Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I SHOT JR

What date are Armagh due to play the first round of the Ulster Championship against Cavan/Antrim this year?

Onion Bag

Quote from: I SHOT JR on April 03, 2008, 08:28:12 AM
What date are Armagh due to play the first round of the Ulster Championship against Cavan/Antrim this year?

Armaghs championship game between Either Antrim or Cavan is fixed for the 15th June,

If its Cavan it will be in Breffni

If its Antrim i heard it may be in Crossmaglen, but not too sure whether this is true or not

If there is a replay it will be on the 22nd of June
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

Uladh

It has to be a home tie for either armagh or the preliminary round winner. therefore if its armagh's home tie it'll be clones or if its the prelim winner it'll be brefni or casement

Onion Bag

Quote from: Uladh on April 03, 2008, 10:17:52 AM

It has to be a home tie for either armagh or the preliminary round winner. therefore if its armagh's home tie it'll be clones or if its the prelim winner it'll be brefni or casement

Antrim and Cavan are playing in the prelimanary round,

So as i said If its Cavan it will be in Breffini Park on the 15th June

And if its Antrim, There is a possibility it will be in Cross, coz there is hurling or something else on in Casement

winsamsoon

As i know little about the subject at hand i am greatful for the knowledge Onion bag has provided he obviously knows his stuff. If it was left to me to get the information out i would probably have it fixed for Corrinshego's pitch or something. That would be some craic :D :D. Anyone know what that opitch is like anyway?
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

Onion Bag

Quote from: winsamsoon on April 03, 2008, 11:55:03 AM
As i know little about the subject at hand i am greatful for the knowledge Onion bag has provided he obviously knows his stuff. If it was left to me to get the information out i would probably have it fixed for Corrinshego's pitch or something. That would be some craic :D :D. Anyone know what that opitch is like anyway?

Its like f**k all

winsamsoon

classic  :D  :D :D reply lad i am in stitches

I SHOT JR

Armaghs championship game between Either Antrim or Cavan is fixed for the 15th June,

If its Cavan it will be in Breffni

If its Antrim i heard it may be in Crossmaglen, but not too sure whether this is true or not

Cheers Onion Bag, I'm trying to book some flights home, just checking if I'll be there for the championship match.  I hear BBC are showing them all anyway so I may have to settle for watching it on sky digital

Imposerous

JR

I'm afraid the BBC are not showing all the games.  Provisionnally they are showing only those Ulster games that RTE are, but that has not been finalised internally.

Uladh

Even if there's a hurling game in casement, which would probably be moved anyway, why would antrim county board decide to hold their home tie in the opposition's county? who would they not opt for newry or omagh? while we're at it, the GAA wouldn't allow any ulster championship match to be played in cross because it wouldn't hold the crowd.

Onion Bag

Not 100% sure, i just heard that if Antrim Beat Cavan it will be a home Tie for Armagh, and at a county board meeting, they had passed a motion or were trying to pass a motion to have it in Cross, because of the lack of Antrim Support.

And if Cavan beat Antrim it will be a home tie for Cavan and will be palyed in Breffini

bennydorano

Are the Clanns not entering the all county B League?  From what I've heard there are only 5 teams left in it (with one still to confirm their participation) and Clanns aint one of them.

winsamsoon

wouldn't be 100% sure benny but i think it was worthwhile last year but there is a new group of managers at the helm this year so maybe they have decided not to.

illdecide

Quote from: bennydorano on April 03, 2008, 02:16:44 PM
Are the Clanns not entering the all county B League?  From what I've heard there are only 5 teams left in it (with one still to confirm their participation) and Clanns aint one of them.

Just spoke to one of the guys there and he said the clans wanted to enter it. I told him to get the finger out and register for it ASAP
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

armaghniac

QuoteIf its Antrim i heard it may be in Crossmaglen, but not too sure whether this is true or not

While we may have home advantage, I doubt if Cross would get the nod for capacity reasons, the likes of Newry might be used.

if we can't beat the pick of Cavan and Antrim then I wouldn't bother coming home.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B