking the clubs to bend over backwards for the county team and i can assure you if the she was on the other foot there would be no concessions. If this is the case then the county board should have the ghoulies to call their bluff and if need be expose them. Let them pull players out of the county panel . The county will find other players. Then hand out fines for failure to fulfil fixtures and take the points off them. It ain't cullovilles fault the cross can't field their best players. Now i am not saying they cannot be accomodated because if these lads are putting themselves forward for county duty then they should be given the chance to represent their club aswell. However threatening strikes and withdrawals is not the way to go. Sounds like the cork debacle.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

IVEDECIDED

This Stinks to the high Heavens and cannot be allowed to go unpunished! The county board are too soft with Cross and constantly allow them to be made a mockery off. If I was in the position I would have said to Cross, take your county players back but you wont need them for anything cause your out of the league and championship. ONLY THEN WILL YOU SEE THEM WISE UP. Its an absolute disgrace and I hope some of the county board read this thread cause heres a personal message to yous all - you should hold your heads in shame and disgrace!

bennydorano

Thought it a bit strange this morning to see the club fixtures(in the Irish News) on Sunday evening as I checked the official Armagh website last night and they were down for saturday evening.  Set of stones required somewhere along the line.

Sidelined

More Cross v Culloville games ding-dong then? If Cross hadn't thrown their league game last year Culloville would be in Division Two now. I somehow dont think Culloville will do too much. But it is in their right to push for the points.

illdecide

Quote from: bennydorano on April 15, 2008, 04:41:13 PM
Thought it a bit strange this morning to see the club fixtures(in the Irish News) on Sunday evening as I checked the official Armagh website last night and they were down for saturday evening.  Set of stones required somewhere along the line.

Big time. It's obvious somebody said something and they were changed. We'll all have to take it up the ass as usual(not literally) and do what were told >:(
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

umgolaarmagh

[/quote]

he is the youngest of the John soupie Campbell family (John has a son about 12 years of age and that cub is going to be like his da (at football to any of you who know John i could have been talking about several matters there).

[/quote]

LMFAO   ;D ;D

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Sidelined on April 15, 2008, 05:01:24 PM
More Cross v Culloville games ding-dong then? If Cross hadn't thrown their league game last year Culloville would be in Division Two now. I somehow dont think Culloville will do too much. But it is in their right to push for the points.

Took the words out of my mouth.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

crossfire

Check the fixtures book

The game against Culloville last saturday was meant to be a home game for Cross but the county board would not let the pitch be played on prior to the dublin game.
Cross offerred to play the game on sunday night but Culloville refused
If this weeks games were played on saturday all clubs could use their county players which would not be great preparation for the Cork game.hence the sunday fixtures.There were no treats made
Get your facts right boys.

TacadoirArdMhacha

QuoteIf this weeks games were played on saturday all clubs could use their county players which would not be great preparation for the Cork game.hence the sunday fixtures.

Why would the clubs be allowed to use their players this Saturday when they weren't allowed last Saturday? What's different about this week than last week?

Personally it's a huge advantage for us to have the county players but the league has to ruin fairly with the same consideration given to all clubs.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead