Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

illdecide

Quote from: diesel-smuggler on April 07, 2008, 11:42:00 PM
illdecide its clann eireann that are playing cruppen this saturday evening and not clan na gael

I sort of gathered that. Just messing ;D
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Candyman

Any predictions from these fixtures:

Maghery v Pearse Og             Maghery to just shade it. I'd go for Maghery simply because the Ogs won't have their Co men available who are a massive loss to them.
Dromintee v Mullaghbawn       Dromintee
Killeavey v Harps                    Harps  ;)
Crossmaglen v Culloville           Cross
St Patrick's v Clan Na Gael       Clans...  County men run the show for Dorsey last sunday but arent available Sat evening (McKeever, Mackin, O'Hare)

full back

Any word on the referee's for the games?

diesel-smuggler

division 2

Wolfe Tones v Ballymacnab - tough call ballymacnab impressed against us last sunday and wolfe tones hammered an port mor - will go for tones simply on home advantage.

Sarsfields v Whitecross - both teams lost last sunday would have to fancy whitecross on this one.

Keady v Silverbridge - silverbridge will be hoping to kickstart their season and will want to get off to a winning start after last sunday's defeat - silverbridge by 2

Granemore v An Port Mor - granemore should have too much in the tank and should win this one!

St Michael's v Tir na nÓg - st. michael's will be buoyed after beating the bridge last time out, brian mallon will be a massive loss to tir na nog - home win

Carrickcruppen v Clann Eireann - we came away from ballymacnab having robbed a point in injury time, this is clann eireann first game of season - cruppen by 4

winsamsoon

ballymacnab will beat the tones
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

High Catch

illdecide

Quote from: winsamsoon on April 08, 2008, 10:12:54 AM
ballymacnab will beat the tones

I'll decide who beats who ;)

Just to be awkward I'll go for the draw

Maghery
Draw
Killeavey (Sorry Harps guys)
Cross
Clans
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

holylandsniper

Maghery v Pearse Og             Maghery
Dromintee v Mullaghbawn       Dromintee
Killeavey v Harps                    Harps 
Crossmaglen v Culloville           Cross
St Patrick's v Clan Na Gael       Cullyhanna

Uladh

Very difficult to assess teams this early in the season, especially without seeing them. Going on hunches, guesses, stories and reports it looks as though
clans might be in decent shape with DM in full tow.
cullyhanna will be very competitive in the division but as has been said, the county players are probably vital to them.
Maghery seem to be poorly organised and well back.
Mullaghbawn will be the usual high energy side but lack quality.
Dromintee - hard to know. beat a poor maghery without the 2 o'rourkes but could be running out of resources.
Ogs seem to be moving well and should progress from last year.
Harps look to have taken a few more steps back but this weekend will say more about them
killeavy will be fit and organised but will lack a scoring threat in this division without their 2 county men (stanfield should be available sat?)
Cross - assuming they'll not be training their starters much at this stage but have more than adequate cover.
Cullaville - Alan o'neill's retiremant will have hit them but will be aggressive and direct as usual

Cross to win the league ahead of clans and ogs
Killeavy, cullaville and harps to battle for survival

This weekend -

Maghery v Pearse Og            Ogs
Dromintee v Mullaghbawn      Draw
Killeavey v Harps                   Killeavy
Crossmaglen v Culloville          Cross
St Patrick's v Clan Na Gael      Clans

Candyman

Quote from: Uladh on April 08, 2008, 12:08:41 PM

Very difficult to assess teams this early in the season, especially without seeing them. Going on hunches, guesses, stories and reports it looks as though
clans might be in decent shape with DM in full tow.
cullyhanna will be very competitive in the division but as has been said, the county players are probably vital to them.
Maghery seem to be poorly organised and well back.
Mullaghbawn will be the usual high energy side but lack quality.
Dromintee - hard to know. beat a poor maghery without the 2 o'rourkes but could be running out of resources.
Ogs seem to be moving well and should progress from last year.
Harps look to have taken a few more steps back but this weekend will say more about them
killeavy will be fit and organised but will lack a scoring threat in this division without their 2 county men (stanfield should be available sat?)
Cross - assuming they'll not be training their starters much at this stage but have more than adequate cover.
Cullaville - Alan o'neill's retiremant will have hit them but will be aggressive and direct as usual

Cross to win the league ahead of clans and ogs
Killeavy, cullaville and harps to battle for survival
This weekend -

Maghery v Pearse Og            Ogs
Dromintee v Mullaghbawn      Draw
Killeavey v Harps                   Killeavy
Crossmaglen v Culloville          Cross
St Patrick's v Clan Na Gael      Clans

We'll see....  ;)

corn02

If Ogs can not beat that Maghery side, they may be in trouble themselves.

Candyman

Are maghery really that bad this year??? I may have to change my predictions then....

winsamsoon

From all reports it looks as though maghery are returning to the baron days, which is a shame because they have a young enough squad at their disposal
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

Armagh Exile

QuoteAny word on the referee's for the games?

Referees have now been added to ACL fixtures,  Full Back.

anportmorforjfc

Does anyone think An Portmor have any chance of staying up? I havent really seen the quality of the other division 2 teams (except sarsfields last year). I remember us beating granemore nad ballymacnab 2 or 3 seasons ago but they seem to have improved. we are a team that are not good enough for division 2 and too good for division 3 :-\