Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: Candyman on April 07, 2008, 09:56:19 AM
El Cuervo were you's at full strength yesterday, did JP feature????

we had a few absent yday due to injuries, the likes of Andy, locky, toner etc.  JP is still with the physio at the county, should be making an appearance shortly.

Candyman

Where will Toner play, FB???
Didnt know he was pushing for a place, he didnt play much last year did he....
Here what about the Ballycrummy 5 GFC, have they played this season yet???  :D :D :D

IVEDECIDED

Listen goat - half those absentees are done, Tony Mac played yestersay and wouldnt have had the ball three times, so his bro aint far behind him. Bellew started the game and I honestly had to be told he played after the game, I actually argued with a guy that he wasnt playing, so forget about these big household 'names', the younger Cross players who played are the ones who are gonna be playing regularly before long and they are all involved in county teams so in my opinion they make cross a better team due to their youth and egerness. Im not for one minute naive enough to think those players would not make an impact but their day is almost over and the cross team that took the field yesterday was by no means 'weak' - thats my only point.

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: Candyman on April 07, 2008, 12:29:24 PM
Where will Toner play, FB???
Didnt know he was pushing for a place, he didnt play much last year did he....
Here what about the Ballycrummy 5 GFC, have they played this season yet??? :L:L:L

Toner only came back half way through the season last year after that spell in America.  He'll be pushing for a place surely when he gets back to full fitness, but he's been out injured for the past few months.

The founding member of the Ballycrummy 5 is now living in London, as is one of the committee.

Candyman

Aye i know he is.... rumour has it they make the jerseys a little bigger over there so he moved over to the big smoke to ply his trade where a GAA top didnt look like a bikini on him!!! ;)
(only jokin bigson ;):-*

Candyman

I see someone is keeping the BC 5's president upto date by text anyway... ;)

Armagh Exile

ARMAGH ALL-COUNTY LEAGUE FIXTURES

Saturday 6th April

Division One (6.00)
Maghery v Pearse Og (Off)
Killeavey v Harps (K McNeice)
Crossmaglen v Culloville (E Nugent)
St Patrick's v Clan Na Gael (T O'Hare)

Division Two (6.00)
Wolfe Tones v Ballymacnab (Off)
Sarsfields v Whitecross (H McCloy)
Keady v Silverbridge (J Burns)
Granemore v An Port Mor (D McDonnell)
St Michael's v Tir na nÓg (G Devlin)
Carrickcruppen v Clann Eireann (P Boylan)

Division Three (6.00)
Crossmaglen II v Lissummon (P Rath)
Clonmore v Collegeland (S Murray)
St Peter's v Ballyhegan (K Gallogly)
Grange v Tullysaran (O Hearty)
Annaghmore v Belleek (D McConville)
Madden v St Paul's (J Slevin)

Division Four (6.00)
Phelim Brady's v Middletown (S McKinley)
Shane O'Neill's v Forkhill (G Smith)
Mullaghbrack v Dorsey Emmett's (N Martin)
Clady v Derrynoose (R Quigley)
Bye – O'Hanlon's

Sunday 13 April
ACL - Division One (6.00)
Dromintee v Mullaghbawn (J McKee)

ACL - Division Four (6.00)
Corrinshego v Eire Og (J Lynch)

TG4

will the crossmaglen game go ahead at the weekend or where will it be played? its very unlikely that the county board will allow a league game to be played in the main cross pitch on saturday evening considering the debacle against the dubs last week and with them due in town again on sunday they will not want to be sent home again without playing  :D any cross posters know what is going to happen in this regard?

illdecide

I see from the fixtures Clans have to play 2 games at the one time on sat night. Away to St Pats and away to Carrickcruppin. Thats not fair ???
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: Candyman on April 07, 2008, 02:15:47 PM
I see someone is keeping the BC 5's president upto date by text anyway... ;)

I was on the phone to him.  He's on the beer

charlie stubbs

pog i think that the tones where in a false position last year.  the manager was a complte clown who no one could take seriously and a number of players had issues with him.  miceal magill has come in this year and the players seem to have respect for him.  the team last year was very young and inexperienced and i think magills experience will help especially in a defensive capacity as they shipped alot of goals last year.  think that they will finish midtable or upwards this season, though anportmor whereterrible and cant see much hope for them..

qub la la la

Quote from: IVEDECIDED on April 07, 2008, 12:30:34 PM
Listen goat - half those absentees are done, Tony Mac played yestersay and wouldnt have had the ball three times, so his bro aint far behind him. Bellew started the game and I honestly had to be told he played after the game, I actually argued with a guy that he wasnt playing, so forget about these big household 'names', the younger Cross players who played are the ones who are gonna be playing regularly before long and they are all involved in county teams so in my opinion they make cross a better team due to their youth and egerness. Im not for one minute naive enough to think those players would not make an impact but their day is almost over and the cross team that took the field yesterday was by no means 'weak' - thats my only point.

shows how much you know when you dont even recognise county men on the field. if you didnt notice bellew then the clans mustn't have been doing too much up front. how you can say any team minus players that start for the county team are not weakened is beyond belief. wise up!

pintsofguinness

Quote from: charlie stubbs on April 07, 2008, 05:52:20 PM
pog i think that the tones where in a false position last year.  the manager was a complte clown who no one could take seriously and a number of players had issues with him.  miceal magill has come in this year and the players seem to have respect for him.  the team last year was very young and inexperienced and i think magills experience will help especially in a defensive capacity as they shipped alot of goals last year.  think that they will finish midtable or upwards this season, though anportmor whereterrible and cant see much hope for them..

listen here charlie! Last year, having missed our first game with yourselves you convinced on here one day a couple of weeks before our second game that yous were a young and inexperienced side (fair enough) with little or no physcial presence!  Now imagine my surprise when I went to our game and actually found yous were one of the most physcial (verging on dirty!) sides in the division! I said it to you after the game and you never answered me.  Did you get rid of any of those big hallions with little or no football in them? I'm still waiting to see Moriarty kick players in a county game the way he kicked 'bridge lads that day.

Out of interest, what would the average age of the side be?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Shortso79

diesel-smuggler

illdecide its clann eireann that are playing cruppen this saturday evening and not clan na gael