Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

diesel-smuggler

sorry typing error haha!

i was told last night an port mor beat newtown when it was infact tir na nog who beat them!

David McKeown

Annaghmore beat Belleek 0-10 to 1-6 last night. Full report to follow shortly but Annaghmore lead for 50 minutes but nearly kicked themselves out of it as a goal from Belleek in the last 5 minutes put them ahead only for Annaghmore to kick two scores in injury time. Don't  know who the ref was but I thought he was one of the best I've seen in a long time apart from his whistling of two man tackles which at least he was consistent with.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

anportmorforjfc

Granmore beat anportmor 1-16 to 1-9 ref was a joke. scoreline didnt reflect the game. The game was tight until last 10 mins. Ref sent off anportmor number 12 for shoulder in the back. bad decision. that changed the game and granmore won with ease.

winsamsoon

Clans beat cullyhanna 1-10 to 0-08 could have won by a bucket if they would have taken there chances but instead the game was in the melting pot until we got our goal with about ten minutes to go.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

Shooter

Quote from: diesel-smuggler on April 13, 2008, 09:22:12 AM
sorry typing error haha!

i was told last night an port mor beat newtown when it was infact tir na nog who beat them!

Tir na nog were actually beat by 1 point

qub la la la

Quote from: Shooter on April 13, 2008, 07:11:13 PM
Quote from: diesel-smuggler on April 13, 2008, 09:22:12 AM
sorry typing error haha!

Tir na nog were actually beat by 1 point

who actually beat who?? like ds i heard port mor had beaten newtown.

TacadoirArdMhacha

QuoteClans beat cullyhanna 1-10 to 0-08 could have won by a bucket if they would have taken there chances but instead the game was in the melting pot until we got our goal with about ten minutes to go.

I think saying they shoulda won by a "bucket" is going a bit far but certainly Clanns were the better side last night. What was frustrating was that when we finally started to play a bit of good football and got within a point, we conceded a slack goal which put the game beyond reach although we had a really good chance for a goal late on.

Clans played well in fairness, very slick in attack. Marsden is still very crucial to them - always chooses the right options with the ball. Ronan Austin also had an excellent game at full forward. Thought Mal Mackin and Paul Toner were best for St Pat's - our main problem was that we were too predictable in attack. Not having Ciaran McKeever and Liam O'Hare is a huge loss for us but something we're going to have to learn to cope with. Big game next week which should give us some perspective on where we are now compared to last year.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

pats-mc

Disappointing result for the pats versus a Clan Na Gael side which played some great football at times during the game. Marsden and Bumpy are still  a joy to behold in full flight though Ronan Austin looks as if he is starting to come back into form again.  For Clanns people out there.1 what age is young Campbellwho scored the goal. Is he a brother of John Campbell. Also who was the guy who played midfield with Bumpy thought he was a decent player as well.). I thought the goal was crucial moment in the match as Cullyhanna had come within a point of the Clanns men . Cullyhanna started with a number of young players last night who did quite well. Niall Mc Shane and Tony Donnelly were impresive but you would have to say that us not having Liam and Ciaran left us with a mountain to climb against a Clans team with so many good players.

armaghtrue

tirnanog were beat by a point.. was a good match and a draw wud have been fair result.. good 1st half by newtown and good 2nd half by portadown and bad match by referee, he was inconsistant and gave silly things but let three man tackles go all day. not much effect on game, maybee shud have gave portydown men a point. but both teams look strong and will be there in august..

armaghtrue

young campbell is 16 for clans. how is mackin playin for st pats???

corn02

Mullaghbawn and Dromintee drew.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quoteyoung campbell is 16 for clans. how is mackin playin for st pats???

Thought Mal was our best player yesterday - came into the game well and caught some good ball. He kicked a couple of good points although he missed a few as well.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

winsamsoon

Young soupy, younger brother of thee soupy is 16 and has the makings of a good one. The other midfielder is stephen o hagan who has been playign now for some years and will always give 100%. The clans had a young squad out last night aswell with the majority of the payers between the ages of 18-25. So it was a fine performance with many of them lads making senior debuts.

winsamsoon

Lads i see orchardcounty has rebelled and is back up and running. fair play till Barry for keeping the freedom of speech act alive. But i don feel for the other lad who had launched the Armaghcountyfans site. Not sure what way this will leave him as they have closed that site down.

illdecide

Quote from: winsamsoon on April 13, 2008, 11:44:06 PM
Young soupy, younger brother of thee soupy is 16 and has the makings of a good one. The other midfielder is stephen o hagan who has been playign now for some years and will always give 100%. The clans had a young squad out last night aswell with the majority of the payers between the ages of 18-25. So it was a fine performance with many of them lads making senior debuts.

Young Stefan Campbell is now 17 but is still minor next year and yes he is the youngest of the John soupie Campbell family (John has a son about 12 years of age and that cub is going to be like his da (at football to any of you who know John i could have been talking about several matters there).

I didn't know what to expect from that man Casey on the line (Going by what Pints was saying about him, i was expecting a monster) but in fairness he was ok to us and was actually a bit of craic at times. He actually caught a ball on the side line that wasn't out therefore giving possesion back to the clans so he seems a right fella ;) ;) :D everyone just bursted out laughing when he done this...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch