Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armagh leg-end

madden beat lissummon today by 2points in a game which could have went either way!
Ard Mhacha Abu

TacadoirArdMhacha

QuoteGood win for Cullyhanna versus Harps by thirtenn points to seven . Excellent performances from Malachy Mackin and Barry Mc Conville in midfield and Liam O Hare and Aidan Mackin in attack. Harps very disappointing though even with all their county men apart from Peader Toal play Cheesy Cheesy :Ding. Ciaran Mc Keever came on as a sub for St Pats early in the game and made a big difference. Goods start for the pats.

Unfortunately I couldn't make the game meself but what a great result and sounds like a good performance. Brilliant start to the season beating the county finalists away from home.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

McLovin

Cruppen and the Nab drew 0 - 11 to 1-8. We stole a draw with a late Paul Keenan goal and free. We played none but never gave up. The nab handy enough, very fit for early season.

crossfire

Cross were short a few regulars for their visit to lurgan and were 5 nil down after 15 mins but a goal from Oisin got them going and they eventually went ahead after half time. However Clans fought back and held a one point lead going into injury time when substitute  Cathal Short scored a goal to snatch victory for Cross.

diesel-smuggler

corn - philip loughran is living in newry area now and heard from a reliable source that cathal o'rourke has been onto him regarding transferring to dromintee

maybe uladh could shed some light on this

diesel-smuggler

cruppen travelled to windswept ballymacnab today for the opening fixture of the new season and came away somewhat fortunate with a point!

ballymacnab well organised team, full of running and working for each other had been winning by 5 points at one stage and going into injury time was leading by 4 - referree played 7 minutes injury time added on to cover a number of second half injuries.

one thing for sure on their performance today alot of teams will find it hard coming away from ballymacnab with any points, on saying that i dont think we could play as bad as we did again! we i certainly hope not!

heard granemore beat whitecross by 4 points!

any other results???

bennydorano

Quote from: pats-mc on April 06, 2008, 06:10:08 PM
Harps very disappointing though even with all their county men apart from Peader Toal play :D :D :Ding.
Whats the smilies about ??? ???

Very impressed with Cullyhanna, very mobile team and will have little difficulty keeping their premier status, but their sights are probably set a lot higher than that, they will be a handful for every team in the division.  For a team with a bit of a bad name they were very disciplined, even saw the coach reprimanding the subs for some mouthing.

A game the Harps will want to forget in a hurry, Phiily McKinney was our best player by a long stretch, with some sporadic good play from Ebby Toal & Nippy.

Armagh Exile

Armagh ACL Results

Division One
Dromintee 0-10; Maghery 1-3
Pearse Og 2-10; Mullaghbawn 1-5
Culloville 1-10; Killeavey 0-10
Clan na Gael 0-11; Crossmaglen 2-8
Harps 0-7; St Patrick's 0-12

Division Two
Silverbridge 0-6; St Michael's 0-8
Tir na nÓg 2-13; Sarsfields 2-8
Whitecross 1-7; Granemore 1-10
Ballymacnab 0-11; Carrickcruppen 1-8
Clann Eireann v Keady (Off)
An Port Mor 0-8; Wolfe Tones 2-15

Division Three
Ballyhegan 1-6; Annaghmore 1-7
Belleek 3-11; Clonmore 1-7
Collegeland 0-11; Grange 1-7
Lissummon 1-4; Madden 0-9
St Paul's 1-8; St Peter's 0-9
Tullysaran v Crossmaglen II (Off)

Division Four
Derrynoose 0-14; Mullaghbrack 0-4
Dorsey Emmett's 2-7; Corrinshego 2-3
Eire Og 1-7; Shane O'Neill's 1-10
Forkhill 2-15; Phelim Brady's 0-3
Middletown 2-10; O'Hanlon's 0-5
Bye – Clady

From Aertel

pintsofguinness

Quote from: bennydorano on April 06, 2008, 08:44:59 PM
Quote from: pats-mc on April 06, 2008, 06:10:08 PM
Harps very disappointing though even with all their county men apart from Peader Toal play :D :D :Ding.
Whats the smilies about ??? ???

I wouldn't worry about it benny, they'll get a beat a few times and he won't be around.

QuoteDivision Two
Silverbridge 0-6; St Michael's 0-8
Tir na nÓg 2-13; Sarsfields 2-8
Whitecross 1-7; Granemore 1-10
Ballymacnab 0-11; Carrickcruppen 1-8
Clann Eireann v Keady (Off)
An Port Mor 0-8; Wolfe Tones 2-15

Great to see Whitecross and Cruppen dropping points already (nothing personal).  Surprised at the extent of the Tones victory, is An Port Mor that poor or have Tones improved drastically from last year?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

TacadoirArdMhacha

QuoteFor a team with a bit of a bad name they were very disciplined, even saw the coach reprimanding the subs for some mouthing.

As we were for the whole of 2007 as well Benny. Raging I missed the match now - just hope today isn't as good as it gets but would be reasonably confident we can do well this year although staying up and winning the intermediate championship are the 2 main goals.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

diesel-smuggler

how did your own game go pints?

who was sent off for newtown?

armaghtrue

was at the tir na nog sarsfields game today. handy win for portadown, looked strong with score line not telling the full story.  sarsfields will have alot to do to stay up, game was over early on. was thinkin at half time that there acctually was a good ref in armagh at halftime ( never seen him b4) but he tried to even it up in the second half, hense the score line. however strong win for portadown, if they up it a gear they in with a chance.. brian mallon looking good and strong, good news for armagh, looked fit..

pintsofguinness

Quote from: diesel-smuggler on April 06, 2008, 09:10:55 PM
how did your own game go pints?

who was sent off for newtown?

I wasn't it at DS, don't know who was sent off.  I heard Newtown weren't exactly impressive and we were poor enough, I think the whether had a lot of do with that though.  We'd the wind in the second half and didn't do a lot with it which I think was our downfall. 

pintsofguinness

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on April 06, 2008, 09:09:39 PM
QuoteFor a team with a bit of a bad name they were very disciplined, even saw the coach reprimanding the subs for some mouthing.

As we were for the whole of 2007 as well Benny. Raging I missed the match now - just hope today isn't as good as it gets but would be reasonably confident we can do well this year although staying up and winning the intermediate championship are the 2 main goals.

Yous weren't too disciplined when yous were taunting a man lying on the ground with a broken leg and dislocated ankle.

diesel-smuggler

we went in two points down at half time playing against the wind and to be honest thought it was a formality!

was very impressed with ballymacnab now in fairness to them! dominic clarke is over them this year and he had them well drilled!